It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 8:25 pm

Wales interview Giggs 
World XV Player

Post Wales interview Giggs
Won't be work out imo

Not very well liked by many Welsh fans because of his desire to only play in home games and his links to United.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Wales interview Giggs
Osian Roberts would be my choice but I suspect Giggs wills get the job.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Did it take place in Cheshire?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:01 am
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Osian Roberts would be my choice but I suspect Giggs wills get the job.

Yip.

The talk is they might try and get Osian as assistant to whoever gets the job, if that would be acceptable to all parties who knows.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:27 am
World XV Player

Officially appointed :glasses7:

Got to feel sorry for trampie :D

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Wonder who they will get to go to the friendlies.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Think they'll just cancel friendlies from now on... :D

Good for every one concerned tbh because international football outside of the major tournaments is pants (even then it's going to be rubbish with where, when and how they're scheduled)

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Not a great appointment, why the FAW had to set their sights on a Welshman when there were so few of quality around. They appoint a manager who has, what is it, 3 games experience as a manager and has been passed over for jobs recently like the Swansea one.

I'd have felt the same had they given it to Bellamy so not a Utd thing, mind you if he makes a moderate success of it, he could end up as the next Utd manager when Mourinho has his inevitable meltdown! :D

Could have been worse though could have been Tony Pulis! :wtf:

Good luck to him, however and hope I am proven wrong, as I didn't think Coleman was going to be a success too.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:09 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
British & Irish Lions Player

Not a big wendyball fan but can't help but think the selection of a once good player with very little managerial experience, to run an international team, as a risk.

His history of 'pulling a fetlock' whenever a 'friendly' was played, also calls his passion for Wales into doubt.

As a 'not very' big football fan, I don't give really give a fupp, as a Welshman, I'm not impressed with the appointment.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

I will be hacked off if Osian Roberts is no longer involved in the national set up.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I have a hunch that Bellamy would have kept Roberts on, perhaps Giggs will - but I am sure Bellamy would have.

There isn't much out there for in terms of proven Welsh managers - Hughes, Pullis - and the rest we are clutching a bit at Straws with - Dean Saunders, Brian Flynn - then we are probably going to League of Wales stuff. Unless we took a gamble with Mark Sampson.

IMO it should have been Pullis - with Roberts and perhaps Giggs or Bellamy as the assistant, that could have worked. Ideally though we should have try to trump Scotland with Michael O Neill.

Imagine if Giggs tries to bring back Mark Sampson back into football - lock away your wife's, girlfriends, daughters and sisters with them two.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:21 am
World XV Player

All wags will have to attend all games and training sessions

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
I will be hacked off if Osian Roberts is no longer involved in the national set up.

Yip

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:32 pm
Youth Player

Plenty of petty small minded comments here, blame Fergie for Giggs missing friendly matches, who gives a shyte about friendlies anyway. Hughes had no experience when he took on the Wales job, he was still playing if I remember correctly.
As for the references to his affair, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone", no doubt you are all angels here.

He'll do a good job, the players will respect and look up to him, he'll prove you all wrong.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Plenty of petty small minded comments here, blame Fergie for Giggs missing friendly matches, who gives a shyte about friendlies anyway. Hughes had no experience when he took on the Wales job, he was still playing if I remember correctly.
As for the references to his affair, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone", no doubt you are all angels here.

He'll do a good job, the players will respect and look up to him, he'll prove you all wrong.

Giggs could have overruled Ferguson, don't remember Beckham missing many friendlies for England in the same period.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:57 pm
Profile ICQ WWW