It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 pm

Goodbye 2016 
World XV Player

Post Goodbye 2016
Seasons over. Blackness put in a good shift. 12 from 13 was it? The Ireland loss will get a lot of people down, but I'm the opposite. Good to give the lads something to brew on over the winter break, instead of having a break feeling like rugby gods, they will be reminded that they can't walk every game. Ireland were awesome, so now we need a level up again.

Good
ALB, easily the find of the season, possibly the last 5 years. :shock:
Lurch and Whitelock. Beauty and the beast. Best on the planet, possibly our best ever. I reckon it's going to end that way.
BB. Best player on the planet. Kicking is a bit shite, but who gives a *fupp*. :occasion5:
Dagg. OMG. Dropped from the WC squad. Could've taken the coin, worked his ass off, and now he's our second most important back 3 player. Amazing comeback, what a professional attitude to go with his good nature. Stoked for him.
Coles. Best back wearing a number 2 on the planet. His running and passing game is top notch.
TJ. Finished the season as the undisputed 9 in black. Pretty bizarre how that all came about, but he's taken his chances big time.
Todd. That's not a misprint. He's a very good man to have in the squad. He's done well.
Crotty. Another to take his chances. He's only 28, he's going to be pushing SBW to decent levels next year.
Coaches. :cheers: Even Foster seems to have improved as a coach.(what you think FMYs, I know you loved him :D ). SH is the man.

Cruise. Nothing shit, nothing special.
Read.
A.Savea
Kaino
Cane
Naholo

Under par.
Fekitoa. He should probably take the money now, though it'd be good to see him try and do a Dagg if he's dropped. He's not that bad, it's just next season we will have more on offer.
Savea. The guys form is an absolute mystery.
A.Smith. Mojo well and truly flushed down the public toilet. Started the season as our most important player in many people's eyes.
Squire. Maybe I expected to much from him.

Don't know enough to comment on the fatties. We never get murdered in the set piece, and they put in a shift round the park, but individually I don't really know. Moody needed a good whooping for his silly play in Chicago, but all in all they seem decent enough.

9/10 for me.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:40 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Goodbye 2016
Yeah that was a good year. One loss doesn't bother most people - I reckon a lot has changed after winning back to back RWCs.

Agree on ALB - wow an actual bolter!

Same on all the others, and I reckon the locks are probably our most important two players now.

It makes me shudder to think Foster could be head coach one day. Still, he seems to be better now.

I reckon ASmith will be back to form next year. That guy shouldn't have a GF.

I used to be a big fan of playing wingers on the wing...but nowdays gimme three fullbacks over the "power wings" any day. NMS/Dagg/BSmith for our back three next year please.

The Lions in 2017 is going to be a great watch. With England and Ireland improving so much it's actually quite lucky we've set up one hell of a tour for them!

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:29 am