It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:12 am

Scots beat us at cricket 
International Player

Post Scots beat us at cricket
Our national cricket team was humbled by Scotland on the weekend.
A disappointing day for everyone who's a fan of the England and Wales cricket team.
Do our players have enough pride in the three lions emblem on their shirts. Our three lions are the Royal Arms of England so our lads have let our monarch down also.
However we do get the last laugh because we've organized the cricket world cup so Scotland doesn't take part. Ha ha that will teach those Jock upstarts.
Three lions on my chest forever.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Post Re: Scots beat us at cricket
The Jock cricket team even has the audacity not to have a badge on their shirt based on the Prince of Scotland's (Prince Charles)arms. Lion rampant and twin ships not good enough for them.
They have a blydi thistle. Pathetic and small minded. Know your place Scots, bearing the Prince of Wales' (also Prince Charles) three white ostrich feathers on our rugby shirt are an honour for us.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:21 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Aye they murdered the opposition by 6 runs in a thousand or so ….

;)

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:15 pm
World XV Player

Funny how, when they lose it's the England and Wales Cricket Board, but when they win it's the English cricket team

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:46 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Funny how, when they lose it's the England and Wales Cricket Board, but when they win it's the English cricket team

I think you'll find that win lose or draw, 99.99% of the occasions the team is referred to, it's referred to as England.
100% of the time nothing on the player's kit leads anyone to think that the team is doing anything other than representing England.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:08 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Bouch wrote:
Aye they murdered the opposition by 6 runs in a thousand or so ….

;)

Exactly. Hang on and keep riding those coat tails. Glory will be ours if England win the cricket world cup.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Big and Dull, that comment brought back memories of the past when Field Marshall Montgomery narrated a programme on B B C T V .
His favourite comments, made several times per episode were " I advanced, and we retreated " .

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:57 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Some extracts from a letter sent by Keith Jones to the South Wales Echo last week

"Wales cricket team would be ‘disaster’"
".. I can think of nothing that would be more disastrous for the sport in Wales."
" Wales would no longer be part of the England and Wales Cricket Board, resulting in England [shouldn't that be England and Wales Keith] internationals no longer being played in Sophia Gardens in Cardiff."
Then Keith gets down to what really bugs him.
On a wider point, in society Welsh people who proudly speak English [but every Welsh person speaks English! Perhaps Keith means that he's proud that he's a Welsh person that can only speak English].and identify with the United Kingdom are no less passionate Welsh people. Unless Keith is over endowed with the capacity for passion logically he's pointing out that the passion he's got is split between the UK and Cymru.

"I have experienced negative comments before for wearing an England [come on Keith it's England and Wales]cricket shirt in Cardiff, my home city,.."
Pride in our country [that pride doesn't extend to wanting a national cricket team thoughand healthy rivalry with England should not spill into anti-English sentiment. [Keith appears to be one of those proud passionate Welsh people who equate not being supportive of England as being anti-English]

"My maternal grandfather’s family descended from England, I studied at an English university and lived in England and I have still not given up the hope of being called up to the English [FFS Keith it's England and Wales] cricket team. Nothing of this is contradictory with being a proud Welsh person." As proud as those Aussies who dream of playing cricket for England and Wales perhaps

Councillor Keith Jones

Llanrumney Labour [obviously]Councillor

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:04 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

It's not the England and Wales cricket team though, it's England. He's correct that a Wales team would be a disaster, iit would take years to get even close to Test status and Glamorgan would probably go bust without the revenue from England games.

I very much enjoy supporting whoever England are playing as I do in all sports

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:52 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
International Player

Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
It's not the England and Wales cricket team though, it's England. He's correct that a Wales team would be a disaster, iit would take years to get even close to Test status and Glamorgan would probably go bust without the revenue from England games.

I very much enjoy supporting whoever England are playing as I do in all sports

The team represents England and Wales and is governed by the England and Wales Cricket Board. The Board however decided to brand itself as the England Cricket Board and brand it's team England. So basically you choose the semantic you want to apply as what's written on the tin doesn't accurately describe the contents.

A Wales cricket team would be of great benefit to the game of cricket in Wales as potentially many more players could realistically aspire to play for Wales than can for England. This increased interest in cricket might or might not be beneficial to Glamorgan cricket. But it would be strange if an increase in the player base and player standards and interest in cricket in Wales would be detrimental to them.

Glamorgan have only very recently had income from hosting England Games. Other county teams still don't. Glamorgan not hosting England tests would therefore not subject them to a unique disadvantage.
The scandal is that having been gifted a stadium of test standard the first chance they get they take a bung from the ECB to NOT host test matches. :shock: Or perhaps not :shock: but just to be expected from a bunch of :clown: :clown:

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Who are the clowns?

:twisted:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:51 am
International Player

Bouch wrote:
Who are the clowns?

:twisted:

Try and work it out. They're the ones who
Had a test match standard cricket stadium built for them in Cardiff using loads of public money on the understanding that it would be used to host test matches.
Then took money from the ECB on the condition they do NOT host test matches.
Have had a big debt written off by Cardiff Council.
Who are so inept at running a county side that they can't do it without the above.
See themselves as having genuine influence within the ECB :D
See a Wales national cricket team as being nothing but taking a slice out of "their" cake rather than creating a bigger cake and therefore a portion bigger than their existing cake.
Glamorgan CEO Hugh Morris describes himself as a "proud Welshman" - ask not what my club can do for our country but what our country can do for my club. And there's a lot of "proud Welshmen" at Glamorgan cricket.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:15 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Try looking up Hugh's contribution to Cricket in the UK.

Once you've understood that you'll be able to correct some of your nonsense, eog.

Your targeting of Cardiff CC was accurate btw.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:00 pm
International Player

Bouch wrote:
Try looking up Hugh's contribution to Cricket in the UK.
His contribution to Cricket isn't to cricket in the UK. Nothing wrong with him contributing to the England Cricket Board or Glamorgan. However his contributions to those are accompanied by words and deeds detrimental to cricket in Cymru as a whole.
Once you've understood that you'll be able to correct some of your nonsense, eog.
What do you think is nonsense and why is it nonsense?
Your targeting of Cardiff CC was accurate btw. To be more accurate it was down to the Labour run Cardiff CC

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:06 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

If they had written the debt off Glamorgan would more than likely have gone into administration.

Grassroots cricket is dying on its feet in Wales and England too I believe and as someone who ks involved both as a player and administrator in South Wales I can assure you that having an aspiration to play for Wales or England would make little difference to that.

The ECB sold its soul to Sky on yhe backnof the Ashes success in 2005. The game was thriving through Terrestrial TV exposure. Since then interst has dwindled, clubs have folded, rivals have merged, youngsters aren't intersted in Saturday cricket as 40, 45 or 50 overs is goo long for them, mainly due to crickets obsession with T20 games

Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:24 pm
Profile ICQ WWW