It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:49 am

Green padlock 
World XV Player

Post Green padlock
Using Firefox I have some site addresses deemed unsafe (incl Scumv but I guess that's understandable Bouch et al :D ) because there's no padlock shown on address line.

I don't have the same problem on Mcsoft edge although I do have a common problem on trying to reference canalplus.fr on both browsers (no padlock deemed unsafe)

The canalplus site is a major site in france for all Canal + items including accounts and is renowned and huge clientele and popularity..

No warnings anywhere on internet.

Most suggest no https:// etc when added the pre addr removed and same prob ....

Canal+ site has black padlock with red line across which is flagged.

I've read various comments on the subject and can't believe that e.g Canalplus site is dodgy ... their whole product is TV and media related.

Any ideas?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:49 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Green padlock
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PS I have read the info such as this.

Canal+ say their site is secure?

Would someone jus ref site www.canalplus.fr and click 'sidentifier' and just enter any 1 character and see if padlock is present ...then just trash

Tks

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:30 pm
World XV Player

They've utterly screwed up their SSL certificates and are claiming one for the distributed content manager rather than the domain itself. In other words, the certificate is claiming its for a different domain name which means you're getting warnings.
Misconfiguration by the admins there.

Further to that and the main cause of the error - the certificate expired on the 21st August so either hasn't been renewed or they've failed to load the new one.

Fairly inexcusable these days not having SSL when even LetsEncrypt give the things away free.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

String wrote:
They've utterly screwed up their SSL certificates and are claiming one for the distributed content manager rather than the domain itself. In other words, the certificate is claiming its for a different domain name which means you're getting warnings.
Misconfiguration by the admins there.

Further to that and the main cause of the error - the certificate expired on the 21st August so either hasn't been renewed or they've failed to load the new one.

Fairly inexcusable these days not having SSL when even LetsEncrypt give the things away free.

I thought it was certificate related ...

Thks for info, appreciated.

Given that they are a prime media sight it is delinquent.

PS I get the same problem with Scumv :D

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:02 am
World XV Player

I've had trouble with firefox and changed to Chrome, the trouble has stopped.

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:46 pm
World XV Player

Interesting thread title ..

The phrase 'Green Padlock' comes over the crystal radio and tense eyes look and beret's are doffed ....

.. torches twinkle as a lysander lands.

:D

Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:22 am
Profile E-mail