It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Toulon times are changing ....w, 
World XV Player

Post Toulon times are changing ....w,
Toulon beat lowly Brive 41/24 today 6t/3 (1 a little fortuitous ;) ). but more importantly imo ....

GalthiƩ is introducing a much more open, effective game plan ..

Today ... Trinh-Duc and Brllau (new youngster 10 in french squad) as 1st/2nd 5/8 worked well ... new S Hemp centre XIII Radradra was excellent(mom) and Fekitoa has just arrived .... that makes a very significant backline when one adds in Nonu, in form Bastereaud, Bonneval, Tuisova and Ashton

I think that Toulon will be an increasing force to be reckoned with although maybe vulnerable in the transition ...

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:00 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Toulon times are changing ....w,
They only scraped past a Scarlets team far from their best and a Treviso team who, although improving, at the end of the day are still Treviso. Considering how Brive have been bottom of the Top 14 for many weeks now, I'm not too sure if this is any real turning point for Toulon.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:29 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
They only scraped past a Scarlets team far from their best and a Treviso team who, although improving, at the end of the day are still Treviso. Considering how Brive have been bottom of the Top 14 for many weeks now, I'm not too sure if this is any real turning point for Toulon.

Just an observation watching them play each week ;)

Note : Trinh-Duc / Bellau 1st/2nd 5/8 is new. Radradra is new and has a formidable X111 reputation (on and off the field), Fekitoa has just arrived and hasn't played yet. Ashton is beginning to make his mark, ecored an excellent try yesterday .....

As commented, their style of play looks as if it is changing with an inventive, attacking aspect which has not really been a feature of their game plan.

Your statement is accurate but cherry picked again and has little bearing on futures which I am trying to discern and comment on ...

Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:09 am

Well I suppose they eventually would have to move on from just Bastareaud squeezing the opposition to death.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Well I suppose they eventually would have to move on from just Bastareaud squeezing the opposition to death.

So you agree then?

Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:21 pm

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

So you agree then?

Yes probably. I attended the Scarlets-Toulon match at PyS last December, and I thought that Toulon's playing style, while (usually) effective, was rather ugly.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:04 pm
Profile E-mail