It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:56 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Racing & Stad 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 87004
Post Re: Racing & Stad
GN100 wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
So, Paris 1 pro rugby team. London 2 Pro rugby teams

Swansea 2 pro rugby teams

does not compute.

Interesting development. Neither side all that but there's huge potential


:D :D Yma O Hyd g'boi.


Yeah, still no further forward than we were 14 years ago though. At least you accept your side is part of Swansea, we are getting somewhere.

This merger isn't lost on some people though.

_________________
Sometimes we can disagree with the facts

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean


Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:45 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 9:44 am
Posts: 2538
Post Re: Racing & Stad
Fids the Blindside wrote:
GN100 wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
So, Paris 1 pro rugby team. London 2 Pro rugby teams

Swansea 2 pro rugby teams

does not compute.

Interesting development. Neither side all that but there's huge potential


:D :D Yma O Hyd g'boi.


Yeah, still no further forward than we were 14 years ago though. At least you accept your side is part of Swansea, we are getting somewhere.

This merger isn't lost on some people though.


:D You're too funny.

_________________
"above all else, I'm a WUM."
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67266&p=2975706&hilit=wum&sid=948ebad97c19a6ce8a0c88019c945d56#p2975706


Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 87004
Post Re: Racing & Stad
Only to knowlessmen like yourself.

_________________
Sometimes we can disagree with the facts

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean


Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:20 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 3452
Location: urmyC
Post Re: Racing & Stad
Looks like this has gone down well.........


Image

_________________
Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon. Hep brezhoneg,Breizh ebet. Den heb tavas a-gollas a dyr.


Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 8046
Post Re: Racing & Stad
This quote from Savare directly contradicts Lorenzetti's who had told the media that the merger was due to preventing a Qatari bid

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Article/Le- ... ais/785639

«Pour la 192e fois, je n'ai jamais été contacté par un groupe qatarien, et Jacky Lorenzetti le sait parfaitement bien. J'imagine qu'il a pris l'exemple de cette rumeur qui tourne sans fondement pour insister sur l'importance d'une gouvernance assurée par des entrepreneurs français.»

That basically says that Lorenzetti knew full well and said what he said because he listened to the rumour and used it, which wasn't true, as an example of what could happen!!

That effing bizarre given the circumstance of so called 'merger' ... not speaking to one another and contradicting each other in formal public statements??

A great start to their Union ...

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:25 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:09 pm
Posts: 28043
Location: Pontllanfraith
Post Re: Racing & Stad
Merger off

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39321038

_________________
Dear England, you can make as many sheep jokes as you want, you voted for a pig *fupper*!


Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
International Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1219
Post Re: Racing & Stad
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:


Good, so it most likely means Ospreys' Euro match will go ahead after all. :cheers:


Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 8046
Post Re: Racing & Stad
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:


Seems like Lorenzetti the Racing President pulled the plug.

He and Racing were always the dominant side of the merger

Where Stade go now with another big deficit on the blocks (he's already pumped in more than 40m), best players on transfer, his family always discontent with his takeover, Coach already resigned for Season end and a dwindling attendance ....

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/ ... lee/786843

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:55 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1219
Post Re: Racing & Stad
Tony Panties wrote:
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:


Seems like Lorenzetti the Racing President pulled the plug.

He and Racing were always the dominant side of the merger

Where Stade go now with another big deficit on the blocks (he's already pumped in more than 40m), best players on transfer, his family always discontent with his takeover, Coach already resigned for Season end and a dwindling attendance ....

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/ ... lee/786843

How have SF been so unsuccessful and mismanaged, considering their star-studded team and the fact they were T14 champions just two seasons ago?


Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 8046
Post Re: Racing & Stad
najbritcol wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:


Seems like Lorenzetti the Racing President pulled the plug.

He and Racing were always the dominant side of the merger

Where Stade go now with another big deficit on the blocks (he's already pumped in more than 40m), best players on transfer, his family always discontent with his takeover, Coach already resigned for Season end and a dwindling attendance ....

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/ ... lee/786843

How have SF been so unsuccessful and mismanaged, considering their star-studded team and the fact they were T14 champions just two seasons ago?


Afraid Naj that you are again picking an isolated statistic ;)

Forget the TOP14 win, bit of a flash in the pan, that year they finished 4th in the league the only time they qualified for the play off and Europe over the last 7 Seasons from 2010-2011 to current 11,7,10,7,4,12,12.

Savare bailed them out after business problems that included a fraudulent takeover bid etc) and took them over but despite undeniably excellent business qualifications and track record (actually it's an family business and his takeover wasnt popular with the family at that time) a Rugby Super Club a different kettle of fish. The previous record was good but never won HC and huge gates built around kitsch events and a record sales of evocative, sexy player pen portrait Calenders
There's a difference between running a major enterprise and a Rugby Super Club, he's invested millions (at least 40m over last 6 years) and what might be termed star studded but failed cue the likes of poor ROI investments Steyn, Genia et al. They've also changed their coaching staff more that once. Their following has dwindled consistent with their record and it's been a case of creeping decadence.

Without a Racing Merger ... where to from now is a difficult question to answer. Savare denies any Qatari interest by Racing boss cited the merger as a result of that interest.

French and Paris Rugby doesn't want another PSG completely dominating the game.

Businessmen Lorenzetti, Altrad, Boudjellal and Marty and the like have business interests tied to their investments, Savare hasn't.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:03 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: