It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:55 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game 

How bad is it going to be?
AB's by 50 again? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
AB's by 40? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
AB's by 30? 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
AB's by 25? 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
AB's by 22? 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 7

Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 5967
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Post Re: Re:
loosechange wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:
I did not take part in this utterly bulls*t poll.
Firstly there was no radio button for my selection! None zero
The ranges were only onesided!
It was favouring only nz supporters and had no/none options for a sa supporter that felt his team stand a chance
anyone feel the same?

I

I hope this isn’t the whoosh it looks like. :scratch:

I'll put my hand up and say I didn't give the Boks a chance in hell, but the poll was obviously a bit of a joke poll so yeah, a wooshy element here...

People really take polls seriously here. Now I know.

_________________
Smoda sees you doing odd things


Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:12 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15056
Location: Japan
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Justic wrote:
:wtf: just another Tel dig at the AB's

You have to be prepared to take some risks in top sport.

The chances of them paying off are just as high as not paying off.

The black jersey hasn't got where they are by playing "safe conservative" rugby.


But they are usually very balanced in their approach to the game and admirable in the preparation and professionalism. Perpetuating the reckless nature of that period when in command and could have left the field with the Boks flat was unprofessional and was unlike them.

This level of sensitivity to what was a valid criticism, potential turning point of the game and an important injury incurred was unnecessary and they just got drawn in to the 10 min mayhem.
It was a valid point and not a dig that again warrants the posse to defend! ;)

Define professionalism with regards to play Tel. Not being sensitive, and not looking for a fight, honest, I do understand where you’re coming from, just disagree is all. Professionalism on the field is being respectful, not harming anyone illegally, and all those types of sportsmanship rules, that aside, winning is about all that’s left no? Is it because that’s the way it’s done, anything else is unprofessional? I seriously don’t understand where you’re coming from. :scratch:

Christ we're at definition level now!

I'm done, the posse are on a false trail :D

Another saga on the horizon, ....bugger it!

:scratch: Was that not the decent response you were after? Nothing untoward, totally serious. How in the hell could you take that the wrong way? :D Simple question no?
Again, what is unprofessional about going for a try? :D Jesus, this is painful.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10526
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Justic wrote:
:wtf: just another Tel dig at the AB's

You have to be prepared to take some risks in top sport.

The chances of them paying off are just as high as not paying off.

The black jersey hasn't got where they are by playing "safe conservative" rugby.


But they are usually very balanced in their approach to the game and admirable in the preparation and professionalism. Perpetuating the reckless nature of that period when in command and could have left the field with the Boks flat was unprofessional and was unlike them.

This level of sensitivity to what was a valid criticism, potential turning point of the game and an important injury incurred was unnecessary and they just got drawn in to the 10 min mayhem.
It was a valid point and not a dig that again warrants the posse to defend! ;)

Define professionalism with regards to play Tel. Not being sensitive, and not looking for a fight, honest, I do understand where you’re coming from, just disagree is all. Professionalism on the field is being respectful, not harming anyone illegally, and all those types of sportsmanship rules, that aside, winning is about all that’s left no? Is it because that’s the way it’s done, anything else is unprofessional? I seriously don’t understand where you’re coming from. :scratch:

Christ we're at definition level now!

I'm done, the posse are on a false trail :D

Another saga on the horizon, ....bugger it!

:scratch: Was that not the decent response you were after? Nothing untoward, totally serious. How in the hell could you take that the wrong way? :D Simple question no?
Again, what is unprofessional about going for a try? :D Jesus, this is painful.



It wasn't 'just going for a try' 10 mins ia a significant proportion of the game, it was joining in to a somewhat frenetic session that unnecessarily motivated the Boks and also included a seious injury. Continuing to play from often precarious positions was silly and finally the Boks could well have reduced the score.

On 1/2 time they were in a dominant position despite a lower margin due to questioning finishing despite multiple opportunities.

The extra 10 mins, imo, was a signifificant change of influence.

As commentated, I loved the game and now a valid opinion and comment has to be
twisted and turned because there has to be significant debate to defend a questionable decision coupled as always with personal criticism.

The ABs exhibit the quality of their play, their fans on here are 'precious' ;)

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:24 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10526
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
Read what Hansen and Read has to say on the subject ;)


'I'm not sure why we didn't kick it out etc....' Hmmm

wysiwyg people who say it as it is :thumbup:

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/201 ... -town.html

Send 'em a text Loosie and put em right

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15056
Location: Japan
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
So no real explanation on why you think going for a try is unprofessional then. :D Just different to the way things are normally done? NZ are fit and backed themselves, very unprofessional. :D If they’d scored it would’ve been a master stroke. They’ve got a bench of decent players, so taking another 10 minutes out of the oppositions tank isn’t a bad idea.

I’m not having a go because of our past on here, I just find it snobbish for an old man in France to call the greatest sports team ever unprofessional because they wanted to score points. It’s about as precious as one can get. :D

I seriously applaud their intent, I think it’s that kind of thinking that makes them so good. And it’s even better when NH fans somehow find fault, get precious, then call others precious. :occasion5:

I’ve not had a go at you, but as you always seem to remind us, play the point, not the man. Was trying to keep it real. Justic had a dig, so fair play giving her a bit of shit, but she didn’t speak for all kiwis on here, you do realize that yes?

I genuinely still don’t get what you’re getting at.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:40 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10526
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
loosechange wrote:
So no real explanation on why you think going for a try is unprofessional then. :D Just different to the way things are normally done? NZ are fit and backed themselves, very unprofessional. :D If they’d scored it would’ve been a master stroke. They’ve got a bench of decent players, so taking another 10 minutes out of the oppositions tank isn’t a bad idea.

I’m not having a go because of our past on here, I just find it snobbish for an old man in France to call the greatest sports team ever unprofessional because they wanted to score points. It’s about as precious as one can get. :D
I seriously applaud their intent, I think it’s that kind of thinking that makes them so good. And it’s even better when NH fans somehow find fault, get precious, then call others precious. :occasion5:

I’ve not had a go at you, but as you always seem to remind us, play the point, not the man. Was trying to keep it real. Justic had a dig, so fair play giving her a bit of shit, but she didn’t speak for all kiwis on here, you do realize that yes?

I genuinely still don’t get what you’re getting at.

and I just didn't comment on the going for a try which was seconds I commented on the 10 mins

Did you read the following post before replying to this one? :scratch:
Tony Panties wrote:
Read what Hansen and Read has to say on the subject ;)


'I'm not sure why we didn't kick it out etc....' Hmmm

wysiwyg people who say it as it is :thumbup:

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/201 ... -town.html

Send 'em a text Loosie and put em right


Also,
does an old man make any difference or do you subscribe to qgeism?

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:44 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15056
Location: Japan
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
:D It still doesn’t explain how you can call it unprofessional. We took a gamble, didn’t pay off, no worries. Still think it was good to go for it. If we scored, Hansen and Read would’ve said it was a good move.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:32 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10526
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
loosechange wrote:
:D It still doesn’t explain how you can call it unprofessional. We took a gamble, didn’t pay off, no worries. Still think it was good to go for it. If we scored, Hansen and Read would’ve said it was a good move.

I'd bet that Hansen said a lot more behind closed doors ;)

OK Loosie, that's deep enough for you I think.

The oldman xx

Image

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:23 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15056
Location: Japan
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
Not that I like the guy, but this was what Woodward said. Pretty much my take on it.

Quote:
"The highlight for me was the refusal of either side to kick the ball dead after the klaxon went for half-time. Both teams were ultra positive and wanted to play and entertain.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:16 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10526
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
loosechange wrote:
Not that I like the guy, but this was what Woodward said. Pretty much my take on it.

Quote:
"The highlight for me was the refusal of either side to kick the ball dead after the klaxon went for half-time. Both teams were ultra positive and wanted to play and entertain.


Professionalism would suggest that winning was the priority

Hansen, "Read did you play to win?"

Read "We wanted to play be positive, play extra time and entertain"

nuff said

:walk:

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:20 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15056
Location: Japan
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Not that I like the guy, but this was what Woodward said. Pretty much my take on it.

Quote:
"The highlight for me was the refusal of either side to kick the ball dead after the klaxon went for half-time. Both teams were ultra positive and wanted to play and entertain.


Professionalism would suggest that winning was the priority

Hansen, "Read did you play to win?"

Read "We wanted to play be positive, play extra time and entertain"

nuff said

:walk:

:scratch: How is going for points not playing to win?

This is going nowhere. All good. I’ll walk the other way.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:49 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10526
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Not that I like the guy, but this was what Woodward said. Pretty much my take on it.

Quote:
"The highlight for me was the refusal of either side to kick the ball dead after the klaxon went for half-time. Both teams were ultra positive and wanted to play and entertain.


Professionalism would suggest that winning was the priority

Hansen, "Read did you play to win?"

Read "We wanted to play be positive, play extra time and entertain"

nuff said

:walk:

:scratch: How is going for points not playing to win?

This is going nowhere. All good. I’ll walk the other way.


Not that easy eh. I do understand.

Image

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 5967
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
WR agenda points.

1. 30min halves.
2. Unprofessional Play - Teams that do not kill the play in their immediate next move after the siren has sounded, will;
a. 1st half: have a player yellow carded every minute after the siren
b. 2nd half: be disqualified / default
the game.
Aim: To ensure players are not at unnecessary risk of injury that might possibly rule them out of club commitments.


3. le quip to have exclusive rights to any interview involving internationally contracted players
4. All internationally contracted players to learn French for interviews.
Aim: To consolidate and simplify rugby forum copy-paste comments.

_________________
Smoda sees you doing odd things


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:45 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15056
Location: Japan
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
TheSmurf wrote:
WR agenda points.

1. 30min halves.
2. Unprofessional Play - Teams that do not kill the play in their immediate next move after the siren has sounded, will;
a. 1st half: have a player yellow carded every minute after the siren
b. 2nd half: be disqualified / default
the game.
Aim: To ensure players are not at unnecessary risk of injury that might possibly rule them out of club commitments.


3. le quip to have exclusive rights to any interview involving internationally contracted players
4. All internationally contracted players to learn French for interviews.
Aim: To consolidate and simplify rugby forum copy-paste comments.

:D

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 9952
Post Re: Boys vs Men - The Bok/AB game
TheSmurf wrote:
WR agenda points.

1. 30min halves.
2. Unprofessional Play - Teams that do not kill the play in their immediate next move after the siren has sounded, will;
a. 1st half: have a player yellow carded every minute after the siren
b. 2nd half: be disqualified / default
the game.
Aim: To ensure players are not at unnecessary risk of injury that might possibly rule them out of club commitments.


3. le quip to have exclusive rights to any interview involving internationally contracted players
4. All internationally contracted players to learn French for interviews.
Aim: To consolidate and simplify rugby forum copy-paste comments.


:clap:


Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:26 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: