It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:07 am

First Gold 
World XV Player

and now we have a third gold david Phelps in the in mens 50m rifle prone.

well done.

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:17 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

3 out of our 4 boxers in the semis lost only evens left to fight. so 3 more bronzes to the total

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:55 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

silver in the womens high jump Julie Crane.

Crane silver a slim consolation

Crane feels she was denied a chance of gold
Julie Crane's surprise silver medal for Wales at the high jump left her with mixed emotions as the 29-year-old felt she was denied a shot at gold.
She had cleared 1.88m and wanted a third attempt at 1.91m, but she broke the line of the bar as she pulled out of her initial attempt on the run-up.

"I protested at the time, but they wouldn't let me try again, it's really disappointing," said Crane.

South Africa's Anika Smith equalled her personal best of 1.91m to win gold.

The 19-year-old strung together an almost perfect sequence of jumps, failing just once on her first attempt at the winning height.

I feel I could have been in with a shout at gold

Julie Crane

That meant she was also ahead of Crane on countback, while Jamaica's Karen Beautle, won bronze.

Bautle was one of six competitors to go out of the competition at 1.88m but was awarded third place on countback.

"I have to be happy with silver, it's good to get another medal for Wales and my family and friends will be proud," said Nottingham-born Crane.

"It's disappointing because I didn't jump as high as I would have liked and the winning height was only one up.

"I feel I could have been in with a shout at gold."

Susan Moncrieff, of England, finished in sixth place, three places ahead of compatriot Julia Bennett.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I see that Rhys Williams came 4th in the 400m hurdles. A decent result for son of JJ one might say until you see the winner ran a second quicker and is the same age as young Rhys! :roll:

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:41 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

silver in the womens high jump Julie Crane.

Crane silver a slim consolation

Crane feels she was denied a chance of gold
Julie Crane's surprise silver medal for Wales at the high jump left her with mixed emotions as the 29-year-old felt she was denied a shot at gold.
She had cleared 1.88m and wanted a third attempt at 1.91m, but she broke the line of the bar as she pulled out of her initial attempt on the run-up.

"I protested at the time, but they wouldn't let me try again, it's really disappointing," said Crane.

South Africa's Anika Smith equalled her personal best of 1.91m to win gold.

The 19-year-old strung together an almost perfect sequence of jumps, failing just once on her first attempt at the winning height.

I feel I could have been in with a shout at gold

Julie Crane

That meant she was also ahead of Crane on countback, while Jamaica's Karen Beautle, won bronze.

Bautle was one of six competitors to go out of the competition at 1.88m but was awarded third place on countback.

"I have to be happy with silver, it's good to get another medal for Wales and my family and friends will be proud," said Nottingham-born Crane.

"It's disappointing because I didn't jump as high as I would have liked and the winning height was only one up.

"I feel I could have been in with a shout at gold."

Susan Moncrieff, of England, finished in sixth place, three places ahead of compatriot Julia Bennett.

She's assuming that she would have cleared on her 3rd attempt - but having failed twice before the odds would appear to indicate that would not have happened. Still a bloody good result for the lass

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:42 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

3 out of our 4 boxers in the semis lost only evens left to fight. so 3 more bronzes to the total

Evans into the final for a guaranteed silver

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:43 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Regarding Crane...rules are rules. Why does she expect dispensation? Its unfortunate, but her own fault.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:13 am
World XV Player

two more silvers in the men and womens singles of lawn bowls

Gwyn A. Williams,

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:50 am
Profile E-mail