It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:32 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
England v Australia in the Ashes 
Author Message
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2288
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
Langland Exile wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:
Absolute garbage Bouchy. Aside from one innings Cook has been dreadful. Malin and Root have been ok with the bat but no more than that. As for the bowling Anderson has been decent....as for the rest...
This will be 4-0 and a thorough trouncing.

I think Shaun Marsh will do well for Glammy in the summer.


Agree, how many of the England team would get into the Australian side? Maybe none...writing was on the wall last summer when Hope and Braithwaite trounced the England bowlers on the only wicket similar to Australia..

It depends where they are playing If it's in England, or Cardiff, quite a few, anywhere in the rest of the world? Not many

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:10 pm
Posts: 6003
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
Bouch wrote:
Are you two agreeing with yourselves?

:thumbup:


Sharrup you old donut.


Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44755
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
And that's it.

England all out for 180.

Well played Australia.


Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:19 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 60568
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
Bouch wrote:
And that's it.

England all out for 180.

Well played Australia.


Huge gulf in class

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:08 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 13563
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
All four of Australia's bowlers took over 20 wkts in the series at an average of in the 20's.
7 Aussie batsmen averaged over 40, 2 of those 7 was over 100 and 2 over 50.

England humiliated.

_________________
As a scummer once said 'we dont produce anything and live meaningless lives doing meaningless jobs just to payback money that never really existed in the first place'.


Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:25 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 10006
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
Probably one of the only contests I'd support Eng over Aus in. Disappointing result. Even if it was just a bit more competitive.

No doubt England will pick themselves up and be a different team by the time they arrive in NZ later this season.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44755
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
The absolute shambles surrounding the 3rd - and vital - Test just highlighted the failures of Cricket Australia and the Curator at the WACA who retired in a shameful exhibition of incompetence.

Throw in the Ben Stokes banishment because of his punch-up with a couple of drunken oafs in Bristol and Moeen's damaged fingers in advance of the 1st Test and England were clearly heading towards problems from a long way back.

Whoever writes a clear and definitive account of this Ashes Series will have a complete list of failures from the ECB and Cricket Australia to demonstrate the accuracy of the old adage - "Never give a sucker an even break".

Ben Stokes hasn't been charged yet, by the way.

Perhaps this is why - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-ashes-2017-18-ben-stokes-assault-was-out-of-character-says-joe-root-kr8jtw6mc


Quote:
Ben Stokes may have been handed an Ashes lifeline last night after two men claimed that he had saved them from a homophobic attack during the alleged late-night brawl that resulted in the all-rounder’s arrest and suspension from the tour of Australia.

The England vice-captain was hailed as a hero by Kai Barry, 26, and Billy O’Connell, 20, who told The Sun newspaper that Stokes had stepped in to help them during the 2am incident in Bristol on September 24, when Stokes had been out celebrating an England one-day international victory over West Indies with his team-mate Alex Hales, who is also at present suspended from international cricket by the ECB.

Barry and O’Connell were interviewed by police.


It seems they identified the soldier and his partner who started the rumpus in the first place.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:49 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 13563
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
I thought the 3rd test was a good test, plenty of runs scored, plenty of wickets down well English wickets.

_________________
As a scummer once said 'we dont produce anything and live meaningless lives doing meaningless jobs just to payback money that never really existed in the first place'.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:49 am
Profile
Club Player

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 235
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
Apparently the Australian players applauded the Barmey Army at the end of the game. I wonder if the England team acknowledged them - I doubt it.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15282
Location: Japan
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
Bouch wrote:
The absolute shambles surrounding the 3rd - and vital - Test just highlighted the failures of Cricket Australia and the Curator at the WACA who retired in a shameful exhibition of incompetence.

Throw in the Ben Stokes banishment because of his punch-up with a couple of drunken oafs in Bristol and Moeen's damaged fingers in advance of the 1st Test and England were clearly heading towards problems from a long way back.

Whoever writes a clear and definitive account of this Ashes Series will have a complete list of failures from the ECB and Cricket Australia to demonstrate the accuracy of the old adage - "Never give a sucker an even break".

