It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
U20 WC 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5748
Location: Pretoria
Post U20 WC
What a comeback! U20 Springboks came from 10 behind 'bout 10 mins left to draw 23 - 23 with France
Bosch nr10 slotted a difficult penalty to bring Springboks within 7 and then the mauls got us closer until the try
France had some difficulty with the u/20 Springbok pack. Bosch showed why he played S18 for the Sharks

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Wed May 31, 2017 2:29 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 9640
Post Re: U20 WC
Bokbefok wrote:
What a comeback! U20 Springboks came from 10 behind 'bout 10 mins left to draw 23 - 23 with France
Bosch nr10 slotted a difficult penalty to bring Springboks within 7 and then the mauls got us closer until the try
France had some difficulty with the u/20 Springbok pack. Bosch showed why he played S18 for the Sharks


How did french 10 play?

He's very young and very promising, played underage last Season

Name Ntamack ..father was a famous french Intl

France have Eng next I think

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed May 31, 2017 7:17 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1684
Post Re: U20 WC
Tony Panties wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:
What a comeback! U20 Springboks came from 10 behind 'bout 10 mins left to draw 23 - 23 with France
Bosch nr10 slotted a difficult penalty to bring Springboks within 7 and then the mauls got us closer until the try
France had some difficulty with the u/20 Springbok pack. Bosch showed why he played S18 for the Sharks


How did french 10 play?

He's very young and very promising, played underage last Season

Name Ntamack ..father was a famous french Intl

France have Eng next I think


No, England are in Wales' pool, whereas France and SA are in the same pool as Argentina and Georgia.


Wed May 31, 2017 10:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 9640
Post Re: U20 WC
najbritcol wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:
What a comeback! U20 Springboks came from 10 behind 'bout 10 mins left to draw 23 - 23 with France
Bosch nr10 slotted a difficult penalty to bring Springboks within 7 and then the mauls got us closer until the try
France had some difficulty with the u/20 Springbok pack. Bosch showed why he played S18 for the Sharks


How did french 10 play?

He's very young and very promising, played underage last Season

Name Ntamack ..father was a famous french Intl

France have Eng next I think


No, England are in Wales' pool, whereas France and SA are in the same pool as Argentina and Georgia.


Oops ! ;)

PS How did Ntamack play?

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed May 31, 2017 10:18 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5748
Location: Pretoria
Post 
Ntamack , is he the son of Emile the famous French winger ?
He is a test star in the making , slotted dropgoals (2) that almost took his side to victory
Both he and the Springbok 10 Bosch will go on and play test rugby I believe

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:06 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 9640
Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
Ntamack , is he the son of Emile the famous French winger ?
He is a test star in the making , slotted dropgoals (2) that almost took his side to victory
Both he and the Springbok 10 Bosch will go on and play test rugby I believe


Yes son of Emile.
As stated he's very young and sensibly bringing him along somewhat quickly but not forcing iut.
Seen as huge potential here and God knows France needs 10s and not these very competent indeed excellent 9/10s that are basically 9s because in France 9 has a big responsibility on running the game.

Thks for input I'm pleased to hear it!

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5748
Location: Pretoria
Post 
Current champions England looked impressive humiliating Samoa with a 70 odd pointer

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:40 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5748
Location: Pretoria
Post 
U20 Springboks 72 Argies 14 which takes sa to the QF
Looked more the A - team than the teams sa played against France and Georgia
Libbok and the nr9 / 10 (Bosch) combo ace. All over good team effort

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:25 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5748
Location: Pretoria
Post 
first semi
England u20 22 SA u20 20
was a good game. crucial mistake sa on a line kick and Bosch missed the dropgoal. England deserved. Not so good at the lineouts but capitalized on sa mistakes. Scrums was a gamble. Ref one for you one for me

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:50 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5748
Location: Pretoria
Post 
second semi ...I stopped watching ht , nz 29 France 0 , seems to be a runaway for nz

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:26 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1684
Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
second semi ...I stopped watching ht , nz 29 France 0 , seems to be a runaway for nz


France getting back into it, at 67 mins the score 36-19.


Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:04 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1684
Post Re: U20 WC
France score again! 36-26 at 70 mins.


Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1684
Post Re: U20 WC
FT score NZ 39-26 France.


Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5748
Location: Pretoria
Post 
nearly sounded like the 1999 2003 2007 WCs nz vs france ;)

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:47 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
nearly sounded like the 1999 2003 2007 WCs nz vs france ;)


2003 when we knocked South Africa out in the 1/4s, then lost to Aus in the semi and never played France at all?

Doesn't sound much like that really.

Try harder.


Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:13 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: