It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Windows 10 and VPN Problem 
World XV Player

Post Windows 10 and VPN Problem
I'm after a bit of help as I can't find anything to help solve the problem after googling away.

I've got a VPN set up to work from home and access our server in work. Trouble is that the VPN server 'forgets' to start the RRAS service every couple of days and the incoming connections logo on the network connections disappears, and it can't be accessed.

Obviously I've changed for the RRAS service to start automatically, and for a couple of days it will work and then one day it won't.

Any advice or ideas gratefully received.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Post Re: Windows 10 and VPN Problem
Dont really follow you here, but can you not run a batchfile either from your bootloader (Grub2?) or from your windows startup programs?

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Basically the VPN connection on the server side (the log in details for remote interent access) doesnt always show up when you start the computer, and it's the 'Routing and REmote Access Service' or RRAS that doesn't start even though it's set to run automatically.

Will probably be going down the bat file on startup route, although in theory it's something we shouldn't have to do and it irks a bit.

Bloody free software!!!

Thanks anyway Soap.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:03 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Dont know if this helps or confuses it more

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-8960-help-batch-file-needed-for-router-ip

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:06 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

What type of VPN is it?
We had an issue with the (utterly terrible) Cisco Anyconnect client in work that eventually had to get around it by writing an event trigger in task scheduler to auto run the connect program when it detected the internet up event.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:20 pm
Profile WWW