It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Cardiff City 
World XV Player

Post Re: Cardiff City
Langland Exile wrote:
simondavis wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
You realize that Norwich is named for its very low divorce rate? ;)

Still scratching my head about that one mate!

It's an old Alan Bennett joke...he refers to the Bishop of Norwich, who as a member of the House of Lords, refers to himself as "Norwich". So, when he signs "Norwich", does it mean a message from the said Bishop or,

"Nickers Off Ready When I Come Home.. :D

Very good and thanks for the history lesson. I'd completely forgotten the acronym. I'm ex Merchant Navy and some of the boys used to write that on the back of the envelopes. Not me though, far too innocent :pirate: Alan Bennett. Well I never would have thought, he of the soft and gentle and perceptive observation!

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:08 pm
World XV Player

Cardiff City now out of the top 2

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:29 pm
World XV Player

Cardiff now back in the box seat again to get automatic promotion.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:42 pm
World XV Player

trampie wrote:

Excellent :thumbup:

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:46 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
trampie wrote:

Excellent :thumbup:

Yep.

:thumbup:

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:24 am
World XV Player

trampie wrote:

It was a crap match mate. I was there in my Norwich top. My brothers came up and were in the City end. Bit bizarre really. I nearly fell asleep on the hour it was so boring, didn't give a toss about the result but obviously hope City go up. 0-0 would have been the right result but City had Junior Hoylett, the best player on the pitch

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 pm
World XV Player

After today, Cardiff are away at Derby and Hull, home to Reading.
Fulham have Sunderland at home (easy win), and Birmingham City at home.

If Fulham wins both games, Cardiff needs 6 points from these 3 games to guarantee promotion.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:32 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
After today, Cardiff are away at Derby and Hull, home to Reading.
Fulham have Sunderland at home (easy win), and Birmingham City at home.

If Fulham wins both games, Cardiff needs 6 points from these 3 games to guarantee promotion.

Fulham are away to Brum last game of the season.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:05 am
World XV Player

Huge game for Cardiff at Derby tomorrow, looking at it Cardiff need to win the game, nothing certain but there maybe no gain in getting a draw.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:19 am
World XV Player

trampie wrote:
Huge game for Cardiff at Derby tomorrow, looking at it Cardiff need to win the game, nothing certain but there maybe no gain in getting a draw.

too true fail to win more than 1 game and its the playoffs.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:51 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tuesday 24th April 2018

Derby 19:45 Cardiff

Quote:
Asked if he expected bad blood following the Morrison video the veteran manager said: "No - life's too short".

Derby manager Gary Rowett also criticised Warnock who had questioned the decision to call off last month's game at Pride Park at a time when the hosts had several injury worries.

Quote:
But Warnock says he has no issue with Rowett, stating: "I think he's a very good manager".

"I like Gary. I speak to him….well I have done in the past anyhow! I always thought he's done a very good job. I think he's very much like myself, I hope he doesn't mind me saying that".

"He's sincere and puts everything into his job and he likes his players to give him everything."

Quote:
Cardiff require six points from their final three fixtures at Derby, Hull and at home to Reading to seal automatic promotion, with victory at Pride Park enough if Fulham lose to relegated Sunderland on Friday.

Derby have their own promotion aims as they bid for a play-off berth and victory over Cardiff would move them ahead of Millwall into sixth.

BBC

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:46 am
World XV Player

Cardiff lose away to Derby 3-1.

Cardiff now have a one point lead over Fulham with a worse goal difference and both teams have 2 winnable games left.

Cardiff need to win their last two games to go up automatically, if not they have to match Fulham's point total over the last two games.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 pm
Regional Player

I am not too confident as regards the possibility of promotion via the play offs

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cardiff one point clear of Fulham in the race for automatic promotion, both teams have one match to go.

Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:01 pm
World XV Player

As a long suffering Reading STH who has just witnessed the worst defensive performance in 46 years supporting the club I am dreading next Sunday. I really want Cardiff to go up but not at our expense as we could well go down.

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next