It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:20 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Mighty are the fallen ... 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13763
Post Mighty are the fallen ...
Biarritz, once a powerhouse in the Top14 and were in contention for promotion from ProDiv2 this Season are now under a relegation to Federale 1 (3rd div) by the audit function for potential failure to meet the financial obligation for next Season ...

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Fri May 18, 2018 1:45 pm
Profile
Online
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 3013
Post Re: Mighty are the fallen ...
So how big is their debt then?


Fri May 18, 2018 2:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13763
Post Re: Mighty are the fallen ...
najbritcol wrote:
So how big is their debt then?


That Q has a rather sharp edge to it?

You have told me that you are a qualified french translator.
I have sent you by PM the article that led to my post.
If you are interested further, go find the whole story on french internet, it'sall there ...

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Fri May 18, 2018 3:04 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 pm
Posts: 30452
Post Re: Mighty are the fallen ...
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
So how big is their debt then?


That Q has a rather sharp edge to it?

You have told me that you are a qualified french translator.
I have sent you by PM the article that led to my post.
If you are interested further, go find the whole story on french internet, it'sall there ...
What's the point of putting up a thread about Biarritz if you are not prepared to expand on the content, regardless whether or not Naj irritates you, others may well be interested and don't speak or read French.

_________________
You cannot enslave my mind, therefore I will always be a free man.
I can count my true friends on the hairs on the palms of my hands.


Fri May 18, 2018 3:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13763
Post Re: Mighty are the fallen ...
Thegrimriper wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
So how big is their debt then?


That Q has a rather sharp edge to it?

You have told me that you are a qualified french translator.
I have sent you by PM the article that led to my post.
If you are interested further, go find the whole story on french internet, it'sall there ...
What's the point of putting up a thread about Biarritz if you are not prepared to expand on the content, regardless whether or not Naj irritates you, others may well be interested and don't speak or read French.


The detail was sparse and I'm often chastised for too many french quotes, so I took a direct option and had been told of Naj's french fluencyso I took that option. The detail was provided.

Dammed if one does and dammed if one doesn't.

Anyone interested ... this is the article

....they have to find a budget of 3 m euros to cover some withdrawn support etc ...and are being asked to produce evidence of some cover and have 3 weeks to do so etc
Image
Not the first time I've hd similat conversations with Naj either.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Fri May 18, 2018 3:30 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13763
Post Re: Mighty are the fallen ...
Announced this am that Biarritz will be relegated to div3

I expect an appeal.

The stupidity is that Biarritz and Bayonne are close neighbours just like Aberavon and Neath and with a population of probably less.

Both are fierce but independent Basque teams .....but they detest one another and refuse fusion, meanwhile they both sink.

They have tried to amalgamate but the supporters refused.

Stupid

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sat May 19, 2018 9:50 am
Profile
Online
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 3013
Post Re: Mighty are the fallen ...
Tony Panties wrote:
Announced this am that Biarritz will be relegated to div3

I expect an appeal.

The stupidity is that Biarritz and Bayonne are close neighbours just like Aberavon and Neath and with a population of probably less.

Both are fierce but independent Basque teams .....but they detest one another and refuse fusion, meanwhile they both sink.

They have tried to amalgamate but the supporters refused.

Stupid


So it seems that petty and short-sighted tribalism isn't just confined to South Wales after all? ;)


Sat May 19, 2018 4:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13763
Post Re: Mighty are the fallen ...
Biarritz have been saved at the last minute.

The hole in their accounts of 2.8m euros has been committed to the audit function on appeal and all player contracts etc have been underwritten.


There has been Boardroom battles for some time and 2 business men have supplied the necessary financing (26% holding each ) and one of them has become President of the Club, the fourth in 3 years. :D

The finances are now on an even keel although the reticence amongst the supporters of both Bayonne and Biarritz to combine into a powerful Basque set up negates the ultimate best option.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:04 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: