It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:52 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Open Golf Championship 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10611
Post Open Golf Championship
Justin Rose?

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:04 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59361
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
A good test Birkdale, rewards good ball cntrolo not length...old fashioned golf, nice to see...

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:11 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43920
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
The BBC actually interviewed a recovering Rory yesterday.

This morning they said, "He's got the momentum now ..."

He's improved to joint 59th, with a gaggle of Brits, at 1 over. He was 5 over but improved after having a bollocking from his caddy .......

Here are better British scores :-

40. Andy Sullivan at Evens with Paul Lawrie and Ross Fisher and Laurie Canter and Toby Tree.

26. Andrew Johnston and Matthew Fitzpatrick at 1 under

12. Martin Laird at 2 under with Stuart Manley (a Welsh player)

6. Ian Poulter at 3 under with Richard Bland.

The top Brit is Paul Casey - he's 4th with a score of 4 under.


The Irish punters screaming and shouting as Rory was recovering from ignominy to a reasonable score might reflect on the other dozen Brits in front of McIlroy.

Let's consider two - Ian Poulter, who has now recovered from serious injury and a dry spell and Paul Casey who played solidly all day.

Poulter, a Ryder Cup hero, is 5 shots in front of Rory and Paul Casey, another gifted Ryder Cup stalwart, might be glad that Rory is getting the BBC's attention.

Seeing as Rory has admitted that Links golf doesn't suit him, if he improves his score to minus figures today he'll be doing well.


Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:10 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59361
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
Bouch wrote:
The BBC actually interviewed a recovering Rory yesterday.

This morning they said, "He's got the momentum now ..."

He's improved to joint 59th, with a gaggle of Brits, at 1 over. He was 5 over but improved after having a bollocking from his caddy .......

Here are better British scores :-

40. Andy Sullivan at Evens with Paul Lawrie and Ross Fisher and Laurie Canter and Toby Tree.

26. Andrew Johnston and Matthew Fitzpatrick at 1 under

12. Martin Laird at 2 under with Stuart Manley (a Welsh player)

6. Ian Poulter at 3 under with Richard Bland.

The top Brit is Paul Casey - he's 4th with a score of 4 under.


The Irish punters screaming and shouting as Rory was recovering from ignominy to a reasonable score might reflect on the other dozen Brits in front of McIlroy.

Let's consider two - Ian Poulter, who has now recovered from serious injury and a dry spell and Paul Casey who played solidly all day.

Poulter, a Ryder Cup hero, is 5 shots in front of Rory and Paul Casey, another gifted Ryder Cup stalwart, might be glad that Rory is getting the BBC's attention.

Seeing as Rory has admitted that Links golf doesn't suit him, if he improves his score to minus figures today he'll be doing well.




Rory grew up in these conditions and played these types of courses, he has no excuses.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:57 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43920
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
Rory has said many, many times that he dislikes link courses and much prefers American versions of golf courses.

He still did the business yesterday and he's getting the BBC's full attention, almost.

They interviewed Poulter's dad, which really was interesting, and then they interviewed Poulter as well. Good stuff.


The afternoon starters had the worst of the weather and the leader still did the business. It was genuinely amazing to see Mr Spieth's ability in those conditions. The man is gifted and he shrugged off the 10 minute break in play and just kept on doing the necessary.

To be fair, Rory did the same but in slightly easier gales - the rapid flooding of the course in the afternoon was staggering to see.

A few "name" Brits made the weekend, with Olympic champion Justin Rose (74), former Masters champion Danny Willett (74) and fellow Englishmen Lee Westwood (74) and Tommy Fleetwood - who birdied the 15th and finished with three pars for a one-under 69.

Australia's Jason Day also sneaks in after the world number six shot a 76 along with two more Englishmen, Andy Sullivan and Toby Tree and Scotland's David Drysdale.

Our Welsh rep didn't make it - he stumbled in his own private hell to an 81. Ouch.

Former Open champion Phil Micklelson was one of the biggest casualties, missing the cut at The Open for just the fifth time in 24 starts, after a 77 left him on 10 over.

The arthritis stricken five-time major winner quipped: "Unfortunately it's the first cut I've missed this year and I missed it with flair."


http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/40683602 - Good videos.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/major-championships/leaderboard


Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:36 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59361
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
Bouch wrote:
Rory has said many, many times that he dislikes link courses and much prefers American versions of golf courses.

He still did the business yesterday and he's getting the BBC's full attention, almost.

They interviewed Poulter's dad, which really was interesting, and then they interviewed Poulter as well. Good stuff.


The afternoon starters had the worst of the weather and the leader still did the business. It was genuinely amazing to see Mr Spieth's ability in those conditions. The man is gifted and he shrugged off the 10 minute break in play and just kept on doing the necessary.

To be fair, Rory did the same but in slightly easier gales - the rapid flooding of the course in the afternoon was staggering to see.

A few "name" Brits made the weekend, with Olympic champion Justin Rose (74), former Masters champion Danny Willett (74) and fellow Englishmen Lee Westwood (74) and Tommy Fleetwood - who birdied the 15th and finished with three pars for a one-under 69.

Australia's Jason Day also sneaks in after the world number six shot a 76 along with two more Englishmen, Andy Sullivan and Toby Tree and Scotland's David Drysdale.

Our Welsh rep didn't make it - he stumbled in his own private hell to an 81. Ouch.

Former Open champion Phil Micklelson was one of the biggest casualties, missing the cut at The Open for just the fifth time in 24 starts, after a 77 left him on 10 over.

