It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm

By passing the 
World XV Player

Post By passing the
The technology to by pass Cable etc and the expensive rentals seems to be on the increase

This reference is in french but technology keywords are easily understood.

Items like Fox TV seem to be effective etc

I use MyApl/MyTV etc to increase satellite cover in other rooms etc to avoid extra fees ...

What is the UK experience?

I'm sure some whizz kids on here will advise ...

'No need to pay Cable or Rental e? This 'technology' allows you to view the preferred channels free ...'

Ne plus jamais payer pour le câble ou les abonnements ? Cet appareil vous permet de regarder vos chaînes préférées gratuitement

http://lifegadgetz.com/gadgets/review/tv/fr/

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:31 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: By passing the
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://lifegadgetz.com/gadgets/review/tv/fr/

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:39 pm
World XV Player

I do not read French, so just guessing what it says. There is no way* you will get cable channels with an ariel. They come down a cable full stop.

Now on to * :D Lots of people use re-transmitters on their cable, if you are in a place to get it, and it is not encoded you may pick up someone's stray transmissions. You are better off finding what you want to watch on the net. I dont know enough about them cos I an tight and will not pay, but apparently the pay membership online services are good, but I cannot tell you anything about which is best etc.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

is this it? it says TV SCout on the pic

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

and another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgqIiWlOne8

I may have the wrong thing, but it seems the same as in the pic. If they are cheap, try one, but dont cancel your cable until you try it.

BTW, they say 'AIR' not cable.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:

I may have the wrong thing, but it seems the same as in the pic. If they are cheap, try one, but dont cancel your cable until you try it.

'They' say there is a legal obligation to transmit through the air as in the old days ...but they do at a different frequency, hence the need for a special Arial.

I haven't bought one because I wasn't sure if it was a scam or not.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
soap wrote:

'They' say there is a legal obligation to transmit through the air as in the old days ...but they do at a different frequency, hence the need for a special Arial.

As I say, I dont know enough about it, but cable is called cable because its, er, by cable :alien:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
soap wrote:

As I say, I dont know enough about it, but cable is called cable because its, er, by cable :alien:

My Grandfather used to call it piped TV. It was called Rediffusion and because of transmission blind spots in the valleys lots of people had it

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thks guys !

The response by users seems positive, ie it works, is legal and is cheaper...

However, I 'm a bit of a traditionalist in this respect but it is widely rumoured and ok.

Surely the current suppliers will 'treat' it ?

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:45 pm
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
soap wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
soap wrote:

My Grandfather used to call it piped TV. It was called Rediffusion and because of transmission blind spots in the valleys lots of people had it

Before it was radifusion it was called Barretts piping and owned by my uncle. I used to 'help out' (yeh, fetch tea) some week ends for pocket money.

Somewhere in the 80's it was bought out by metro, who went bust but still had the rights so noone else could cable the area, therefore no Virgin, Blue yonda etc until the new regs came in.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Thks guys !

The response by users seems positive, ie it works, is legal and is cheaper...

However, I 'm a bit of a traditionalist in this respect but it is widely rumoured and ok.

Surely the current suppliers will 'treat' it ?

As I said, What does it cost? if not much then worth a punt, but I would not burn bridges incase you have to pay another installation fee.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
soap wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
soap wrote:

Before it was radifusion it was called Barretts piping and owned by my uncle. I used to 'help out' (yeh, fetch tea) some week ends for pocket money.

Somewhere in the 80's it was bought out by metro, who went bust but still had the rights so noone else could cable the area, therefore no Virgin, Blue yonda etc until the new regs came in.

It was about the mid 80's that they started extra channels like Music Box, Sky 1 (pre Murdoch) a Film Channel plus a couple extra but not long after Satellite TV started and a lot of those who had cable moved to Satellite

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

This an US review that may prove a better insight?

http://best-hd-antenna.com/tvfox-antenna-review-2017/

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:17 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
This an US review that may prove a better insight?

http://best-hd-antenna.com/tvfox-antenna-review-2017/

But that seems to be saying it is a freeview/freesat receiver, not cable.

If you just want freeview I can recomend a Humax 4000T, I have had one for around a year and it 'does what it says on the box' but you do not get subscription channels

Same with Freesat. You use a freesat box and get all the free channels, but no paid channels. (I have heared there is a way to pay sky £25 and they 'free' your card to use the same box) but again no paid content.

For information. If you do get a freeview/sat box you can get tons of 'extra content' down your broadband, such as catch up or on demand.
IT is very good, but I reiterate, no paid channels. (unless you get netflix or similar)

BTW your sky dish gets 'signals from 32 thousand miles away. Your dish to the Astra, 16k Astra to darmstadt

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:04 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

You should read this Tony

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=239088

Thinking on things, if you do not live in UK you probably will not get freeview

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:11 am
Profile E-mail