http://www.theboatrace.org/

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Site Admin

Same two *bar stewards* in the final again :(

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

On Radio 4 this morning (some "Review the Sunday Papers" programme I think it was) they had light blue and dark blue paint drying on the wall. They reckoned light blue was just a bit ahead by the end of the programme....... :D :lol:

Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:18 pm
World XV Player

My sister went to Kings and Tom ex-boyfriend rowed for Magdalene,so I've always support Cambs Blues.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:42 pm
World XV Player

Enjoy watching the race each year, but don't like the principle of it.

Did these guys really get into Uni via good A level grades? Or cause they are Olympic standard rowers.

Its a bit like the College sports system in the states, how many NBA and NFL stars have got "degrees" from Uni. Too many is the answer.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:22 pm
World XV Player

cant stand the boat race. i love rowing though. just hate oxbridge so cant stand watch as one of those 2 teams always win.

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:02 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Did these guys really get into Uni via good A level grades? Or cause they are Olympic standard rowers.

Its a bit like the College sports system in the states, how many NBA and NFL stars have got "degrees" from Uni. Too many is the answer.

Oh come on Stu those big German lads have Cambridge student written all over them :roll: :lol:

Just imagine if they did fill the boats with a bunch of upper class English Rupert's and Tim nice but dims though, now that would be funny :D

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:34 pm
Site Admin

My sister went to Kings and Tom ex-boyfriend rowed for Magdalene,so I've always support Cambs Blues.

I've always wanted Oxford to win, I don't know why! Always have done.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:07 am
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

stujones1 wrote:

Oh come on Stu those big German lads have Cambridge student written all over them :roll: :lol:

Just imagine if they did fill the boats with a bunch of upper class English Rupert's and Tim nice but dims though, now that would be funny :D

I think you have just invented the ultimate sport, put a load of upper class English public schoolboys in a boat then get the Germans to sink them :twisted:

Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Living in england wrote:
stujones1 wrote:

I think you have just invented the ultimate sport, put a load of upper class English public schoolboys in a boat then get the Germans to sink them :twisted:

WHY THE GERMANS WHY NOT US WELSH OR EVEN THE SCOTS THE IRISH AND EVERYBODY ELSE

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I just thought the Germans had the most experience of this sort of thing

Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I just thought the Germans had the most experience of this sort of thing
:lol: :lol:

Gwyn A. Williams,

Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:23 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Living in england wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one

Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:14 pm