It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:57 pm

ABs for Boks test 1 
World XV Player

Post ABs for Boks test 1
Kane Hames, Dane Coles, Nepo Laulala, Brodie Retallick, Samuel Whitelock, Liam Squire, Sam Cane, Kieran Read (c), Aaron Smith, Beauden Barrett, Rieko Ioane, Sonny Bill Williams, Ryan Crotty, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Damian McKenzie

Reserves: Codie Taylor, Wyatt Crockett, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Scott Barrett, Ardie Savea, TJ Perenara, Lima Sopoaga, Anton Lienert-Brown

Prob our best atm
Ardie and S Barrett better watch out, Fafita is right there
NMS seen as next best, no Naholo

Go the ABs, biggest challenge since Lions

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: ABs for Boks test 1
Our props are in for a beating. This is going back a few years now, we'll be aiming for stability and not a lot more. I reckon we need to see BB play a bit better, not just his kicking. I kinda wish they'd let DMac kick - it would help both his confidence and BBs.

Sometime in this year I'd like to see us settle on a centre combo as our number 1 and just play every game with that. I reckon it's causing a lot of our backline *fupp* ups.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 pm
World XV Player

This is going to be a massive test for the fatties. If they can gain parity, all good. Glad we have our greatest locking combo, and some experience behind them. Ardie just doesn't move the bodies like can and squire do.
Worried about the experience, or lack of in the back 3. In saying that I reckon Lima will come on at the start of the 2nd half and BB will move to the back.
Shame Fafita didn't get another start, but I guess he now knows that having a corker wont get you the shirt for the next game.
I'm surprised it's taking so long to find a CS/Nonu. Or maybe they have? :scratch: I'm shocked ALB hasn't solidified his spot. It's possibly the strangest non selection in the SH era imho, but I'm a no one so all good. :D Last season I thought he'd be our mainstay, sucks being wrong.

At home, blackness by 15.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:25 pm
World XV Player

Props, yep I'm a bit nervous
I'm liking Laulala, and the starts he's having is great, when Franks comes back, he is our no 2, not same impact as Faumuina but a real tighthead scrummager, he's a keeper isn't he?
Loosehead and tighthead bench are a bit of a worry, Maybe Hames will come through. But he got monstered a bit by Lions, so will be interesting. The strangest SH call I find is Ofa, it seems no mater what, they are going to stick with him. :dontknow:

Centres, I recon if SBW has one more bad, he may lose his spot, but saying that they may see the balance. E.g., I hated a combo like C Smith and Mauger, 2 ball players. Maybe they see SBW as the muscle and the other 2 the ball playing options. They are pretty close but they love Crotty, atm, it's up to ALB winning the start jersey off one of these 2.

What a diff a game makes. Ardie looking a bit vulnerable and with Fafita, Kaino and Squire all potentially peaking... The old days of say Masoe, Lauaki and Hollah would often share the bench sub role. Ardie has had it sewn up for a while, possibly, Fafita/Squire are as good as options off the bench, horses for courses.

Yep agree Dmac should kick, and Jordie on return.

Hard decisions for selectors for me is:
1/ carrying on with Ofa, I think they should take a couple other young bucks on NH tour. When do they give another prop a go.....
2/ centre combo, is this the combo, the whole ALB bench thing is it best impact too?
3/ sub lock, is Scotty B the man, will Fafita get a lock bench spot at some stage
4/ impact of bench, we have had a Rolls Royce bench for at least 5 years, can we still own that part of game
5/ prob at the end for me is BB kicking, is it that bad, does it effect his game etc

Hopefully with the locks, Squire, Coles and the Chiefs props (on a good day) there's enuff mongrel there to sort the Boks.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:23 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Springbok side to face the All Blacks in Albany:
Andries Coetzee, Raymond Rhule, Jesse Kriel, Jan Serfontein, Courtnall Skosan, Elton Jantjies, Ross Cronje, Uzair Cassiem, Jean-Luc du Preez, Siya Kolisi, Franco Mostert, Eben Etzebeth, Ruan Dreyer, Malcolm Marx, Tendai Mtawarira.

