It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Aussie rugby *fupped*, and f ing up our Super rugby too 
World XV Player

Post Re: Aussie rugby *fupped*, and f ing up our Super rugby too
That's what I think Simon, I think the conferences and points table helped SA and possibly Aussie to ensure their team make finals, but that's just the way it is if you aren't good enough, it defeats the quality and standard. Both SA and Aussie have had eras and teams that have been good enough to dominate, Brumbies, Bulls etc.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:06 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The old system of one pool were to the advantage of nz and aus again. SA teams had to fly forward in time. Its a 20hr or 32hr flight depends...Sydney or....
Then the SA teams had to play 5 Away games in Australasia whereas nz e.g. played only 2 games in SA and their other 3 Away games is after a 1 hour flight in their nxt door neighbours backyard.
Australasian teams also flew backward in time giving them more preparation.

But even with the Conferences which make it logistically better for SA, the Lions have beaten all the nz teams last year home and away except Canes. The first S10 was won by Lions beating Auckland at Ellispark in the final. It was conveniently wiped from the record books when they banned the Lions and their record

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:39 am
World XV Player

Probably the end of the road in Superrugby for the Cheetahs as they lost to the Chiefs. With sa losing 2 teams no team can afford losing

Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:18 pm
World XV Player

Lions downed the Stormers @ Newlands 29 - 16
so Lions save from being if the criteria is performance

Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:02 pm
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
The old system of one pool were to the advantage of nz and aus again. SA teams had to fly forward in time. Its a 20hr or 32hr flight depends...Sydney or....
Then the SA teams had to play 5 Away games in Australasia whereas nz e.g. played only 2 games in SA and their other 3 Away games is after a 1 hour flight in their nxt door neighbours backyard.
Australasian teams also flew backward in time giving them more preparation.

But even with the Conferences which make it logistically better for SA, the Lions have beaten all the nz teams last year home and away except Canes. The first S10 was won by Lions beating Auckland at Ellispark in the final. It was conveniently wiped from the record books when they banned the Lions and their record

The old system was fair in as much as everyone played everyone, travel was worse for the boks, that's fair, but at least it was a true round robin with the best teams getting to the top.

The current system is a bit of a joke. The best teams don't make it to the playoffs.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:17 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Re:
loosechange wrote:
The old system was fair in as much as everyone played everyone, travel was worse for the boks, that's fair...

So it was fair except for an element of unfairness then :thefinger:

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:47 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Re:
TheSmurf wrote:
loosechange wrote:
The old system was fair in as much as everyone played everyone, travel was worse for the boks, that's fair...

So it was fair except for an element of unfairness then :thefinger:

:thefinger:

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:27 am
Regional Player

Is it the Farce who r being cut? Should cut the M Webbles too.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The past few years the Force, the Rebels and the Blues have been bottom loggers.
Kings out. They didn't even make the Currie Cup of 8 teams!
Sunwolves and Jaguars stay.Global promotion of rugby.

In SA Cheetahs seems to be getting the cut. Will benefit the remaining 4 SA teams because Cheetahs is a harder nut to crack than the Bulls and the Sunwolves which will lead to some easier derbies.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:26 pm
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
One of the two wll be cut
The past few years the Force, the Rebels and the Blues have been bottom loggers.
Kings out. They didn't even make the Currie Cup of 8 teams!
Sunwolves and Jaguars stay.Global promotion of rugby.

In SA Cheetahs seems to be getting the cut. Will benefit the remaining 4 SA teams because Cheetahs is a harder nut to crack than the Bulls and the Sunwolves which will lead to some easier derbies.

Blues bottom loggers! They've been 2nd to last once, never wooden spooners, otherwise they've been in the middle of the pack. :scratch: And let's not forget who they have to play twice.
I have no idea why you'd put 4 times champion Blues in a pack with those 2 teams from Aus. :thefinger: They'd come close to winning the other two conferences, hence why they won't be kicked out.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:04 pm
World XV Player

2 nd last is a whisker from bottom. Lions put a 50 pointer on Blues at Ellispark last year and beat Blues year before in nz.

