It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Swansea City AFC 
World XV Player

That is a lot of money Jon.

I used to watch Argyle play occasionally as a nipper.

aye Luke it is, normally I dont pay, cos Iam good friends with the chairman, but since he told me some half truths about our previous manager I havent spoken to him, so forkerd out, wish I hadnt, especially as I probably wont be able to make the return fixture

Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:21 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
International Player

Good win on Friday night against Brentford. I must say the atmosphere down there in the evening matches not quite as good as the old days down the Vetch, but it certainly improved as the night wore on.

Swans can go from being abjectly awful to displaying some silky skills. Robinson scored one of his trademark free kicks, Trundle full of tricks, and even this new lanky boy from Swindon (Fallon) looks to have good skills. Think he might well be our equivalent to Peter Crouch - deceptively good feet for a big lad, just needs to do what he's paid for (ie score goals) and we'll be on to a winner!!

Anway, 8 games left, 5 of them away, so automatic promotion still looking like a long shot - going to be cursing our recent string of draws if we are close come the final curtain.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:55 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Swansea City AFC
Scarlet Exile wrote:
Another good win for the Swans. They got 13,264 in the rain which isn't too bad. How do Swansea soccer ticket prices and Ospreys ticket prices compare? Still don't get why the third division gets more support than one of the top ten European sides?

a good win for us bluebirds as well. 1-0 away from home only 2 points of the playoff places.

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:28 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

welshbean wrote:
Scarlet Exile wrote:
Another good win for the Swans. They got 13,264 in the rain which isn't too bad. How do Swansea soccer ticket prices and Ospreys ticket prices compare? Still don't get why the third division gets more support than one of the top ten European sides?

a good win for us bluebirds as well. 1-0 away from home only 2 points of the playoff places.

...the old days ..'Keep off The Grange End! '''''

I just hope the cops are ready for the Swansea hooligans who are going to make llife misserable for folk.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:56 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

stalisman wrote:
welshbean wrote:
Scarlet Exile wrote:

I just hope the cops are ready for the Swansea hooligans who are going to make llife misserable for folk.

It takes two to tango, the idiots are as bad from both sides.

Shame really, as I was thinking of taking my little boy down for the LDV Final - but reckon too much of a risk in the circumstances.

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:24 pm
World XV Player

Uncle Onion wrote:
stalisman wrote:
welshbean wrote:
Scarlet Exile wrote:

Shame really, as I was thinking of taking my little boy down for the LDV Final - but reckon too much of a risk in the circumstances.
Talking to my bro in law he reckons therell be 40,000 swans fans going up to cardiff the loony eliment up there wont know what'll hit them if they try and kick off. itll be carnage

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:05 pm
World XV Player

Uncle Onion wrote:
stalisman wrote:
welshbean wrote:
Scarlet Exile wrote:

I'd agree under usual circumstances ...but this lot will be coming to Cardiff like a Welsh Stag night to England!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:04 am
World XV Player

Better behaviour on the Stag Night?

Absolutely,, especially if the strippers can lighten them up.

I can't believe the absolute stupidity of the blantant exploitative increase in Car Parking fees for the match either ..an absolute moral disgrace and also as near as brainless as you can get from the point of view keeping folks happy and hoping they don't kick off ..um in town that is :-)

Cardiff Authorities ought to be cautioned by the cops for conspirocy to incite violence!

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:31 pm
Profile E-mail