It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:03 am

Rcord transfer Footy 
World XV Player

Post Rcord transfer Footy
£198m paid by Qatari owned french footy team PSG. That is for release of contract.

After he is paid 50m euros salary and France will have 29m euros tax revenue.
That is part from his other earning.

I await a Qatari takeover in Rugby ... maybe Cardiff ;) .

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... g-for-198m

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:04 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Rcord transfer Footy
Its one reason i have less and less interest in "the game".

The human race needs to take a look at itself. The fact we don't rage at the total nonsense and waste of resources, when so many people, even our planet, is sickened by our greed, is astounding! A pox on football if this is what it has become.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:04 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Words fail me other than to say It's f**king obscene

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Its one reason i have less and less interest in "the game".

The human race needs to take a look at itself. The fact we don't rage at the total nonsense and waste of resources, when so many people, even our planet, is sickened by our greed, is astounding! A pox on football if this is what it has become.

great post :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:53 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Words fail me other than to say It's f**king obscene

agreed.
it must be immoral surely?

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:53 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Absolutely ridiculous...

With wages etc it's close to 500m!?!

I did read somewhere that PSG won't be footing the bill of the transfer fee? Something along the lines of the Qatar sporting investment (? Who I believe are psg owners ?) will pay Neymar the release clause fee to be a 'sponsor' for them. He will then use the cash to buy out his Barca contract by activating the release clause, PSG will then sign him on a 'free' transfer and pay him 40m?....

How true that is I don't know, but it all sounds very suspicious. When Barca bought him from santos there was a stink about that transfer, over tax iirc?

Some of us transfer fees have been absolutely eye watering this summer, run of the mil players going for 50-60m!? Can see the bubble bursting before long?

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
Absolutely ridiculous...

With wages etc it's close to 500m!?!

I did read somewhere that PSG won't be footing the bill of the transfer fee? Something along the lines of the Qatar sporting investment (? Who I believe are psg owners ?) will pay Neymar the release clause fee to be a 'sponsor' for them. He will then use the cash to buy out his Barca contract by activating the release clause, PSG will then sign him on a 'free' transfer and pay him 40m?....

How true that is I don't know, but it all sounds very suspicious. When Barca bought him from santos there was a stink about that transfer, over tax iirc?

Some of us transfer fees have been absolutely eye watering this summer, run of the mil players going for 50-60m!? Can see the bubble bursting before long?

It's confirmed by the way and apparently it's a 5 yr contract ...that saves the Club and investors from losing out on an early transfer and they can play the same game.

Indecent.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:06 pm
World XV Player

PSG now looking to payanother £163m for an 18 yr old Monaco player ...! before the Aug 31 transfer deadline

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... onaco.html

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:03 am
World XV Player

Mbappe

Talented young kid, very talented. But has only really played half a season of first team football

Good to see FFP working well... :roll:

The psg owners will just probably do a Man City and 'sell' a part of their training facility's to themselves or some shit...

Saying that, now that it's affecting the darlings of football Madrid and Barca something might be done?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:10 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Prys#1 wrote:
.....Can see the bubble bursting before long?

Pretty sure people said this when Shearer went to Newcastle for £15m and also when Trevor Francis became the first £1m player.

I don't think it'll be too long until we see the first £1bn player.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ironrobson21 wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

Pretty sure people said this when Shearer went to Newcastle for £15m and also when Trevor Francis became the first £1m player.

I can't see it tbh

Now that Madrid and Barcelona are the ones being affected i think UEFA/FIFA will do something to stop the oil rich teams buying all the talent.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:35 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
ironrobson21 wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

I can't see it tbh

Now that Madrid and Barcelona are the ones being affected i think UEFA/FIFA will do something to stop the oil rich teams buying all the talent.

A thorny problem ... as far as the EU is concerned they will hit problems like Bosman, Kopak rulings etc and although this is a financial and not an employment issue 'restraint of trade' is another issue.

It needs doing but it ain't easy.

PS UK leaving the EU doesn't matter a damn! :D

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:16 am
World XV Player

Barcelona have now shown they really wanted to hold on to Neymar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41014149

Quote:
Barcelona are suing former player Neymar for 8.5m euros (£7.8m) over his world record move to Paris St-Germain.

The Brazil international made the 222m euro (£200m) move to the French club in August after buying out his contract.

Barcelona now want him to return a renewal bonus he was paid when he signed a new five-year deal just nine months before forcing through the move.

Quote:
"The club demands the player return the already paid sum as he has not completed his contract," it said.

As well as the 8.5m euro bonus, the club wants "an additional 10% because of delayed payment".

Quote:
The statement continued: "The club also requests Paris St-Germain take on responsibility for the payment of these fees if the player cannot do so himself."

Paris St-Germain later responded to say they were "surprised" by Barcelona's statement, adding: "The club repeats that, along with Neymar Jr, it strictly respected all applicable laws and rules and can only regret, once again, the attitude of FC Barcelona."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lawsuit was submitted on 11 August to the Labour Tribunal in Barcelona.

Quote:
Neymar criticised the directors of the club on Sunday after scoring twice on his home debut for PSG in a 6-2 win over Toulouse.

"I spent four beautiful years there and parted happy," said the 25-year-old. "But with [the board], no.

"For me, they are not the people who should be there, for the direction of Barca. Barca deserve much better."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The TV companies must hate all this adverse publicity.

Will they now start appointing people to monitor clubs' profligacy and the players refusing to honour contracts?

There must be people out there who are just aching to get their noses into the overflowing trough.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:42 am
World XV Player

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41090433

This piece covers a lot of ground.

Have a look at Roy Keane saying it like it is (down towards the bottom of the page ...)

:thumbup:

Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:33 am
World XV Player

Mbappe has been transfered to PSG, they've spent a further 180m euros....Approx 400m on 2 players

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:04 am