It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Luatua off 
World XV Player

Post Luatua off
Damn we haven't seen his best yet, big loss, right size, and progressing in 2016

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Luatua off
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11800121
Bristol for this giant 6

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
Damn we haven't seen his best yet, big loss, right size, and progressing in 2016

I think we have bro. He was a beast 3 years ago, then I think injury fcuked it all up and he hasn't hit the same heights again. Probably a good choice going north for the money. I'm no blues fan so not phased about him going, but it's a huge loss for them.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:13 pm
World XV Player

Mixed feelings, I think (after Kaino) he was in miz big time his form was good last year, 25 years and weve seen the best of him?, Kaino didnt treally emerge until 28 plus.. But if doesnt wanna scrap for the jersey bugger

Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:44 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
Mixed feelings, I think (after Kaino) he was in miz big time his form was good last year, 25 years and weve seen the best of him?, Kaino didnt treally emerge until 28 plus.. But if doesnt wanna scrap for the jersey bugger

Maybe he will get back to beast status, but he's probably thinking a black jersey is hard to chase so going for the moolah, which is totally understandable and good luck to him. We will never know now if he will improve as he will probably play in the English second division when he heads north. When he was in form he was amazing, and I thought he'd have a long future in black.

There is a lot that goes on that we don't know about, SH gives every player things to work on, and those that put in the effort get a chance, maybe that's why he is on the outer? I don't know. It seems like the standards and attitudes of players are getting to massively high levels and if you can't keep up, you head north. Not the only reason of course but rugby is getting more and more professional nowadays. Only 20 years ago the best HS players were on the piss every weekend. I hear now it's completely different, kids want that pro contract and work hard for it.

Anyway, definite loss for the blues, a huge loss. Not sure it's a loss for the blackness just yet, I guess this season will tell us.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:02 am
World XV Player

I think my worry and issue almost is, a few years back (like Kaino) he was the next big thing (at 6) and like Kaino he drifted off a bit, but now he's almost clawed his way back probably no 3 equal or outright 6, behind Kaino and Squire. But he was showing real form and ability to be back in the mix.

Unlike a Fekitoa who is going through a slump, Luatua I think had got back on the horse.

I like this column, where I actually think he is a huge loss, http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/ar ... d=11800661

I do worry that coaches like Lam, now dont give a stuff about NZ rugby, Jonno Gibbs now with Ulster, these guys have been mentors and role models to these young players..

NZ number 6 after Kaino??
Squire, Dixon, Ioane, Whitelock

Bit bummed with this loss

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
I think my worry and issue almost is, a few years back (like Kaino) he was the next big thing (at 6) and like Kaino he drifted off a bit, but now he's almost clawed his way back probably no 3 equal or outright 6, behind Kaino and Squire. But he was showing real form and ability to be back in the mix.

Unlike a Fekitoa who is going through a slump, Luatua I think had got back on the horse.

I like this column, where I actually think he is a huge loss, http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/ar ... d=11800661

I do worry that coaches like Lam, now dont give a stuff about NZ rugby, Jonno Gibbs now with Ulster, these guys have been mentors and role models to these young players..

NZ number 6 after Kaino??
Squire, Dixon, Ioane, Whitelock

Bit bummed with this loss

There's no doubting the guys talent. Although he played well last season, so did Squire and Dixon. The blues were shite so that didn't help him. Good luck to him.

As for coaches, we just don't have room for everyone, and tbh it's good for their development to head north and see how they do things, how players train etc.

At the end of the day we are going to lose players and coaches every year, it hasn't really bothered us so far. In fact I think it is a perfect way to make space for up and coming players. It gives them all opportunities, both in NZ and overseas. Everyone wins!(except maybe a few youngsters wanting to play 10 in france :) ).

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:51 pm
World XV Player

Yea about coaches but I think these coa he's loyalties are long gone from us, everybody wins most of the ti
E, blues and ab's don't win here

Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:10 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
Yea about coaches but I think these coa he's loyalties are long gone from us, everybody wins most of the ti
E, blues and ab's don't win here

Blues for sure, yet to know about the blackness, this season will tell I suppose.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:45 am
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:

Surely you mean "Luatua tells SH misers to piss off" ?

Quote:
Luatua off
is so pale and weak.

:D

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:01 am
World XV Player

The inside info and strategy the abundance of nz coaches has is concerning, watching deans talk
About our precious team, lam who some could say was handled harshly. Are these guys going to worry about players like Luatua.
Yea we did well keeping smith and Dagg. A.bit like when Piutau went, guys in their prime or just hitting it. Personally I think Luatua is a buggy. I thought he may have forced the bench in last test with Squire looking ok but not dominant, and Dixonfinding the AB step up also harder than possibly many of us thought.
We can't hold all these kids, SA must get hugely frustrated with players like Luatua and some younger having huge amounts money put in, training.
Can't keep them all, Lam got a good one there, you'd like to think if Tana couldn't hold him back no one could. NZRU I wonder if they see a problem losing this type of player or not.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Yea Bouch, it is the big piss off to nz. I'd love to know the numbers, what his 2017 nz contract would be, and what his Bristol ( is that the teams) contract will. Be.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Forrealz wrote:
Yea Bouch, it is the big piss off to nz. I'd love to know the numbers, what his 2017 nz contract would be, and what his Bristol ( is that the teams) contract will. Be.
It must be a huge amount for him to take it over the blacks, some deep pockets at Bristol.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:

Hiya, byti.

It sounds as if Bristol are determined to improve and I'm surprised they reached all the way down south, mate.

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/

https://youtu.be/MGenewee3Zw

Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:41 pm
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
The inside info and strategy the abundance of nz coaches has is concerning, watching deans talk
About our precious team, lam who some could say was handled harshly. Are these guys going to worry about players like Luatua.
Yea we did well keeping smith and Dagg. A.bit like when Piutau went, guys in their prime or just hitting it. Personally I think Luatua is a buggy. I thought he may have forced the bench in last test with Squire looking ok but not dominant, and Dixonfinding the AB step up also harder than possibly many of us thought.
We can't hold all these kids, SA must get hugely frustrated with players like Luatua and some younger having huge amounts money put in, training.
Can't keep them all, Lam got a good one there, you'd like to think if Tana couldn't hold him back no one could. NZRU I wonder if they see a problem losing this type of player or not.

Mate, you worry toooooo much. How is it a concern that we have lots of coaches in the know? I don't understand that at all. :scratch:
There is no such thing as perfection so it's only natural that some players and coaches leave NZ on not so great terms, it's never going to stop. We can't select every good (sometimes great if the stocks are in good nick) player, it's impossible. Didn't Piatau take the money over the bag?
You lost me on the SA bit. :dontknow:
I think the nzrfu will be a bit gutted to lose any decent player or coach. But there's probably not a lot they can do about it, they don't control the selections.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:01 am