It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Why hasn't an email arrived 
World XV Player

Post Why hasn't an email arrived
Anyone got any advice?

Someone has sent me an email, and it hasn't arrived. The reason I know this is because someone else on the distribution list replied to the email and copied me in - and I received this reply. But not the original email.

I checked the address on the original email, and its correct. Any ideas - Might it be a case of its just slow getting to me and will turn up shortly??

Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:46 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
ICEverything wrote:
Anyone got any advice?

Someone has sent me an email, and it hasn't arrived. The reason I know this is because someone else on the distribution list replied to the email and copied me in - and I received this reply. But not the original email.

I checked the address on the original email, and its correct. Any ideas - Might it be a case of its just slow getting to me and will turn up shortly??

Might turn up later, but its unlikely. Emails do get lost sometimes enroute.

Check your spam/junk mail inbox

Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:51 pm
World XV Player

Cheers CL.

This one came from Welsh Government, so its a bit worrying if they get lost. I'm starting to get paranoid. :shock:

Nothing in my spam box. I guess I'll just have to wait and ring the guy up tomorrow. Any point contav=cting TalkTalk?

Thanks,

Rob

Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:23 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Cheers CL.

This one came from Welsh Government, so its a bit worrying if they get lost. I'm starting to get paranoid. :shock:

Nothing in my spam box. I guess I'll just have to wait and ring the guy up tomorrow. Any point contav=cting TalkTalk?

Thanks,

Rob

It could have got lost from the outbound server because it fell foul of anti-spamming software, at your inbound server for the same reason, anywhere. I doubt your ISP will be able to help in the individual instance. Get the guy to send it again to both the original email and an alternative email address. If it fails again, but arrives at the new address (use one not tied to your ISP like hotmail or Gmail or Yahoo), then you know it is something your ISP might be able to fix.

Also ask the sender if he got a failed delivery notice.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:32 pm
World XV Player

CarmarthenLad wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Cheers CL.

Thanks,

Rob

It could have got lost from the outbound server because it fell foul of anti-spamming software, at your inbound server for the same reason, anywhere. I doubt your ISP will be able to help in the individual instance. Get the guy to send it again to both the original email and an alternative email address. If it fails again, but arrives at the new address (use one not tied to your ISP like hotmail or Gmail or Yahoo), then you know it is something your ISP might be able to fix.

Will do. Have to wait till the morning now. :thumbup:

I've had plenty of emails form this person before - very strange - I'll let you know how I get on.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:47 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
CarmarthenLad wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Cheers CL.

Thanks,

Rob

I've had plenty of emails form this person before - very strange - I'll let you know how I get on.

Could be that a particular combination of letters has triggered either an inbound or an outbound filter, or the inbound mailhost may have been unreachable momentarily and so your email got bounced.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:50 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
CarmarthenLad wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Cheers CL.

Thanks,

Rob

You really don't have to :D

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:24 pm
World XV Player

But I insist. One gentlemanly deed deserves another. This section is clearly the polite section of the forum. 8)

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:25 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
But I insist. One gentlemanly deed deserves another. This section is clearly the polite section of the forum. 8)

Being Rogered is a gentlemanly deed, now would you say that was polite :twisted: :D

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:30 pm
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Being Rogered is a gentlemanly deed, now would you say that was polite :twisted: :D

Oooof, depends which team your batting for.

Hey, keith, get off my *fupping* thread will you. :thefinger:

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:41 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Keith L wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Oooof, depends which team your batting for.

Hey, keith, get off my *fupping* thread will you. :thefinger:

I'm out :thefinger:

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:07 pm
Site Admin

ICEverything wrote:
Anyone got any advice?

Globally, only 81% of mail send arrives at the receiving address.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Anyone got any advice?

Globally, only 81% of mail send arrives at the receiving address.

Is that email or snailmail?

Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:22 pm
Site Admin

Email is sluggish it seems.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

News update - my missing email is still missing. :thumbdown:

Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:46 pm