It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:36 am

Alexis Palisson - HIA 
World XV Player

Post Alexis Palisson - HIA
Incredible scenes................

If a player can pass a Head Injury Assessment after this impact and this footage, the rules of the game need changing.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/alexis-p ... ion-115754

Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Alexis Palisson - HIA
Saw the game

Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:12 pm
World XV Player

Doesn't look great, but you can't really tell what happened there.

You can have that sort of reaction without hitting the head, it's some kind of body shock, most people who have played will have had it at it one time or another - and yes it does normally come about from being steam rollered over!

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:33 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Doesn't look great, but you can't really tell what happened there.

You can have that sort of reaction without hitting the head, it's some kind of body shock, most people who have played will have had it at it one time or another - and yes it does normally come about from being steam rollered over!

Tlse are ultra concerned now after their unfortunate Fritz fracas

Palisson seemed fine when he came back on.......the full frontal bang he took was awful to watch and everybody knew it was coming. It looked like he just took it almost full frontal

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:41 pm
Regional Player

Doesn't the medical team have to review footage of the impact and can pull him off even he has passed a HIA? Or am I wrong?

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fingal wrote:
Doesn't the medical team have to review footage of the impact and can pull him off even he has passed a HIA? Or am I wrong?

The decision is out of teams hands

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:23 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Saw the game

Hardly a murmur in the English speaking press/media on this, though I shudder to think what the reaction would have been had this been George North. What's the reaction in the French press/media on it ?

Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:41 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Llew wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Saw the game

Hardly a murmur in the English speaking press/media on this, though I shudder to think what the reaction would have been had this been George North. What's the reaction in the French press/media on it ?

I hven't noted any ...
Not to say there isn't any ...
I've read the main reports of match and Pallison has been amongt those better rated in game performance, he did perform well when he returned and showed no signs of problem.

The major gossip concerns his team Toulouse precarious position and potential first ommision from the Prime Euro competition

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:13 am
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^^^

Response this morning from FFR. Translated for convenience, so may have some grammar errors. Interesting point that they have already introduced independent doctors for the closing stages of the T14. Not so in this game though.

Quote:

Serge Simon: "The Palisson case is scandalous"

The case of Toulouse winger Alexis Palisson, who returned to the field after a knockout Sunday against La Rochelle (21-27), made a lot of talk. Serge Simon, vice-president of the FFR, considers this situation "unacceptable and scandalous".

Alexis Palisson should never have returned to the Ernest-Wallon stadium on Sunday. The Toulouse winger, completely sounded after a great percussion of the Rochelais Levani Botia from the 12th minute of play, had nevertheless resumed his place a few minutes later until the end of the meeting (21-27). A situation ubuesque which has made much react in the middle of the rugby and on the social networks. Clearly victim of a concussion, the former player of Brive and Toulon had even staggered before falling, looking haggard, on one of the referees touch.

"Everyone saw that he had a concussion"

Serge Simon, particularly well-trained, wants to understand why Palisson was able to return to the pitch. "The case of Palisson is unacceptable in modern rugby," said the vice-president of the French Rugby Federation Tuesday morning, it is scandalous, the player made a blatant and indisputable concussion. A brain concussion protocol to see him, all the world has seen him and this kid has stayed on the field of play.We know today the dangerousness of repeated concussions.How a player can still escape this Protocol in the French league and how did Palisson stay on the pitch? "

An inquiry to come?

For Serge Simon, it is vital that this situation does not happen again. "We have to get rid of the responsibilities," he said, "we will question the League at a minimum and we are thinking about carrying out an investigation to find out if there is a fault, and if so where is it. The President of the Federation, Bernard Laporte, is very angry and is determined to make all the clarity on this case which is unacceptable in modern rugby. More in my day when it was better with the magic sponge ... "

Independent doctors during matches?

Serge Simon said a letter would be sent to NRL that day. According to him, several hypotheses are under consideration to avoid reliving such a situation, and in particular the setting up of independent doctors during regular season games as is the case in the final championship phases.

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/rugby/serge-s ... 16664.html

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Llew wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

Response this morning from FFR. Translated for convenience, so may have some grammar errors. Interesting point that they have already introduced independent doctors for the closing stages of the T14. Not so in this game though.

Quote:

Serge Simon: "The Palisson case is scandalous"

The case of Toulouse winger Alexis Palisson, who returned to the field after a knockout Sunday against La Rochelle (21-27), made a lot of talk. Serge Simon, vice-president of the FFR, considers this situation "unacceptable and scandalous".

Alexis Palisson should never have returned to the Ernest-Wallon stadium on Sunday. The Toulouse winger, completely sounded after a great percussion of the Rochelais Levani Botia from the 12th minute of play, had nevertheless resumed his place a few minutes later until the end of the meeting (21-27). A situation ubuesque which has made much react in the middle of the rugby and on the social networks. Clearly victim of a concussion, the former player of Brive and Toulon had even staggered before falling, looking haggard, on one of the referees touch.

"Everyone saw that he had a concussion"

Serge Simon, particularly well-trained, wants to understand why Palisson was able to return to the pitch. "The case of Palisson is unacceptable in modern rugby," said the vice-president of the French Rugby Federation Tuesday morning, it is scandalous, the player made a blatant and indisputable concussion. A brain concussion protocol to see him, all the world has seen him and this kid has stayed on the field of play.We know today the dangerousness of repeated concussions.How a player can still escape this Protocol in the French league and how did Palisson stay on the pitch? "

An inquiry to come?

For Serge Simon, it is vital that this situation does not happen again. "We have to get rid of the responsibilities," he said, "we will question the League at a minimum and we are thinking about carrying out an investigation to find out if there is a fault, and if so where is it. The President of the Federation, Bernard Laporte, is very angry and is determined to make all the clarity on this case which is unacceptable in modern rugby. More in my day when it was better with the magic sponge ... "

Independent doctors during matches?

Serge Simon said a letter would be sent to NRL that day. According to him, several hypotheses are under consideration to avoid reliving such a situation, and in particular the setting up of independent doctors during regular season games as is the case in the final championship phases.

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/rugby/serge-s ... 16664.html

That report and another have appeared only a short time ago today e.g on the L'Equipe site late this morning.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/

Another slant to take into consideration is the current open warfare between the FFR (major protagonists Laporte and Simon) and the LNR (Goze and T14 Presidents) since the FFR announced their intention to go for central contracts and are hell bent on diminishing the LNR importance ... contract renewal 2018/9.

Today the 12 LNR Presidents have a war meeting under the auspicies of the LNR to plan their campaign, going to T16 is on the agenda etc. The 2 Presidents missing are Boudjellal who is in cahoots with Laporte (they were close of course at Toulon) and the Bayonne President who has pleaded lack of knowledge of the meeting ;)

The Top16 ploy is interesting cos that will harness the support of the Clubs facing relegation and strengthen the LNR hand.

It's going to be bloody out there.

I'm not suggesting in any way that Laporte/Simon are fabricating opportunity to implicate the LNR in the Pallison affair but it does help ;)

Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:29 pm
World XV Player

I suppose we could discuss the weather ? :scratch: :D

Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Llew wrote:
I suppose we could discuss the weather ? :scratch: :D

Not today Llew it's awful here, rivers about to burst banks :wtf:

FFR/LNR bunfight will be interesting if you like the 'X' variety ;)

Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:24 pm
World XV Player

Article in todays local paper (very Toulouse supportive) has admitted that the Tlse assessors missed Palisson's second fall after his 'accident'

Tlse will have to face a tribunal on the issue.

It was stated in the article that in the Top14 competition only 1/4 finals + have independent assesors

Palisson has had 3 subsequent test (the latest yesterday) and all are ok, .. that, however, is beside the point.

Ref the FFR/LNR confrontation I will update the event in the french section ... it will be interesting and suspected blood on the walls :D

Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:17 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Article in todays local paper (very Toulouse supportive) has admitted that the Tlse assessors missed Palisson's second fall after his 'accident'

Tlse will have to face a tribunal on the issue.

It was stated in the article that in the Top14 competition only 1/4 finals + have independent assesors

Palisson has had 3 subsequent test (the latest yesterday) and all are ok, .. that, however, is beside the point.

Ref the FFR/LNR confrontation I will update the event in the french section ... it will be interesting and suspected blood on the walls :D

I think the independent doctors aspect was brought in after the Florian Fritz incident. EPCR are now also looking to bring in Independent doctors on 1/4 finals too. PRL also looking at it. Has to to be a step in the right direction. Some way to go on this to get it right...........

Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:43 pm
Profile E-mail