It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 12:18 am

Wales interview Giggs 
World XV Player

Post Re: Wales interview Giggs
Absolutely Andrew. Beckham missed very few friendlies. Giggs missed a huge number and also retired from international football a number of years before he retired from the game.
He has zero charisma with that flat monotonous voice.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Plenty of petty small minded comments here, blame Fergie for Giggs missing friendly matches, who gives a shyte about friendlies anyway. Hughes had no experience when he took on the Wales job, he was still playing if I remember correctly.
As for the references to his affair, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone", no doubt you are all angels here.

He'll do a good job, the players will respect and look up to him, he'll prove you all wrong.

Giggs could have overruled Ferguson, don't remember Beckham missing many friendlies for England in the same period.

No one at Man Utd overruled Fergie, anyone who tried was shown the door.
I can understand people not wanting Giggs for his lack of experience, he has never managed a club side let alone an international one, he would be learning on the job, but to pull him up for missing friendly games, is nitpicking in my book. Friendlies in football seem to be even less important than they are in rugby, at least it seems to mean something when Wales take on the big boys in rugby, when do we ever see a big friendly game that gets peoples interest in football?

By all means have a go at him for being a coaching novice, but why have a go at him for reasons of no importance?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:59 am
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Absolutely Andrew. Beckham missed very few friendlies. Giggs missed a huge number and also retired from international football a number of years before he retired from the game.

Do you know him personally? if not how do you know he has zero charisma? and what has his voice got to do with anything, as long as people can understand him who gives a shyte.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:01 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

how else can he be judged . not played for several years , no head coach experience ,just his lifestyle and playing history left , as good as he was, the biggest memory is. Giggs not playing for wales but playing a few days later for his club.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:28 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:

Do you know him personally? if not how do you know he has zero charisma? and what has his voice got to do with anything, as long as people can understand him who gives a shyte.

I have seen online his team talk in his final game in temporary charge for Man Utd. It was awful.
He has no passion. No inspiration. Nothing.
Frankly I wouldn’t want to know him. His morals belong in the gutter.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

jimcardiff wrote:
how else can he be judged . not played for several years , no head coach experience ,just his lifestyle and playing history left , as good as he was, the biggest memory is. Giggs not playing for wales but playing a few days later for his club.

When Gareth Edwards was at Millfield School, he opted out of playing for the Welsh Schools v England in preference for representing MIlllfield in a Sevens competition. No pressure from his headmaster influenced this decision - ask him ?

In my book playing for Club rather than Nation indicates a sound case of LOYALTY.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Very sad book that ,

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

If you actually read his book instead of just highlights , GE write to the Selectors asking not to be selected , without knowing if he had been selected or not, and the loyalty thing , not very loyal to his new employers was he.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
Plenty of petty small minded comments here, blame Fergie for Giggs missing friendly matches, who gives a shyte about friendlies anyway. Hughes had no experience when he took on the Wales job, he was still playing if I remember correctly.
As for the references to his affair, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone", no doubt you are all angels here.

He'll do a good job, the players will respect and look up to him, he'll prove you all wrong.

Giggs could have overruled Ferguson, don't remember Beckham missing many friendlies for England in the same period.

No one at Man Utd overruled Fergie, anyone who tried was shown the door.
I can understand people not wanting Giggs for his lack of experience, he has never managed a club side let alone an international one, he would be learning on the job, but to pull him up for missing friendly games, is nitpicking in my book. Friendlies in football seem to be even less important than they are in rugby, at least it seems to mean something when Wales take on the big boys in rugby, when do we ever see a big friendly game that gets peoples interest in football?

By all means have a go at him for being a coaching novice, but why have a go at him for reasons of no importance?

It's not the fact he missed all the friendlies that bother me, it's his lack of experience in any managerial role. Wasn't he associated with the worst Manchester Utd team in recent memory whilst assistant to wee Davy Moyes?

There is a lack of quality out there I guess and as I said earlier, I hope he proves me wrong

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:02 am
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

It won't work out no matter what he does, because at the first sign of trouble people will jump on his back and hound him out

As for no experience, it's the way international football has gone tbf. So many ex players cut their teeth at that level or so it seems?

Who cares about international football anyway, been shit for ages.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:55 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

It could be worse, we could be England's women!

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:07 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
It won't work out no matter what he does, because at the first sign of trouble people will jump on his back and hound him out

As for no experience, it's the way international football has gone tbf. So many ex players cut their teeth at that level or so it seems?

There but for the grace of God goes Pro Rugby?

We're already on track for the english and w/wide footy model, ...?

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:39 pm
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:

So you didn’t care about Euro 16?

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

So you didn’t care about Euro 16?

Not particularly tbh

Was nice to see wales do well after all these years, but I'd knocked international football on the head a long time ago and only watched one full game and that was Wales v England, almost fell asleep it was that bad

Tournament football is decent enough, it's the qualifying and friendlies that make it so shite and I've seen today that this new international league or what ever it is is being done. Last thing football needs is more international games IMO

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:51 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Osian Roberts confirmed as being part of Giggs' backroom staff

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:48 am
Profile ICQ WWW