It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
SH coke heads arrested in Paris 
World XV Player

Post SH coke heads arrested in Paris
Rugby World Cup winner Ali Williams and Australia international James O'Connor were reportedly arrested for allegedly attempting to buy cocaine in Paris in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The pair were arrested at around 3am near the Arc de Triomphe, according to French news channel LCI.

Police pounced in front of a nightclub as the players allegedly handed over €200 (£170) to two dealers.

Williams had allegedly attempted to ditch the drugs when he saw the officers and both men - along with the dealers - were placed in custody.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-uni ... li-9914563

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: SH coke heads arrested in Paris
Silly boys if true.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:24 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Silly boys if true.

Yeah, buying 'cocaine' outside of a nightclub will get you a baggy of benzocaine mixed with speed and baby powder. Anyone with any sense gets there's from a decent dealer with a good reputation for not stepping on their product too much. :twisted: :D

Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Silly boys if true.

Yeah, buying 'cocaine' outside of a nightclub will get you a baggy of benzocaine mixed with speed and baby powder. Anyone with any sense gets there's from a decent dealer with a good reputation for not stepping on their product too much. :twisted: :D

I know some people think your a twat... but you often hit the nail on the head :D

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

TBH I have no issues with people using recreational drugs. I'm a bit past that stage of life now but as long as my tax dollars aren't going to pay for their rehab I don't care.

That said if your job is to be drug free and play rugby you're a *fupping* idiot to try to buy shit outside a club.

I guess this also says volumes about drug testing in French domestic competition. Both these guys thought nothing of getting some coke on a night out - obviously not worried at all about being caught in a drug test...

Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:40 am
World XV Player

Both released from custody this evening.

Ali charged with purchasing the drug (he was tested negative) O'Connor with having taken cocaine (tested positive), both were significantly inebriated.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/ ... ees/781526

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:34 pm
World XV Player

Saw some French dickhead on TV saying this incident has tarnished the image of the AB's. That is :bs: .

:bootyshake: Ali has not part of the NZRU for some time and if there is any tarnish it must sit with the French outfit he is signed to.

He was tested regularly during his AB career and never tested positive.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:21 am
World XV Player

French drug testing so strict players are buying coke on the streets.

Gotta say something really...

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:12 am
World XV Player

I didn't hear any statement from NZR, FRU, Toulon or Racing telling these lads to go out, get pissed and do some shit.

This is all on the two players and the dealers.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:01 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
French drug testing so strict players are buying coke on the streets.

Gotta say something really...

Yep, it certainly does.

The French were bombed out of the 5N a few years back - according to my stone tablet.

Will World Rugby do the same these days? Seeing as Russia's cheats are banned like.

One good thing, they are innocent former All Blacks now, not guilty French club players.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:14 am
World XV Player

President of Provale the french Players Union suggests that it is present in french rugby and this event should upen up the case

Robins Tchale-Watchou : «Bien sûr que ça existe»

Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:17 pm
World XV Player

Copied here from french section to include this debate already underway ....

------------------

Leinsterblue wrote:
French rugby has a cocaine problem, claims Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal
The Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal has suggested there is a cocaine problem in professional rugby in France in the wake of the arrests of his club’s full back James O’Connor and the Racing 92 second row Ali Williams.

“It’s only my opinion, but I have the impression that in certain clubs and among many players, coke is very popular,” Boudjellal told AFP. “We’ve had the alcohol stage, now we’re at another one. We can’t support that. That needs to stop.”

Boudjellal also said O’Connor’s night in a Paris police cell could cost him his future at Toulon, saying his contract, set to end in July, will be his last.

“He has reopened the debate about his contract extension. We are not going to renew it,” Boudjellal told French newspaper Le Figaro. “We are going to try and manage this season. But I don’t want to overwhelm him.” The former Wallabies winger was reportedly charged with possession of the drug following his arrest in Paris over the weekend. According to AFP, he and former All Black Ali Williams, who faces the more serious charge of buying cocaine, were charged and later released from custody on Sunday. While Williams is due to appear in court at a later date, O’Connor can escape with a fine.

Boudjellal said the 26-year-old O’Connor would be suspended. “He is not going to escape without a suspension, of course,” he said. “After that we will make a decision. James has done something stupid and it’s difficult to defend him. I am going to talk about it with him. He’s a lad of 26-years-old. I’m not here to destroy him. But I’m not here to favour him, either.”

O’Connor had recently been attempting to negotiate a new contract with Toulon, but earlier this month claimed to be in talks with Australian Super Rugby teams. A return to Australia would put the former Western Force, Melbourne Rebels and Queensland Reds utility back in the Wallabies’ frame for the 2019 World Cup, but it seems like a long shot given his off-field indiscretions.

O’Connor played 44 Tests for Australia between 2008 and 2013, but had his contract torn up following a number of misdemeanours and headed for France. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... ulon-owner

Tel posted

Boudjellal's Toulon has been targetted and has been the subject of full squad drug tests recently.

He wants to broaden the issue and use this example as does the Players UnionPresident who admits its prevalent and wants to use the case to open the issue too'

Headline states 'You can be sure that it (drug usage) does exist here (french rugby)

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Article/Rob ... ste/781797

Already under debate but not Cocaine the Racing issues involving Carter, Duliin, Imhoff and Nyanga ...over limit on performing enhancement drugs

Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:43 pm
World XV Player

Justic wrote:
Saw some French dickhead on TV saying this incident has tarnished the image of the AB's. That is :bs: .

:bootyshake: Ali has not part of the NZRU for some time and if there is any tarnish it must sit with the French outfit he is signed to.

It's not French players buying 'cocaine' outside of nightclubs at 3am though, is it?

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Drug taking (whatever) is a widespread issue for Rugby

France regcognise it (Doping Agency Reports)

RFU President recognises it

South African report on the subject ..
e.g

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ng-it.html

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:44 pm
World XV Player

Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin wrote:
Justic wrote:

It's not French players buying 'cocaine' outside of nightclubs at 3am though, is it?

Actually it was French rugby players. They represent the clubs they are contracted to.

The fact that they are ex AB/Wallaby players is irrelevant.

It is a long bow suggesting they have tarnished the union they used to be contracted to.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:17 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next