It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:17 am

ProDiv2 teams promoted 
World XV Player

Post ProDiv2 teams promoted
Agen beat Montauban 41/20 in front of a big crowd at Bdx to join Oyonnax in the Top14 next Season.... :thumbright: :clap: :thumbup:
I live between Agen and Montauban ..

...guess which team I support of the 2 ;)

I first watched Agen in early 80s in 2 French Championship Finals (Sella et al ..beat Bayonne but lost against Beziers after extra time) when I was working in Paris, no idea then that I would live near there 10 years later ...

They've won the Championship 8 times in their history but sadly aint got enough money to compete at the top of the big time now :(

Sun May 21, 2017 4:54 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: ProDiv2 teams promoted
Interesting that both Oyonnax and Agen were relegated last season and have made their way back at the first time of asking. (Looks like London Irish will do the same too). No Bristol curse for them then. ;) What's happened to Perpignan and Biarritz these days?

Mon May 22, 2017 4:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Interesting that both Oyonnax and Agen were relegated last season and have made their way back at the first time of asking. (Looks like London Irish will do the same too). No Bristol curse for them then. ;) What's happened to Perpignan and Biarritz these days?

Biarritz lost to Agen in the plsy offs.

Perpignan made a run late on but didn't make the play offs....

Mon May 22, 2017 8:04 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Biarritz lost to Agen in the plsy offs.

Perpignan made a run late on but didn't make the play offs....

Maybe I am wrong, but I get the impression that French rugby is actually more dynamic than English rugby, in the sense that there seems to be more mobility between the top two professional leagues in France than is the case in England, and it is easier for 'outsiders' and 'minnows' to succeed at the top in France. (Exeter have done remarkably well since entering the Aviva in 2010, but I'd argue they are an exception to the rule. Far more typical are the problems suffered by Bristol, London Welsh and to some extent Newcastle and Worcester).

Mon May 22, 2017 8:50 pm
Profile E-mail