It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 10:47 am

Sonny Bill and Sponsors?? 
World XV Player

Post Re: Sonny Bill and Sponsors??
I'm completely atheist and I see no problem with this at all. If it's in his contract to do so, then go ahead.

Regarding previously having worn the logo, or accepting other sponsors that do similar things - isn't that entirely up to the person making the conscientious objection to decide and not for anyone else to define? It is based on their conscience after all.

My only differing point of view in this is that if he is not allowing the BNZ sponsorship on his jersey, he should also return or donate the portion of his salary based on this sponsorship. They paid for exposure - if they aren't getting it they shouldn't be paying for it.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:06 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
I'm completely atheist and I see no problem with this at all. If it's in his contract to do so, then go ahead.

Regarding previously having worn the logo, or accepting other sponsors that do similar things - isn't that entirely up to the person making the conscientious objection to decide and not for anyone else to define? It is based on their conscience after all.

My only differing point of view in this is that if he is not allowing the BNZ sponsorship on his jersey, he should also return or donate the portion of his salary based on this sponsorship. They paid for exposure - if they aren't getting it they shouldn't be paying for it.

I've read that they have no problems and respect his decision, which brings us back to the mighty point, who cares?

Religion is silly, but not half as silly as people getting all uptight about this.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:44 am
Site Admin

loosechange wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

I've read that they have no problems and respect his decision, which brings us back to the mighty point, who cares?

Religion is silly, but not half as silly as people getting all uptight about this.
Tel could start an argument with someone saying " hello "

Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:52 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

Tel could start an argument with someone saying " hello "

Hello ;)

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:13 am
World XV Player

When money enters a topic Tel is in boots and all.

Come on Tel calling others arseholes is way out of line. You have a habit of holier than thou getting on your high horse and posting in a manner that talks down to others.

Facts are SBW contract details where thrashed out over some time until he signed it last June. Those discussions included representatives with all major sponsers. The NZRU are far wiser than you seem to think they are.

We all know you would love to see the NZRU to crash in a heap when in fact they have a very markitable product.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:31 am
World XV Player

He doesn't want anything to do with banks alcohol tobacco or gambling, so won't be involved in any personal branding of the same.

Fair enough.

Playing devils advocate you could ask about where does the line get drawn, competitions, stadia, advertising hoardings, sponsored by the same, even people betting on him!

He's taken a view on it and decided that his personal conscience is clear and let others be and do what they do. Again fair enough, It's a pretty moderate view really when you consider that there are plenty of people who would rather mow you down in a car because you don't share their beliefs.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:49 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Justic wrote:
Come on Tel calling others arseholes is way out of line. .

I was replying to a post that had used the word and other derogaory comment.

Justic
Bit unfair to single me out.

However sticka and stones ;)

loosechange wrote:
Of course I'm playing it down, it's not news until sheeple spread it wide with personal opinions that mean sfa, including English. Only idiots care about what English has to say, his comments are in the media because they know some people....cough..... Tel ......cough..... lap their bullshit up. The whole event is an embarrassment!? :D To those idiots that repeat it on social media and websites? To who?
How does that famous quote go....
Nothing brings arseholes together faster than something that is none of their *fupping* business.

As to a carefully contrived contract SBW and NZRFU ... according to reports Auckland and BNZ weren't aware until SBW entered the fray with his patched up collar.

I trust the SBW and NZRFU have contrived to exclude SBW from the AIG jersey ... they are a very 'financial company' to xref SBW statement

.......in a statement read on Radio Newstalk ZB, New Zealand Rugby said Williams had "lodged a conscientious objection with New Zealand Rugby in his contract to finance companies, banks, alcohol companies, tobacco companies and gambling companie

AIG by definition and record must be on that list?

... a quick read of this should suffice to suppport this ..

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/04/08 ... bill-blues

It just seems to me a very open conscientious objection that is difficult to avoid in the sporting world and sponsors and should also include Boxing as well as rugby/

However, as stated I wish him well.

I have no malice regarding NZ Rugby just an opinion regarding futures where I find the recent Super Rugby reorganisation interesting and the advent of a more international Club nature just another step in the direction already forecast.

Not to say that I'm necessarily supportive of that either ... just that it has been on the cards and is now closer.

I apologise for my attitude .. have tried ...promise!... just a bit too late now and the spots are engrained ;) :D

Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:32 pm
World XV Player

I say well done SBW , I may not agree with his stance , but I am glad he is able to take it in the over governed money hungry world.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:52 pm
Profile E-mail