It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Injury levels ... 
World XV Player

Post Re: Injury levels ...
@Tony Panties: there are in fact two Ospreys wingers who are out injured long-term: Eli Walker (not seen since December 2016) and now Keelan Giles.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
@Tony Panties: there are in fact two Ospreys wingers who are out injured long-term: Eli Walker (not seen since December 2016) and now Keelan Giles.

I did refer to young promsing players, hence ....................giles

Thks :thumbup:

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 pm
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
The worst case I've seen was George North getting kicked in the head. Welcome to English rugby.

The second worst - potentially - was Shane Williams getting tackled by two Australians simultaneously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZorqMzWgAc&version=3&hl=en%5FGB&rel=0&showinfo=0

:thumbdown:

:shock: If that tackle on SW’s is the worst you’ve seen, you don’t watch much rugby.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Inevitable debate has followed the awful injury to 18 year old Ezeala which I consider +ve.

The players union has questioned why such a young inexperienced team was fielded and reponse has shown that they weren't just 'thrown in' but had been prepared for Top14 and were part of that squad in training etc. Whether the extent of the young players was sensible is a moot point but regs that insist on schedule and exceptional injury list did apply.

A better point, imo, raised has been whether top pro rugby should be restricted to a higher age group.

The 'accident' in point supports the issue? Both Ezeala and Vakatawa have the same 'size' ie about 1,87 and 95 kilos ... however the physique difference was huge ... Vakatawa was all muscle and force in comparison (see Blindside's point above) . The real issue was Ezeala got it wrong in the tackle but he would've been bounced anyway ... Vakatawa was set on it ...it's part of his game speed and power.

'Could or should an 18 year old play Top Rugby?'

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Article/Pe ... ans/865392

I think it’s a bit of an ott reaction talking about 18 being too young. In this instance the blokes positioning was pretty bad, nothing to do with age. There’s been heaps of 18 year olds playing pro rugby, be insane to stop them imho.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:10 pm
World XV Player

For many years now the trend has been to tackle high and hit them back as opposed to tackling around the legs and just bringing opponents down, it came from rugby league and they used to advertise that game as 'big hits in the big league'.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:24 pm
Regional Player

All tackles above the knees ought to be made illegal.

Trouble is it would increase the number of broken necks !!

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:10 pm
Profile E-mail