It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Help youtube to dvd .. etc 
World XV Player

Post Help youtube to dvd .. etc
I'm on Windows 10
I have purchased a comprehensive copy/burn etc software NERO which is supposed to cover all aspects ...

http://www.nero.com/enu/?vlang=us

I am trying to copy a youtube video to a DVD and I'm buggered if I can find a way to do it!

Any advice gratefully received.

Thks in advance

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:01 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Help youtube to dvd .. etc
Tony Panties wrote:
I'm on Windows 10
I have purchased a comprehensive copy/burn etc software NERO which is supposed to cover all aspects ...

I am trying to copy a youtube video to a DVD and I'm buggered if I can find a way to do it!

Thks in advance

A free prog Moyea editor lite lets you edit it and save it as a flv. If you want to watch as mp4 or whatever Format Factory is also free.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
I'm on Windows 10

Thks in advance

A free prog Moyea editor lite lets you edit it and save it as a flv. If you want to watch as mp4 or whatever Format Factory is also free.

Thks, are they safe?

I looked at some freebies but they start up all sorts of other progs when you download, ....like Registry searches, repairs etc .... :angry4:

I was told that I could use Nero convert but couldn't get it to work.
This Nero software is supposed to be an impressive package for such things, have you heard of it?

Thks for advice.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:35 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Should have tried something like iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe (it's not free) It will download youtube clips then you can edit them and convert them to lots of different formats and them burn them. Don't know how much it costs as it was on my comp when it was given to me, but if I can use it it must be quite easy

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Should have tried something like iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe (it's not free) It will download youtube clips then you can edit them and convert them to lots of different formats and them burn them. Don't know how much it costs as it was on my comp when it was given to me, but if I can use it it must be quite easy

I'll have a look.
Thks!

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:39 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
soap wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
I'm on Windows 10

Thks in advance

Thks, are they safe?

I looked at some freebies but they start up all sorts of other progs when you download, ....like Registry searches, repairs etc .... :angry4:

I was told that I could use Nero convert but couldn't get it to work.
This Nero software is supposed to be an impressive package for such things, have you heard of it?

Thks for advice.

I have used both for a few years, but I dont recall the site I downloaded them from. You can download the file in Linux live then copy it over if you are unsure.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Sorry to be late in reply and thks for input ;)

Apparently there's been some problems with previous software on this subject that is incompatable with Windows 10 that deals with file transfer and formats in a different way (I didnt research the detail but it was cited on search as a relevant problem)

My grandson converted the original you tube address to mp4 format and sent me the dvd with the converted version.
(he didnt have a version software to go further because of the Windows 10 problems with his current version)

That caused another bloody problem because he had incorporated the file with another dvd version of a happy mothers day video that he had created 7 years ago.

The mp4 version worked well on computer but an attempt to run it on the TV (wife wanted Jonas Kauffman in close up in the Othello Opera :D ) only played the happy mothers day production.

Took me some time to isolate the mp4 file with a prime index on another disk file but the mothers day remnant presence still vaused some probs.

Tried various feebies but all failed or wanted payment for more extensive 'effort'

I decided to get to grips with the reputed all sining all dancing Nero Platinum 2017 multi purpose file manipulation/burning software that I had bought.

All singing all dancing maybe but it is accompanied by an excyclopedia of an instruction manual.

Initial attempts failed. Progress ....got a version on TV but audio only.

Got another ....fast speed version....and another but microscopic ...

Finally after most of yesterday afternoon and evening tried again...looked good but couldn't progress beyond the first full page ...

23:15 ...bugger it off tobed ....en route...thought I'd just try it again on another TV video in another room!

Worked perfectly !, :angry4:

I have a complex set up on the main hub, ....2 satellite boxes each with own hard disk converge via dvd read/writebox, wifi, a standard attenna option and connected to other TVs in other rooms with various connections also using Apple connect ....for ipads etc .etc

Bloody foolish of me not to try it on a simple TV/DVD option.

Wife insisted on a DVD option to include in her collection.

