It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:12 pm

Welsh Snooker Arguement 
World XV Player

Post Welsh Snooker Arguement
Not sure if anyone has read / heard about the arguement in Welsh Snooker between Darren Morgan and Mark Williams. It is a bit of a sorry state really and a shame that two stalwards of the Welsh game have ended up like this.

From what I can gather - Mark Williams has championed for 16 year old talent Jackson Page to be awarded a Wilcard for the Welsh open. Page seems to be undoubtedly a top top talent and future star of the game. However, at the other end of their career - Darren Morgan - yes the same player who was competing the 80s and 90s is still plugging away and has beaten Page I believe on 5 occassions this year - and crucially won qualifying matches to get the Wildcard.... Mark was clearly a bit pissed off and took to social media and seemed to go a bit harsh on Morgan, taking the piss about his matches and the "box office" quality that he is..... Morgan has responded by stating the Williams is a cyberbully and keyboard warrior.

What is everyone's take on this. Whilst I think Williams took it very personable to Morgan and I think should be reprimanded for his actions - I can also see his point in trying to encourage the powers that be to give Page, an undoubted prodigal talent, a chance on his home stage. However, he shouldn't have laid into Morgan - there were other wildcard entries.

It all made for one of the most awkward interviews I have seen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/43217734

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:43 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Welsh Snooker Arguement
It's the Welsh tournament, everyone needs an argument.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:32 pm
World XV Player

I thought Williams handled it well, the interviewer kept probing and Williams was quite diplomatic I thought, I suppose the interviewer wanted a juicy slanging match but got....zip!

Theres two sides to every story yet he only wanted a response from Williams :dontknow:

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:18 pm
World XV Player

Don't think there's two sides to this, its a professional sport the man tries to make money for his family. The facility exists to qualify. Willams practices with a young lad and he wants another player to stand aside for him. Williams is out of order.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Mark is through to the next round.

All is well.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:43 am
World XV Player

Disgraceful from Williams. Morgan beat Page fair and square to qualify for this tournament yet Williams thinks Page should be in the tournament instead of Morgan. What an arrogant tosser

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

He's out of the tournament now and the man who beat him is out as well.

Ronnie against Higgins in the next round.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:16 am
Site Admin

Blindside wrote:
Don't think there's two sides to this, its a professional sport the man tries to make money for his family. The facility exists to qualify. Willams practices with a young lad and he wants another player to stand aside for him. Williams is out of order.

Darren Morgan is no longer a professional, he now competes as an amateur. He went to my school, a few years ahead of me and is a right obnoxious twat. I was in the same form as his brother Wayne who is also an amateur snooker player and a smidgen more friendly than his brother

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:21 pm
Profile ICQ WWW