Reserves: Bongi Mbonambi, Steven Kitshoff, Trevor Nyakane, Lood de Jager, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Francois Hougaard, Handré Pollard, Damian de Allende

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:36 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Springbok side to face the All Blacks in Albany:
Andries Coetzee, Raymond Rhule, Jesse Kriel, Jan Serfontein, Courtnall Skosan, Elton Jantjies, Ross Cronje, Uzair Cassiem, Jean-Luc du Preez, Siya Kolisi, Franco Mostert, Eben Etzebeth, Ruan Dreyer, Malcolm Marx, Tendai Mtawarira.

Reserves: Bongi Mbonambi, Steven Kitshoff, Trevor Nyakane, Lood de Jager, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Francois Hougaard, Handré Pollard, Damian de Allende

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:30 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

where is fafita ? the closest to frik du Preez seen in a century in kiwi land. going with ball in one hand like colin meads used to and running like frik du preez
if only we didn't play quota teams... but the best
should be close though

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:56 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Bbf we had 6 wins with quota% Springbok teams over the ABlacks already
agree .. close

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:02 pm
World XV Player

B + I Lions gave them all kinds doubt

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:13 pm
World XV Player

Will be a good game lol

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Going to be a cracker I hope, how's the weather looking? Was going to go to the pub but some massive typhoon is on its way, don't fancy dodging trees on the way to the bar.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:48 pm
World XV Player

One of the main problems the Springboks rectified from 2016 was in the coaching staff. In 2016 the govt applied the quota law to the coaching staff aswell wih the result that you had an EP (Eastern Province) u/19 coach in charge of the backline. I have seen EP u/19 that was coached by him getting a 60 pointer against them in a curtain raiser.
The coaching staff improved with the Currie cup winners coach now coaching the backline and Brendan Venter a medical docter as defense coach. There is a forwards coach and Coetzee the head coach is miles ahead from '16 because of the better quality structure.

Not that the EP u/19 guy could not coach. He just hadn't coach at this level before not even in the Currie cup and need much more experience for this.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:59 am
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
One of the main problems the Springboks rectified from 2016 was in the coaching staff. In 2016 the govt applied the quota law to the coaching staff aswell wih the result that you had an EP (Eastern Province) u/19 coach in charge of the backline. I have seen EP u/19 that was coached by him getting a 60 pointer against them in a curtain raiser.
The coaching staff improved with the Currie cup winners coach now coaching the backline and Brendan Venter a medical docter as defense coach. There is a forwards coach and Coetzee the head coach is miles ahead from '16 because of the better quality structure.

Not that the EP u/19 guy could not coach. He just hadn't coach at this level before not even in the Currie cup and need much more experience for this.

Bro, you have to shake this quota gripe. It's the way it is because of history, and although we all have views on it being right or wrong, it's life. We all know you guys have them. There's no need to remind us every time the boks play. The more you bring it up, the more I think, good job.
Just focus on the team selected, and talk about that mate.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:47 am
World XV Player

about the team. It's not our best but I am still convinced we'll run close. I watched the sa Lions last year and this year quarters semis finals against your best teams in Super rugby and also when the sa Lions played your teams in pool games last year. You have weaknesses and we at times scored many tries easily. ABs team picked also some selection hiccups ....a 15 at 10, ardie savea fafita not on, the 10 12 combo nt on

Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:29 am
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
about the team. It's not our best but I am still convinced we'll run close. I watched the sa Lions last year and this year quarters semis finals against your best teams in Super rugby and also when the sa Lions played your teams in pool games last year. You have weaknesses and we at times scored many tries easily. ABs team picked also some selection hiccups ....a 15 at 10, ardie savea fafita not on, the 10 12 combo nt on

Are you talking about POTY Barrett?
Ardie lost his place, he's not good enough at moving bodies so he's gone burger, Cane a much better body mover.
Fafita deserves another start but I guess he's getting eased into the team.

We absolutely have weaknesses, it's great we are seeing this now though, and even better, we aren't losing. :occasion5:

Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:16 am