Gained some smarty points but now set the task by her to get it working on the complex set up because the tv scren there is the biggest :angry4:

I could, of course, buy a bigger screen tv for the simple set up.....think that's the better option!

I'm also left woth the residue problem of multiple queues of redundundant files awaiting some type of treatment by Nero.

No apologies for this sorry tale, ?...if anybody has bothered to read it you are probably feeling like I did yesterday.

There is, however, an option...the wife can lock herself away elsewhere with earphones .....and I can watch the last round of the Open in peace and quiet accompanied by a fine wine today :D

Tongue in cheek eh^^^^^^

---------------

Seriously though the whole aspect is a bloody zoo... :angry4:

I am computer aware but this x times removed aspect from the direct control is frustrating to say the least.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:26 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Sorry to be late in reply and thks for input ;)

Apparently there's been some problems with previous software on this subject that is incompatable with Windows 10 that deals with file transfer and formats in a different way (I didnt research the detail but it was cited on search as a relevant problem)

My grandson converted the original you tube address to mp4 format and sent me the dvd with the converted version.
(he didnt have a version software to go further because of the Windows 10 problems with his current version)

That caused another bloody problem because he had incorporated the file with another dvd version of a happy mothers day video that he had created 7 years ago.

The mp4 version worked well on computer but an attempt to run it on the TV (wife wanted Jonas Kauffman in close up in the Othello Opera :D ) only played the happy mothers day production.

Took me some time to isolate the mp4 file with a prime index on another disk file but the mothers day remnant presence still vaused some probs.

Tried various feebies but all failed or wanted payment for more extensive 'effort'

I decided to get to grips with the reputed all sining all dancing Nero Platinum 2017 multi purpose file manipulation/burning software that I had bought.

All singing all dancing maybe but it is accompanied by an excyclopedia of an instruction manual.

Initial attempts failed. Progress ....got a version on TV but audio only.

Got another ....fast speed version....and another but microscopic ...

Finally after most of yesterday afternoon and evening tried again...looked good but couldn't progress beyond the first full page ...

23:15 ...bugger it off tobed ....en route...thought I'd just try it again on another TV video in another room!

Worked perfectly !, :angry4:

I have a complex set up on the main hub, ....2 satellite boxes each with own hard disk converge via dvd read/writebox, wifi, a standard attenna option and connected to other TVs in other rooms with various connections also using Apple connect ....for ipads etc .etc

Bloody foolish of me not to try it on a simple TV/DVD option.

Wife insisted on a DVD option to include in her collection.

Gained some smarty points but now set the task by her to get it working on the complex set up because the tv scren there is the biggest :angry4:

I could, of course, buy a bigger screen tv for the simple set up.....think that's the better option!

I'm also left woth the residue problem of multiple queues of redundundant files awaiting some type of treatment by Nero.

No apologies for this sorry tale, ?...if anybody has bothered to read it you are probably feeling like I did yesterday.

There is, however, an option...the wife can lock herself away elsewhere with earphones .....and I can watch the last round of the Open in peace and quiet accompanied by a fine wine today :D

Tongue in cheek eh^^^^^^

---------------

Seriously though the whole aspect is a bloody zoo... :angry4:

I am computer aware but this x times removed aspect from the direct control is frustrating to say the least.

freebies ... not being pedantic like :D :cheers: :D

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:51 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Does your TV have a usb input on the side?
Either put it on a stick, and stick directly to TV, or DVD player to usb

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:23 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
freebies ... not being pedantic like :D :cheers: :D

Read it again ;) there are multiple mistakes not jus one, as usual with me!
I don't get on with ipad touchscreens (when I'm not on the laptop).
...and that's an excuse too 'cos my spelling is awwfuul but I've learned to live with it.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:17 pm
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Does your TV have a usb input on the side?
Either put it on a stick, and stick directly to TV, or DVD player to usb

Soap,

Yes I do and thanks, I will.

However, her indoors likes the DVD to put in the rack with her collection.

As you can see I'm very henpecked ;)

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:21 pm