Ben Stokes hasn't been charged yet, by the way.

Perhaps this is why - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-ashes-2017-18-ben-stokes-assault-was-out-of-character-says-joe-root-kr8jtw6mc


Quote:
Ben Stokes may have been handed an Ashes lifeline last night after two men claimed that he had saved them from a homophobic attack during the alleged late-night brawl that resulted in the all-rounder’s arrest and suspension from the tour of Australia.

The England vice-captain was hailed as a hero by Kai Barry, 26, and Billy O’Connell, 20, who told The Sun newspaper that Stokes had stepped in to help them during the 2am incident in Bristol on September 24, when Stokes had been out celebrating an England one-day international victory over West Indies with his team-mate Alex Hales, who is also at present suspended from international cricket by the ECB.

Barry and O’Connell were interviewed by police.


It seems they identified the soldier and his partner who started the rumpus in the first place.

That seems like an excuse......... Which is quite strange as the rest of the world thought it was an absolute reaming.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:31 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44755
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
loosechange wrote:
Bouch wrote:
The absolute shambles surrounding the 3rd - and vital - Test just highlighted the failures of Cricket Australia and the Curator at the WACA who retired in a shameful exhibition of incompetence.

Throw in the Ben Stokes banishment because of his punch-up with a couple of drunken oafs in Bristol and Moeen's damaged fingers in advance of the 1st Test and England were clearly heading towards problems from a long way back.

Whoever writes a clear and definitive account of this Ashes Series will have a complete list of failures from the ECB and Cricket Australia to demonstrate the accuracy of the old adage - "Never give a sucker an even break".

Ben Stokes hasn't been charged yet, by the way.

Perhaps this is why - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-ashes-2017-18-ben-stokes-assault-was-out-of-character-says-joe-root-kr8jtw6mc


Quote:
Ben Stokes may have been handed an Ashes lifeline last night after two men claimed that he had saved them from a homophobic attack during the alleged late-night brawl that resulted in the all-rounder’s arrest and suspension from the tour of Australia.

The England vice-captain was hailed as a hero by Kai Barry, 26, and Billy O’Connell, 20, who told The Sun newspaper that Stokes had stepped in to help them during the 2am incident in Bristol on September 24, when Stokes had been out celebrating an England one-day international victory over West Indies with his team-mate Alex Hales, who is also at present suspended from international cricket by the ECB.

Barry and O’Connell were interviewed by police.


It seems they identified the soldier and his partner who started the rumpus in the first place.

That seems like an excuse......... Which is quite strange as the rest of the world thought it was an absolute reaming.


Yep, having the covers blow away when it's still raining heavily is irrelevant.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:07 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 13563
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
I can't see what Bouch is off about the 3rd Test pitch was a good cricket wicket and Australia won the test match fair and the square.

_________________
As a scummer once said 'we dont produce anything and live meaningless lives doing meaningless jobs just to payback money that never really existed in the first place'.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:28 pm
Profile
Club Player

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 235
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
Australia won the series through slow batting. In Test cricket it is beneficial to score a century over five hours, rather than get there before lunch. Joe Root tries to go close to a run a ball; he must learn to leave off target balls alone and concentrate on crease occupation. Malan probably has a future, Stoneman and Vince regrettably do not. The problem probably lies in the English set up with contracted players. It would probably be better if all contracted players turned out for their counties throughout the season, and the selectors chose the team on a match to match basis, including any one from any county who was currently in form. Many of our guys look short of match practise, which is essential, hours in the nets count for nothing.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:10 pm
Posts: 6003
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
It was very poor of the ground staff to fail to protect the pitch. They should have been embarrassed. However it had zero impact on the outcome of the game which Aus won fair and square.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44755
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: England v Australia in the Ashes
Pearcey3 wrote:
It was very poor of the ground staff to fail to protect the pitch. They should have been embarrassed. However it had zero impact on the outcome of the game which Aus won fair and square.


You think?

A pitch suffering with puddles already doesn't deteriorated with umpteen thousand gallons of water being allowed to saturate the surface?

Hmmmmm.


Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:31 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: