It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:59 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Why hasn't an email arrived 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 34931
Post Why hasn't an email arrived
Anyone got any advice?

Someone has sent me an email, and it hasn't arrived. The reason I know this is because someone else on the distribution list replied to the email and copied me in - and I received this reply. But not the original email.

I checked the address on the original email, and its correct. Any ideas - Might it be a case of its just slow getting to me and will turn up shortly??

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:46 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 pm
Posts: 11374
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
ICEverything wrote:
Anyone got any advice?

Someone has sent me an email, and it hasn't arrived. The reason I know this is because someone else on the distribution list replied to the email and copied me in - and I received this reply. But not the original email.

I checked the address on the original email, and its correct. Any ideas - Might it be a case of its just slow getting to me and will turn up shortly??


Might turn up later, but its unlikely. Emails do get lost sometimes enroute.

Check your spam/junk mail inbox


Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:51 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 34931
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
Cheers CL.

This one came from Welsh Government, so its a bit worrying if they get lost. I'm starting to get paranoid. :shock:

Nothing in my spam box. I guess I'll just have to wait and ring the guy up tomorrow. Any point contav=cting TalkTalk?

Thanks,

Rob

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:23 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 pm
Posts: 11374
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
ICEverything wrote:
Cheers CL.

This one came from Welsh Government, so its a bit worrying if they get lost. I'm starting to get paranoid. :shock:

Nothing in my spam box. I guess I'll just have to wait and ring the guy up tomorrow. Any point contav=cting TalkTalk?

Thanks,

Rob


It could have got lost from the outbound server because it fell foul of anti-spamming software, at your inbound server for the same reason, anywhere. I doubt your ISP will be able to help in the individual instance. Get the guy to send it again to both the original email and an alternative email address. If it fails again, but arrives at the new address (use one not tied to your ISP like hotmail or Gmail or Yahoo), then you know it is something your ISP might be able to fix.

Also ask the sender if he got a failed delivery notice.


Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:32 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 34931
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
CarmarthenLad wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Cheers CL.

This one came from Welsh Government, so its a bit worrying if they get lost. I'm starting to get paranoid. :shock:

Nothing in my spam box. I guess I'll just have to wait and ring the guy up tomorrow. Any point contav=cting TalkTalk?

Thanks,

Rob


It could have got lost from the outbound server because it fell foul of anti-spamming software, at your inbound server for the same reason, anywhere. I doubt your ISP will be able to help in the individual instance. Get the guy to send it again to both the original email and an alternative email address. If it fails again, but arrives at the new address (use one not tied to your ISP like hotmail or Gmail or Yahoo), then you know it is something your ISP might be able to fix.

Also ask the sender if he got a failed delivery notice.
Will do. Have to wait till the morning now. :thumbup:

I've had plenty of emails form this person before - very strange - I'll let you know how I get on.

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:47 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 pm
Posts: 11374
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
ICEverything wrote:
CarmarthenLad wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Cheers CL.

This one came from Welsh Government, so its a bit worrying if they get lost. I'm starting to get paranoid. :shock:

Nothing in my spam box. I guess I'll just have to wait and ring the guy up tomorrow. Any point contav=cting TalkTalk?

Thanks,

Rob


It could have got lost from the outbound server because it fell foul of anti-spamming software, at your inbound server for the same reason, anywhere. I doubt your ISP will be able to help in the individual instance. Get the guy to send it again to both the original email and an alternative email address. If it fails again, but arrives at the new address (use one not tied to your ISP like hotmail or Gmail or Yahoo), then you know it is something your ISP might be able to fix.

Also ask the sender if he got a failed delivery notice.
Will do. Have to wait till the morning now. :thumbup:

I've had plenty of emails form this person before - very strange - I'll let you know how I get on.


Could be that a particular combination of letters has triggered either an inbound or an outbound filter, or the inbound mailhost may have been unreachable momentarily and so your email got bounced.


Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:50 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30769
Location: Somewhere nice
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
ICEverything wrote:
CarmarthenLad wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Cheers CL.

This one came from Welsh Government, so its a bit worrying if they get lost. I'm starting to get paranoid. :shock:

Nothing in my spam box. I guess I'll just have to wait and ring the guy up tomorrow. Any point contav=cting TalkTalk?

Thanks,

Rob


It could have got lost from the outbound server because it fell foul of anti-spamming software, at your inbound server for the same reason, anywhere. I doubt your ISP will be able to help in the individual instance. Get the guy to send it again to both the original email and an alternative email address. If it fails again, but arrives at the new address (use one not tied to your ISP like hotmail or Gmail or Yahoo), then you know it is something your ISP might be able to fix.

Also ask the sender if he got a failed delivery notice.
Will do. Have to wait till the morning now. :thumbup:

I've had plenty of emails form this person before - very strange - I'll let you know how I get on.

You really don't have to :D


Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:24 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 34931
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
But I insist. One gentlemanly deed deserves another. This section is clearly the polite section of the forum. 8)

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:25 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30769
Location: Somewhere nice
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
ICEverything wrote:
But I insist. One gentlemanly deed deserves another. This section is clearly the polite section of the forum. 8)


Being Rogered is a gentlemanly deed, now would you say that was polite :twisted: :D


Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:30 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 34931
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
Keith L wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
But I insist. One gentlemanly deed deserves another. This section is clearly the polite section of the forum. 8)


Being Rogered is a gentlemanly deed, now would you say that was polite :twisted: :D

Oooof, depends which team your batting for.

Hey, keith, get off my *fupping* thread will you. :thefinger:

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:41 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30769
Location: Somewhere nice
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
ICEverything wrote:
Keith L wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
But I insist. One gentlemanly deed deserves another. This section is clearly the polite section of the forum. 8)


Being Rogered is a gentlemanly deed, now would you say that was polite :twisted: :D

Oooof, depends which team your batting for.

Hey, keith, get off my *fupping* thread will you. :thefinger:


I'm out :thefinger:


Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:07 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 pm
Posts: 30051
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
ICEverything wrote:
Anyone got any advice?

Someone has sent me an email, and it hasn't arrived. The reason I know this is because someone else on the distribution list replied to the email and copied me in - and I received this reply. But not the original email.

I checked the address on the original email, and its correct. Any ideas - Might it be a case of its just slow getting to me and will turn up shortly??
Globally, only 81% of mail send arrives at the receiving address.

_________________
You cannot enslave my mind, therefore I will always be a free man.
I can count my true friends on the hairs on the palms of my hands.


Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 34931
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
Thegrimriper wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Anyone got any advice?

Someone has sent me an email, and it hasn't arrived. The reason I know this is because someone else on the distribution list replied to the email and copied me in - and I received this reply. But not the original email.

I checked the address on the original email, and its correct. Any ideas - Might it be a case of its just slow getting to me and will turn up shortly??
Globally, only 81% of mail send arrives at the receiving address.

Is that email or snailmail?

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:22 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 pm
Posts: 30051
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
Email is sluggish it seems.

_________________
You cannot enslave my mind, therefore I will always be a free man.
I can count my true friends on the hairs on the palms of my hands.


Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 34931
Post Re: Why hasn't an email arrived
News update - my missing email is still missing. :thumbdown:

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:46 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: