It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:07 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Rene Ranger joins La Rochelle 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 9687
Post Rene Ranger joins La Rochelle
Rene Ranger signed for La Rochelle on 2 year contract.

Previously playedfor Montpeierbut had some problems there .

Good player, can be a game changer

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:38 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4022
Post Re: Rene Ranger joins La Rochelle
Tony Panties wrote:
Rene Ranger signed for La Rochelle on 2 year contract.

Previously playedfor Montpeierbut had some problems there .

Good player, can be a game changer

Bit of a so so season back here
Fitness (injury) and mid field wing competition with SBWs, Moala, Reiko Iaone to compete for spots. All are power players so hard to stand out..

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:00 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4022
Post Re: Rene Ranger joins La Rochelle
France prob pays 2wice amount too, came backe to have a go, good on him for that

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:07 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 9687
Post Re: Rene Ranger joins La Rochelle
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No probs it was only for info ...

His initial case was interesting because he moved to Montpelier having signed a pre contract and couldn't get out of it .. at that time he was playing well in NZ. He did well at Montpelier but had family problems back home (on record) and was allowed to return early.

However, he's back, I always enjoyed watching him ... he was a real game changer, ... :thumbright:

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:37 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58709
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Rene Ranger joins La Rochelle
Has the season started yet?

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:33 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 9687
Post Re: Rene Ranger joins La Rochelle
Langland Exile wrote:
Has the season started yet?


Nope, friendlies abound and in 35 - 40° at the mo.
Crazy

First round Top14 on 26 August!

However, sensibly, the International squad of 40 now have an obligatory 6 wk rest period under the new rules and wont be seen for somewhat longer..

Alread some nasty injuries :angry4:

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:40 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4022
Post Re: Rene Ranger joins La Rochelle
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Has the season started yet?


Nope, friendlies abound and in 35 - 40° at the mo.
Crazy

First round Top14 on 26 August!

However, sensibly, the International squad of 40 now have an obligatory 6 wk rest period under the new rules and wont be seen for somewhat longer..

Alread some nasty injuries :angry4:

Do many players i.e. SA players come from August to January, (back to super rugby) or do French clubs not like doing this?

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:15 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 9687
Post Re: Rene Ranger joins La Rochelle
Forrealz wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Has the season started yet?


Nope, friendlies abound and in 35 - 40° at the mo.
Crazy

First round Top14 on 26 August!

However, sensibly, the International squad of 40 now have an obligatory 6 wk rest period under the new rules and wont be seen for somewhat longer..

Alread some nasty injuries :angry4:

Do many players i.e. SA players come from August to January, (back to super rugby) or do French clubs not like doing this?


They are normally recruited full term and unlike NZ are available for SA selecelction and Article 9 release.

Throughout all the french leagues, pro and semi pro, S A is the highest foreign population.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:23 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4022
Post Re: Rene Ranger joins La Rochelle
Tony Panties wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Has the season started yet?


Nope, friendlies abound and in 35 - 40° at the mo.
Crazy

First round Top14 on 26 August!

However, sensibly, the International squad of 40 now have an obligatory 6 wk rest period under the new rules and wont be seen for somewhat longer..

Alread some nasty injuries :angry4:

Do many players i.e. SA players come from August to January, (back to super rugby) or do French clubs not like doing this?


They are normally recruited full term and unlike NZ are available for SA selecelction and Article 9 release.

Throughout all the french leagues, pro and semi pro, S A is the highest foreign population.

It's hard to really gauge the depth of SA rugby with so many in NH, and quota governance issues. I actually think with all on board and best team selected, they would still be right at the top, smacking our heals.

Sometimes I wish our players could experience France September to Feb, then eased back into super, but as you say timeframes don't allow.

Really like hearing how our boys are going in France? I might try and get to a game this season, as we are passing through, one with loads kiwi and Fiji boys. We've never been anywhere so are by know means experienced travelers but a good French game would be awesome..

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:09 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: