It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:09 pm

French Rugby has Cocaine Problem - Boudjellal 
World XV Player

Post French Rugby has Cocaine Problem - Boudjellal
French rugby has a cocaine problem, claims Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal
The Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal has suggested there is a cocaine problem in professional rugby in France in the wake of the arrests of his club’s full back James O’Connor and the Racing 92 second row Ali Williams.

“It’s only my opinion, but I have the impression that in certain clubs and among many players, coke is very popular,” Boudjellal told AFP. “We’ve had the alcohol stage, now we’re at another one. We can’t support that. That needs to stop.”

Boudjellal also said O’Connor’s night in a Paris police cell could cost him his future at Toulon, saying his contract, set to end in July, will be his last.

“He has reopened the debate about his contract extension. We are not going to renew it,” Boudjellal told French newspaper Le Figaro. “We are going to try and manage this season. But I don’t want to overwhelm him.” The former Wallabies winger was reportedly charged with possession of the drug following his arrest in Paris over the weekend. According to AFP, he and former All Black Ali Williams, who faces the more serious charge of buying cocaine, were charged and later released from custody on Sunday. While Williams is due to appear in court at a later date, O’Connor can escape with a fine.

Boudjellal said the 26-year-old O’Connor would be suspended. “He is not going to escape without a suspension, of course,” he said. “After that we will make a decision. James has done something stupid and it’s difficult to defend him. I am going to talk about it with him. He’s a lad of 26-years-old. I’m not here to destroy him. But I’m not here to favour him, either.”

O’Connor had recently been attempting to negotiate a new contract with Toulon, but earlier this month claimed to be in talks with Australian Super Rugby teams. A return to Australia would put the former Western Force, Melbourne Rebels and Queensland Reds utility back in the Wallabies’ frame for the 2019 World Cup, but it seems like a long shot given his off-field indiscretions.

O’Connor played 44 Tests for Australia between 2008 and 2013, but had his contract torn up following a number of misdemeanours and headed for France. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... ulon-owner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZ_kbWCvTU

Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: French Rugby has Cocaine Problem - Boudjellal
Leinsterblue wrote:
French rugby has a cocaine problem, claims Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal
The Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal has suggested there is a cocaine problem in professional rugby in France in the wake of the arrests of his club’s full back James O’Connor and the Racing 92 second row Ali Williams.

“It’s only my opinion, but I have the impression that in certain clubs and among many players, coke is very popular,” Boudjellal told AFP. “We’ve had the alcohol stage, now we’re at another one. We can’t support that. That needs to stop.”

Boudjellal also said O’Connor’s night in a Paris police cell could cost him his future at Toulon, saying his contract, set to end in July, will be his last.

“He has reopened the debate about his contract extension. We are not going to renew it,” Boudjellal told French newspaper Le Figaro. “We are going to try and manage this season. But I don’t want to overwhelm him.” The former Wallabies winger was reportedly charged with possession of the drug following his arrest in Paris over the weekend. According to AFP, he and former All Black Ali Williams, who faces the more serious charge of buying cocaine, were charged and later released from custody on Sunday. While Williams is due to appear in court at a later date, O’Connor can escape with a fine.

Boudjellal said the 26-year-old O’Connor would be suspended. “He is not going to escape without a suspension, of course,” he said. “After that we will make a decision. James has done something stupid and it’s difficult to defend him. I am going to talk about it with him. He’s a lad of 26-years-old. I’m not here to destroy him. But I’m not here to favour him, either.”

O’Connor had recently been attempting to negotiate a new contract with Toulon, but earlier this month claimed to be in talks with Australian Super Rugby teams. A return to Australia would put the former Western Force, Melbourne Rebels and Queensland Reds utility back in the Wallabies’ frame for the 2019 World Cup, but it seems like a long shot given his off-field indiscretions.

O’Connor played 44 Tests for Australia between 2008 and 2013, but had his contract torn up following a number of misdemeanours and headed for France. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... ulon-owner

Boudjellal's Toulon has been targetted and has been the subject of full squad drug tests recently.

He wants to broaden the issue and use this example as does the Players UnionPresident who admits that it is prevalent.

Subject being didscussed here for some time and I will cut and paste this post there

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71965&p=3070113&sid=a7fa2a1dd6f244db22b88c1165449396#p3070113

Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:24 pm
World XV Player

sorry di'nt think of posting this in the SH section as its French rugby.... in what way has Toulon been targeted TP I haven't seen that stated anywhere, although with their recent signing of Ben Barba who has failed drug tests in RL perhaps they are driving attention to the team http://www.the42.ie/ben-barba-signs-for ... 0-Jan2017/ I would imagine that Racing 92 seem to have issues and require the most attention by testers at the moment no ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZ_kbWCvTU

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Anywhere that young professionals have money to spare, there is likely to be a prevelance of cocaine use ....Simple as

Obviously they would not cross the threshold to performance enhancing drugs :D :laughing1:

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Anywhere that young professionals have money to spare, there is likely to be a prevelance of cocaine use ....Simple as

Obviously they would not cross the threshold to performance enhancing drugs :D :laughing1:

:thumbup: ;)

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:18 pm