ScumV Rugby Forum - Welsh Rugby Forum - Rugby Chat at its Best
http://scumv.co.uk/

Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn
http://scumv.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=73339
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bouch [ Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:33 am ]
Post subject:  Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40564759

Quote:
Former welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao's controversial loss to Jeff Horn has been rescored by WBO judges - who reached the same result.

Pacquiao was unanimously outpointed in Brisbane last week as 29-year-old Horn won his first world title.

The Filipino, 38, urged governing body the WBO to review an "unfair decision and officiating".

It asked five judges to analyse the fight and they found "Pacquiao won five rounds while Horn won seven rounds".



Whinger gets what he wants and then finds out he was not robbed.

Author:  TJP [ Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

Bouch wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40564759

Quote:
Former welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao's controversial loss to Jeff Horn has been rescored by WBO judges - who reached the same result.

Pacquiao was unanimously outpointed in Brisbane last week as 29-year-old Horn won his first world title.

The Filipino, 38, urged governing body the WBO to review an "unfair decision and officiating".

It asked five judges to analyse the fight and they found "Pacquiao won five rounds while Horn won seven rounds".



Whinger gets what he wants and then finds out he was not robbed.


Have you seen the fight?

'finds out he was not robbed'. Could just easily have written 'suspect governing body decides not to overrule previous dodgy decision'

Author:  Bouch [ Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

It was scored by an independent panel and they all thought it was won by the right man.

I liked the sophistication of the panel listening to the fight with the sound off, TJP.

Do you think that's a good idea?

Author:  Langland Exile [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

Bouch wrote:
It was scored by an independent panel and they all thought it was won by the right man.

I liked the sophistication of the panel listening to the fight with the sound off, TJP.

Do you think that's a good idea?


I watched the fight live, and there is more chance of my becoming Prime Minister than Horne having won that fight.
Bouch, try getting original material..

Author:  Bouch [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:
It was scored by an independent panel and they all thought it was won by the right man.

I liked the sophistication of the panel listening to the fight with the sound off, TJP.

Do you think that's a good idea?


I watched the fight live, and there is more chance of my becoming Prime Minister than Horne having won that fight.
Bouch, try getting original material..


Your ability to generate new material is super-human then? Where off Earth do you get it from?

The rest of humanity have to read newspapers and websites, Oh Omnipotent One.

:D

Author:  TJP [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

Bouch wrote:
It was scored by an independent panel and they all thought it was won by the right man.

I liked the sophistication of the panel listening to the fight with the sound off, TJP.

Do you think that's a good idea?


I don't know about that, but I've thought about whether they could have a judge scoring from a box. So two scoring 'in real life' from each side of the ring, the third from a monitor.

Either way, that decision was an absolute disgrace to the sport.

Author:  Bouch [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

TJP wrote:
I've thought about whether they could have a judge scoring from a box. So two scoring 'in real life' from each side of the ring, the third from a monitor.

Either way, that decision was an absolute disgrace to the sport.


Fair enough, do you think the people who scored independently with the sound off ought to go?

They all arrived at precisely the same result.

That seems fairly suspicious.

Author:  TJP [ Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

Bouch wrote:
TJP wrote:
I've thought about whether they could have a judge scoring from a box. So two scoring 'in real life' from each side of the ring, the third from a monitor.

Either way, that decision was an absolute disgrace to the sport.


Fair enough, do you think the people who scored independently with the sound off ought to go?

They all arrived at precisely the same result.

That seems fairly suspicious.


I would have been interested to see it scored by non WBO officials. The problem is that despite being "anonymous, competent judges from different countries" they are still WBO judges and it's therefore in their interest and the interest of their organisation to stick with the original result. It's not a very independent analysis is it?

If the WBO wanted 'transparency' as they claim, they'd have provided the details of who these judges were and got non WBO judges to do it as well. It's a bit convenient that they're 'anonymous' isn't it?

Author:  Otto [ Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

TJP wrote:
Bouch wrote:
TJP wrote:
I've thought about whether they could have a judge scoring from a box. So two scoring 'in real life' from each side of the ring, the third from a monitor.

Either way, that decision was an absolute disgrace to the sport.


Fair enough, do you think the people who scored independently with the sound off ought to go?

They all arrived at precisely the same result.

That seems fairly suspicious.


I would have been interested to see it scored by non WBO officials. The problem is that despite being "anonymous, competent judges from different countries" they are still WBO judges and it's therefore in their interest and the interest of their organisation to stick with the original result. It's not a very independent analysis is it?

If the WBO wanted 'transparency' as they claim, they'd have provided the details of who these judges were and got non WBO judges to do it as well. It's a bit convenient that they're 'anonymous' isn't it?


Must admit, I've watched that fight twice and, if I watched it a 3rd time I'd still say it was the wrong result!! Not a huge amount in it but I'd still have the winner 115 - 113. a clear 2 rounds ahead for Pacquiao!! But, lets not forget, this is the tarnished WBO putting varnish over the tarnish!!

Author:  loosechange [ Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

Somebody didn't watch this fight. :D

Author:  welshbean [ Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:
It was scored by an independent panel and they all thought it was won by the right man.

I liked the sophistication of the panel listening to the fight with the sound off, TJP.

Do you think that's a good idea?


I watched the fight live, and there is more chance of my becoming Prime Minister than Horne having won that fight.
Bouch, try getting original material..


i had horne winning the first 6, with only the second being close to being 10 10, had horne by 2 in the end

Author:  TJP [ Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

welshbean wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:
It was scored by an independent panel and they all thought it was won by the right man.

I liked the sophistication of the panel listening to the fight with the sound off, TJP.

Do you think that's a good idea?


I watched the fight live, and there is more chance of my becoming Prime Minister than Horne having won that fight.
Bouch, try getting original material..


i had horne winning the first 6, with only the second being close to being 10 10, had horne by 2 in the end


And how long have you been working for the WBO? ;)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/