It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:02 am

Best free downloads 
World XV Player

Post Re: Best free downloads
I have recently started using this http://www.revouninstaller.com/
It is an uninstaller which completely uninstalls unwanted programmes without having to chase through the registry, it also has a handy built in .tmp file deleting tool.

the best free download i have had this year has to be Windows 7, Vista now looks like the beta version.

Glad I added a Vista MCP string to my bow :banghead:

Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:22 am
World XV Player

Post Re:
Swanseacrackerjack wrote:
G Morgan wrote:
Anti-phishing is basically common sense in any case. As long as you don't go randomly giving out credit card or personal details it isn't needed. Treat any request on the internet as you would in real life and it should never be a problem.

For some reason though people detach a random stranger on the street asking for your credit card from a random website asking the same.

In any case IE7 has it now and FF3 will have it when it decides to grace us with its presence at some point this year.

All it was,I recieved an email informing me that as I had made a cash transfer online ,they needed confirmation of my involvement as they were checking on such transfers.
As I hadn`t made any such transfer I did not click on the link but went to my branch to check. They told me they had not sent me an email.
If I had made a transfer, I might have been inclined to click the link.

Any e-mail asking you to click on a link regarding anything cash related place straight in spam...END OF

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:25 am
World XV Player

Post Re:
texan wrote:
Useful site worth a look at

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46 ... lities.htm

Cracking site that mate? Downloaded and installed (I have Vista HP, 64-bit) Comodo Firewall? By far, the most secure firewall I have EVER used!! Used to use Freeby AV's (Like Avast etc) but finally, went with Microsoft Security Essentials (another Freeby) and I tells ya what? The combination of the Microsoft package and Comodo firewall is by FAR, the best I have ever used!! I chucked-out Symantec/Norton despite having paid for it and prior to installing the package, I tried BitDefender Free Edition!! Talk about a program taking over!! Absolutely MASSIVE and DAILY updates, meant my PC was effectively unusable for up to 3-4 hours at a time!! Getting it out and uninstalled, was equally a nightmare (Despite I have Revo Uninstaller Pro!!) I still find bits of it (and Norton!!) every so often and when I come across them, I just delete the folders/files completely!!

Unless something drastic happens, I am more than happy with what I have TBH!!

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:31 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Re:
daiatlas wrote:

Any e-mail asking you to click on a link regarding anything cash related place straight in spam...END OF

Tell you what though, I had a mail from a bloke in Malta, got a bit of family problems? Dunno where he got my email from but he has over $11million stuck in a stupid bank in Syria that will only let a British citizen transfer it out? Can't believe it (but got it in writing) that if I pay the bank charges, he will transfer it to my bank and we will go half on it!! Yooooo hooooooo!! Gonna retire a month from now!!

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:24 am