It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Toulon to be relegated??? 
Regional Player

Post Toulon to be relegated???
Google Translate
http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/top-14/20 ... tory.shtml
Quote:
TOP 14 - Thunderclap: the club of Toulon would be under the threat of relegation in Pro D2. The reason: a hole in the order of 2 million euros. This could be filled by President Mourad Boudjellal. It remains to be seen what the reaction of the association of the club.

According to Var Matin , Toulon, finalist of the last Top 14, would be under the threat of an administrative relegation in Pro D2 if he did not respond to requests from the DNACG. The financial gendarme has indeed asked President Mourad Boudjellal to proceed with a capital increase (2 million) in order to meet his financial situation. In particular, the provision for the fine of 1.7 million euros that the RCT has to pay to its former equipment supplier, Puma, after a breach of an abusive contract. Convened before the DNACG before 30 June, the Var club must bring the funds before its hearing.

While the situation seemed to be settled, Boudjellal did not find an agreement with the Association to settle the issue of the capital increase. The latter holds 51% of the shares, against 49% in the amateur sector of the club. A balance that would be maintained if the contribution (2 million euros) is shared between the two entities. For the time being, the Association would not have the financial means.

But it would also deny that Mourad Boudjellal, if he alone carried this investment, increases his shareholding and becomes more largely a majority. "We do not have to let our hands free and allow anyone to enter the capital, we want to have a right of veto on future decisions." In the name of money alone, we can not sell The history of the club , "said Alex Massari, president of the Association, Var Matin . "I will not sign a blank check . "

As for the DNACG, it is expected to know the final position of the club to decide the future of the vice-champion of France . What possible sanctions? The limitation of payroll could not be possible with regard to the amount payable to Puma. The threat of demotion thus becomes meaningful. It will either be a retention or a demotion.

Emmanuel Massicard (Midi Olympique)

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Toulon to be relegated???
RCT Boudjellel recapitialised and out of the clutches of DNACG

The deficit caused by the heavy 1.7m fine in favour of Puma can be offset and the real deficit is 500k euros caused mainly by some drop in attendance (largely diff offsite and ground works upgrade in capacity?)

google translate may oblige

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/ ... acg/812169

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:01 am
British & Irish Lions Player

Are the French media obligated to have one sensational story about Toulon every week? They seem to appear regularly though in most cases nothing seems to come of them

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Are the French media obligated to have one sensational story about Toulon every week? They seem to appear regularly though in most cases nothing seems to come of them

Fair comment B+D

Boudjellal is such a contentious character he's fair game ?

He's also pretty astute. ;)

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:53 pm
World XV Player

Like the Toulon team
Tried to get in stadium today, all shut up but was impressed by stadium and pubs cafes around promoting team.
First NH rugby buzz I've seen. I like the poster at the shop welcoming Fekitoa to Toulon huge poster, excellent. Luke McAlister is looking old lol.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:28 pm
Profile E-mail