It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:57 pm

12 SA Teams play overseas in 2018 
World XV Player

forrealz don't you think the crowd will be a factor? I guess Crusaders are experienced enough though
weather : 19°C wind : 19

I.r.w Pro14 one has to wait till next week for the games schedule and venues. PE where the Kings will play hone games in the Nelson Mandela stadium will be hot and humid over December. Best suited for evening kickoffs which will suit the hour earlier uk viewer
Cheetahs homeground Free state stadium will be more suited for summer rugby as it is a colder part of sa
Thus I think if kick-off times are planned properly not a weather issue. Conducive to rugby.
Looking forward to all year rugby in sa starting early in Jan Feb with the Varsity Cup games followed by S18, incoming tours, RCs, the Currie Cup, NH tour and the Pro14

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:24 pm
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
forrealz don't you think the crowd will be a factor? I guess Crusaders are experienced enough though
weather : 19°C wind : 19

I.r.w Pro14 one has to wait till next week for the games schedule and venues. PE where the Kings will play hone games in the Nelson Mandela stadium will be hot and humid over December. Best suited for evening kickoffs which will suit the hour earlier uk viewer
Cheetahs homeground Free state stadium will be more suited for summer rugby as it is a colder part of sa
Thus I think if kick-off times are planned properly not a weather issue. Conducive to rugby.
Looking forward to all year rugby in sa starting early in Jan Feb with the Varsity Cup games followed by S18, incoming tours, RCs, the Currie Cup, NH tour and the Pro14

Yea was just looking at conditions alone, and travel, but really travel shouldn't be an excuse they've had home finals so far this season.
Great it's a sell out :thumbup:
Crusaders have struggled with numbers (again) so awesome it's at a big crowd, Lions. Crowd will be huge. For many of the young ones this will be their biggest game and most hostile crowd.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: 12 SA Teams play overseas in 2018
Forrealz wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
What sort of temperature are these games likely to be played in in SA. It will be a bit of a jolt to the body when you are playing in a howling gale with horizontal rain in Galway one week and the next playing a game during the SA summer

The Crusaders look really good on paper, but the Lions will be very hard to beat.
Yep they should be fit enough but travel, altitude and temp could be the factors to give the Lions a big advanatage. Saying that I wouldn't have a clue re weather

I think B & D is talking about the future pro12 games, not the final bro.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:56 am
World XV Player

Post Re: 12 SA Teams play overseas in 2018
Forrealz wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
What sort of temperature are these games likely to be played in in SA. It will be a bit of a jolt to the body when you are playing in a howling gale with horizontal rain in Galway one week and the next playing a game during the SA summer

The Crusaders look really good on paper, but the Lions will be very hard to beat.
Yep they should be fit enough but travel, altitude and temp could be the factors to give the Lions a big advanatage. Saying that I wouldn't have a clue re weather

sorry Big and Dull

yep will be a factor but they are use to Highlanders, 9covered now though) and Crusaders, so it shouldn't be a huge factor. They may struggle in the tight for a while, maybe?? The Lions again those guys are all top Int players really fronted the kiwi teams in ways super teams havnt in the tight. So the styles will be diff, but hopefully it will be a win win, learn learn both ways

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:10 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Munster got the ace!
Chris Cloete the Steval Pumas Currie Cup openside flanker.
I reckon he is there with SA's best nr6s in Jaco Kriel and Kwagga Smith
Cloete shortish 1.78m play to the ground weighs about 98 kgs
Pure strength! Fitness test to see if this Steval Pumas Currie Cup flanker could be loaned to Kings had him doing 28 bench press reps with 100kgs

http://m.sarugbymag.co.za/?postslug=/bl ... springboks

Cloete scored a try for the Steval Pumas 26 today over Griquas 21. An away Currie Cup game for the sa Pumas and excellent win. Cloete for Munster later on in the Pro14 had a great game come rucks and winning quick ball. His team is right back in it beating Griquas one of the top 4 on the log with wins thus far over Western Province (S18 semi final side as
Stormers, the Bulls and the Cheetahs

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:33 pm