It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:30 pm

spectator safety. 
World XV Player

Post Re: spectator safety.
Langland Exile wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Piss take surely. :scratch:

I thought so, baseball is more dangerous

Yeah, I see a little girl caught a foul with her face recently, had some of the players in tears.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:45 pm
Junior Player

Ridiculous thread, if anyone were to get hit by a 6 it would be some tw@t with their eyes glued to their phone, in which case they would deserve it.
H&S along with PC has spiraled out of control, the bar is constantly being raised, where it will end is anyone's guess, we'll all end up walking around with crash helmets and blinkers, to prevent us being hit by flying objects, no matter how remote the chances, and to stop us ogling attractive females.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:14 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Ridiculous thread, if anyone were to get hit by a 6 it would be some tw@t with their eyes glued to their phone, in which case they would deserve it.
H&S along with PC has spiraled out of control, the bar is constantly being raised, where it will end is anyone's guess, we'll all end up walking around with crash helmets and blinkers, to prevent us being hit by flying objects, no matter how remote the chances, and to stop us ogling attractive females.

To suggest that any spectator, including a child, is a twat and deserves to be hit or even killed by a cricket ball makes you a moron Dr. Every person attending a cricket match will at some time take their eyes off the game even if only momentarilly. Many will fall asleep.
Only time will prove my point !!!

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:25 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:

To suggest that any spectator, including a child, is a twat and deserves to be hit or even killed by a cricket ball makes you a moron Dr. Every person attending a cricket match will at some time take their eyes off the game even if only momentarilly. Many will fall asleep.

What about parental responsibility?

If I had young children and wanted to take them to the cricket (I don't and I wouldn't) I would make sure our seats would not put them in danger. I think to put them at risk is irresponsible.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:32 am
World XV Player

I think that we are taking this safety aspect too far.

With terrorism today any large gathering is a risk and inevitably we'll probably see bigger strikes?

Wouldn't travel on the tube for example!?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:26 pm
Junior Player

JOHNWALES wrote:

I'm thinking you have too much time on you're hands, you're delving into the realms of fantasy with this thread, surely you can think of other safety concerns that are far more likely to happen than this cricket scenario? for instance what if you get hit on the head by a meteorite whilst going for your morning paper? or the Beano in your case.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

JOHNWALES wrote:

I'm thinking you have too much time on you're hands, you're delving into the realms of fantasy with this thread, surely you can think of other safety concerns that are far more likely to happen than this cricket scenario? for instance what if you get hit on the head by a meteorite whilst going for your morning paper? or the Beano in your case.

I do have time on my hands because I am a retired business man who played Minor County Cricket in my younger days. I enjoy visiting this forum and having friendly conversations with many educated and friendly members. Every now and again people react in a very rude and ignorant way. Like a few others who have responded to this thread in a very objectionable mode, you have annoyed me by your personal insults. Your reference to the Beano may well trigger amusement in your brain, but to me it sends a message that you are a really nasty individual. Have a nice day !!!

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

There’s zero chance of anything really happening, for a number of reasons. And because of these reasons I think you’re taking us all for a ride. :D

Probably the only way to deal with this issue would be to go to back yard rules, 6 and out. :D

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:01 pm
World XV Player

Wow 6 and out I had forgotten about that rule.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

jimcardiff wrote:
Wow 6 and out I had forgotten about that rule.

Don't forget "nip cat run" I wonder who would have won the Ashes had those 2 rules been in place

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:12 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Auckland NZ Guptill / MUnro. opening partnership.

One spectator taken to hospital unconscious after being hit on the head; a second also taken to hospital with a triple break of the jaw.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Auckland NZ Guptill / MUnro. opening partnership.

One spectator taken to hospital unconscious after being hit on the head; a second also taken to hospital with a triple break of the jaw.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

What is the percentage of this incident , 2 injuries allegedly , in how many people watching cricket every year. Get a better result banning concker battles.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Jim if one of those people was your wife/parent/child you may be more concerned.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

There does seem to be no or little distinction in some places by almost being hit by a table tennis ball and messily killed. I mean it COULD have happened, just because it did not is no excuse.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail