It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 8:38 pm

F1 
World XV Player

Post F1
i really love the new F1 qualify system 2 15 min knockout rounds if you dont make the time your out. ralf shu and rikoanin both out in 1st 15 mins secon 15 mins coulthad truli villneve all out in second now theres a 20 min pole shoot out with the cars on race fuel. hopefully the racing is better as well as it's been boring for years beacuse of micheal (not his fault however)

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It was better than the races from recently :lol:

Not sure about the last stint, it is an anticlimax after the first 2.
I can see the reasoning behind it, there are cars on track for people ( and TV ) to watch, but it is a little pointless to just ?burn fuel?

They are going to leave the banzi until the cars are light and the track is clean and laid up, so they are literally wasting fuel and putting miles on an engine they will need next week. I think it should be reduced to 15 or even 10 min. the teams will (or have) come up with a map that will use far less than 2.75k per lap and it will become a fuel saver for the race start.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:04 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Thank God they can change the tyres this year!

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:05 am
World XV Player

Thank God they can change the tyres this year!

it makes the race more interesting.

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:44 am
Profile E-mail
REF

I can see the reasoning behind it, there are cars on track for people ( and TV ) to watch, but it is a little pointless to just ?burn fuel?

They are going to leave the banzi until the cars are light and the track is clean and laid up, so they are literally wasting fuel and putting miles on an engine they will need next week. I think it should be reduced to 15 or even 10 min. the teams will (or have) come up with a map that will use far less than 2.75k per lap and it will become a fuel saver for the race start.

Doesn't work like that though - if the lap times fall behind a certain percentage of the best time set then they don't get any fuel back for that lap - to combat people running low speed laps to conserve fuel.

The whole thing proved good for the race. Webber better look out 'cos Rosberg looks *fupping* good and set the quickest lap time too - shame he knocked off his nose in the first corner. Can't wait for the next race.

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:50 am
World XV Player

MobyDuck wrote:

Doesn't work like that though - if the lap times fall behind a certain percentage of the best time set then they don't get any fuel back for that lap - to combat people running low speed laps to conserve fuel.

The whole thing proved good for the race. Webber better look out 'cos Rosberg looks *fupping* good and set the quickest lap time too - shame he knocked off his nose in the first corner. Can't wait for the next race.

Still seems like an 'empty' 10 min slice of the hour.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:07 pm
Profile E-mail
REF

Jase wrote:
MobyDuck wrote:

Still seems like an 'empty' 10 min slice of the hour.

I know what you mean, but unless they let 'em refuel after quali (which means the race is less exciting) there isn't really another way to do ti. It does seem pointless though, because despite being able to set a good lap with fuel on board they really need a decent set of tryres to have a go at it.

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:56 pm
World XV Player

Just give 10 min to do a best lap. They can either run fat and start on good fuel or run on low fuel, and need to stop sooner during the race. This would give the cars that did not make the cut a fuel advantage and allow them to catch up by lap 8 ? 14 as they will not need to fuel so soon. The trade off between position and fist stop will mean better racing this year as the regs make them use a centreline defuser which cleans up the airstreams behind the car, and, unlike previous years, allow overtaking into corners by lighter cars.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

good anythink to make it exciting again. i use to love F1 but then it became to boring.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:55 am
Profile E-mail
REF

Personally I'd go back to the old form of qualifying and let 'em refuel before the race like they used to. It's only a boring system when there's one manufacturer way ahead of the others and I reckon there's probably 4 on a similar footing this year - which means traditional ability based grids would not be boring.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:31 pm
World XV Player

Personally I'd go back to the old form of qualifying and let 'em refuel before the race like they used to. It's only a boring system when there's one manufacturer way ahead of the others and I reckon there's probably 4 on a similar footing this year - which means traditional ability based grids would not be boring.

But that would probably mean just one pit stop, I like pit stops

This way also gives the cars in 10- 15 an advantage and I?m sure we will see some of the middle runners on the podium this season

Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:38 pm
Profile E-mail
REF

Jase wrote:

This way also gives the cars in 10- 15 an advantage and I?m sure we will see some of the middle runners on the podium this season

I reckon once we're halfway through the season they'll have figured out all the loopholes of the new season and only a wet session will shake things up (and it did that anyway). When I said a return to old style qualifying I meant with fuel changes as well as pitting for tyres. When they were doing that before they would stop 2-3 times for tyres (sometimes 4 on extreme strategies) except in Monaco where they will still only stop once as overtaking is so bloody hard - might be the same in Imola too, as it's not an interesting track.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:48 pm
World XV Player

MobyDuck wrote:
Jase wrote:

I reckon once we're halfway through the season they'll have figured out all the loopholes of the new season and only a wet session will shake things up (and it did that anyway). When I said a return to old style qualifying I meant with fuel changes as well as pitting for tyres. When they were doing that before they would stop 2-3 times for tyres (sometimes 4 on extreme strategies) except in Monaco where they will still only stop once as overtaking is so bloody hard - might be the same in Imola too, as it's not an interesting track.

I did'nt think of monaco 'till you said. 24 cars out at the same time and no limit!!!! like the old days :lol:

Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Location: Drinking various ales here in Caredff and Otley's up Trefforest - Stuart Davies says TASTY!!!
Unless Schumy is on course for title number 8.

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:10 am
Profile E-mail WWW