In 2014 Lions were back after 2 promotion relegation against the Kings Only to find the Kings are still in but nonetheless Lions lost 20 players in the period not playing Superrugby (player contract losses)
Franco v d Merwe to Ulster Josh Strauss to Scotland JC v Rensburg to T14 etc.
Lions picked amateurs from their own clubs and Jimmy Stonehouse (then Steval Pumas) pre season fitness and loaned three players to Lions. One is Faf de Klerk going to Gloucester now for R21 million.
First international side Lions played and beat with an an amateur team was the Blues. Lions did follow up with a win over Reds aswell but lost to Crusaders.
I think like the Bulls three times champs they lost their shine through
weak recent performances although they start an upward curve with coach Umaga

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:35 am
World XV Player

I think the dropping of 2 SA teams and one Aussie team is fair, possibly Sunwolves should be dropped, only spreading the game and money against this.

Pulling out the Blues got 2nd last once? When I think every SA team has been bottom, at least once, some multiple times. Maybe one hasn't? But SA teams normally 2 are at or near the bottom consistently. Similar stats for the weaker Aussue teams with them having to bolster their rosters with kiwis year in year out. Look through the years, we are normally nearer the top, the bottom SA and Aussie teams normally wooden spooners. Highlander and Hurricans both being wooden spooners maybe?

Travel? So what do we do here? Make a biast draw to suit SA teams, the Lions play no NZ teams in 2017, and Rebels, Sunwolves and Jaguars a couple times each. The first time they will play a kiwi team will be home finals.

This draw almost ensures the top qualify which is great for them, in a way, but they are missing some awesome rugby not playing kiwi teams home and away, and is a real soft unfair ride.

Aussie is close but 1 hour is a bit of a exaggeration.

If you have to play 8 NZ and Aussie teams home and away, that's 4 on the road, 5 if you include the Japanese and Jaguars. NZ would now have at least 2 in SA and 1 in Aussie and 1 of the other 2.
I think now we have been going for as long as we can, we deserve of 5 slots, everyone of our teams have won? Aussie can't manage this and rugby is moonwalking backwards in Aus. SA with 6 teams was a joke, politics should stay in SA and no team given extra chances or privilidges to have excess teams in the comp.

A 5 4 3 split is probably fair, with the Argies and Japanese to grow the game.
Super 14 everyone plays 13 games, then semis and finals over three weeks.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:23 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

2 nd last is a whisker from bottom. Lions put a 50 pointer on Blues at Ellispark last year and beat Blues year before in nz.

In 2014 Lions were back after 2 promotion relegation against the Kings Only to find the Kings are still in but nonetheless Lions lost 20 players in the period not playing Superrugby (player contract losses)
Franco v d Merwe to Ulster Josh Strauss to Scotland JC v Rensburg to T14 etc.
Lions picked amateurs from their own clubs and Jimmy Stonehouse (then Steval Pumas) pre season fitness and loaned three players to Lions. One is Faf de Klerk going to Gloucester now for R21 million.
First international side Lions played and beat with an an amateur team was the Blues. Lions did follow up with a win over Reds aswell but lost to Crusaders.
I think like the Bulls three times champs they lost their shine through
weak recent performances although they start an upward curve with coach Umaga

:D So now last few seasons really means 1 season. How on earth does 2 games(funnily enough both involving your favorite team) have any bearing on bottom dwellers? :D All the rest is strangely about the Lions.

The blues have been pretty poor by NZ standards, but they've done alright despite that.

Historically the SA teams have been under par, not all of them, but at least one. In the last few years Aus rugby has declined sadly, SA splinting their talent has been a bit of a disaster(along with politics).

Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:05 pm
World XV Player

Kings (SA nr.9 or maybe 10) just beat the Aussie nr.3 the Waratahs at their homeground in Sydney 26 - 24
Well played by the Kings opening it up and forwards not too shabby either

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:24 pm
World XV Player

Jaguares (Argies) lost to Lions 24 - 26. Argies had some dirt moments but Lions got the cards.
Jaguares lost all three their games on their sa tour against the Sharks, Bulls and now the Lions.
Log Africa(2) : 1. Lions 2. Sharks 3. Jaguares 4.Kings

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:41 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next