The arthritis stricken five-time major winner quipped: "Unfortunately it's the first cut I've missed this year and I missed it with flair."


http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/40683602 - Good videos.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/major-championships/leaderboard



US golf in 75/80 degree weather and wide fairways suits his game. Birkdale is a test of the all round game and the ability to manage a player's way around the golf course. This is what golf was about but technology has threatened it.

We will have 550 yard par 4's soon unless they do something about the ball. I would like to see him win but I have more admiration for players like Spieth and the way he manages his game.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:13 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10611
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Rory has said many, many times that he dislikes link courses and much prefers American versions of golf courses.

He still did the business yesterday and he's getting the BBC's full attention, almost.

They interviewed Poulter's dad, which really was interesting, and then they interviewed Poulter as well. Good stuff.


The afternoon starters had the worst of the weather and the leader still did the business. It was genuinely amazing to see Mr Spieth's ability in those conditions. The man is gifted and he shrugged off the 10 minute break in play and just kept on doing the necessary.

To be fair, Rory did the same but in slightly easier gales - the rapid flooding of the course in the afternoon was staggering to see.

A few "name" Brits made the weekend, with Olympic champion Justin Rose (74), former Masters champion Danny Willett (74) and fellow Englishmen Lee Westwood (74) and Tommy Fleetwood - who birdied the 15th and finished with three pars for a one-under 69.

Australia's Jason Day also sneaks in after the world number six shot a 76 along with two more Englishmen, Andy Sullivan and Toby Tree and Scotland's David Drysdale.

Our Welsh rep didn't make it - he stumbled in his own private hell to an 81. Ouch.

Former Open champion Phil Micklelson was one of the biggest casualties, missing the cut at The Open for just the fifth time in 24 starts, after a 77 left him on 10 over.

The arthritis stricken five-time major winner quipped: "Unfortunately it's the first cut I've missed this year and I missed it with flair."


http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/40683602 - Good videos.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/major-championships/leaderboard



US golf in 75/80 degree weather and wide fairways suits his game. Birkdale is a test of the all round game and the ability to manage a player's way around the golf course. This is what golf was about but technology has threatened it.

We will have 550 yard par 4's soon unless they do something about the ball. I would like to see him win but I have more admiration for players like Spieth and the way he manages his game.


I like Mcillroy ...he's volatile but when switched on spectacular.

Can't deny his record to date either.


By the way .... I told you so ...Justin Rose qualifiedfor the 3rd round :D :D

The weather yesterday was wicked, ...mid rounds the wind completely changed direction.

PS the Sky commentary is the pits :angry4:

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:38 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59361
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Rory has said many, many times that he dislikes link courses and much prefers American versions of golf courses.

He still did the business yesterday and he's getting the BBC's full attention, almost.

They interviewed Poulter's dad, which really was interesting, and then they interviewed Poulter as well. Good stuff.


The afternoon starters had the worst of the weather and the leader still did the business. It was genuinely amazing to see Mr Spieth's ability in those conditions. The man is gifted and he shrugged off the 10 minute break in play and just kept on doing the necessary.

To be fair, Rory did the same but in slightly easier gales - the rapid flooding of the course in the afternoon was staggering to see.

A few "name" Brits made the weekend, with Olympic champion Justin Rose (74), former Masters champion Danny Willett (74) and fellow Englishmen Lee Westwood (74) and Tommy Fleetwood - who birdied the 15th and finished with three pars for a one-under 69.

Australia's Jason Day also sneaks in after the world number six shot a 76 along with two more Englishmen, Andy Sullivan and Toby Tree and Scotland's David Drysdale.

Our Welsh rep didn't make it - he stumbled in his own private hell to an 81. Ouch.

Former Open champion Phil Micklelson was one of the biggest casualties, missing the cut at The Open for just the fifth time in 24 starts, after a 77 left him on 10 over.

The arthritis stricken five-time major winner quipped: "Unfortunately it's the first cut I've missed this year and I missed it with flair."


http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/40683602 - Good videos.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/major-championships/leaderboard



US golf in 75/80 degree weather and wide fairways suits his game. Birkdale is a test of the all round game and the ability to manage a player's way around the golf course. This is what golf was about but technology has threatened it.

We will have 550 yard par 4's soon unless they do something about the ball. I would like to see him win but I have more admiration for players like Spieth and the way he manages his game.


I like Mcillroy ...he's volatile but when switched on spectacular.

Can't deny his record to date either.


By the way .... I told you so ...Justin Rose qualifiedfor the 3rd round :D :D

The weather yesterday was wicked, ...mid rounds the wind completely changed direction.

PS the Sky commentary is the pits :angry4:


I stream the Golf Channel which is aimed at people who actually understand the game..explains why players use all the short follow throughs on swings etc..

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:06 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10611
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
Grace SA shoots first Championship 62 round

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:19 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43920
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
Brendon Grace just shot a 62 ....

Bloody Hell, that was superb stuff..

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:


This Open is tremendous, boys.

Good grief.


Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:19 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10611
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
Bouch wrote:
Brendon Grace just shot a 62 ....



.


And before you read this stream :D

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:25 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43920
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
Tony Panties wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Brendon Grace just shot a 62 ....



.


And before you read this stream :D


Er, I looked at BBC's live reports.

Is this not allowed now?

BTW, our posts hit the website together.

:kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit:


Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:27 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43920
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
No response?

Ah.

Anyway, this Open is terrific.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:


Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:29 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59361
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
Speith won't beat himself, unlike Rory and others. ;)
Golf is more than hitting it 350 yards.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:17 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43920
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Open Golf Championship
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/40695092

Good video.


Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:41 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: