It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:04 pm

lap top 
World XV Player

Post lap top
Hi, I have a Toshiba lap top, my problem is while using my lap top it just goes off black screen, I have pressed the power button for 30 sec then for a min it comes back on but then goes off again after a while any thoughts would be appreciated. :thumbup:

Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:13 am
World XV Player

Post Re: lap top
I had a problem a year or three back with, oddly enough, a Toshiba satellite lap top, it was one of the connections inside had come lose, so when you moved the laptop the connection would break and the computer would go off, although it was perfectly fine if it was sat on the desk.

Fortunately it was in warranty as apparently it's a massive diagnostic effort to track down where the connection is

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:07 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

what I forgot to say is that if the charger is plugged in its fine but I realise I have a problem so it needs to be sorted thought I would try here before I took it some where to be fixed

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:10 pm
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
what I forgot to say is that if the charger is plugged in its fine but I realise I have a problem so it needs to be sorted thought I would try here before I took it some where to be fixed

If it's working okay on mains power, seems to suggest the problem is with the battery. I had one of these a while back, same thing happened. Battery just totally died, but it was fine on mains power.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Check your power settings in windows. Is it set to go to sleep in very short time? Also, does it show you how much battery charge is held.
IE on mains, 95% and Charging bottom right of screen

For the cost of a battery on eBay, you just as well try that first anyway. £20 odd for a battery v £30 to look at it and tell you you need one at their price.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

yep, battery thanks for that boys.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:27 am
World XV Player

Check your power settings in windows. In particlar sleep and suspend when on battery.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:31 pm
Profile WWW