It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:50 am

Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn 
World XV Player

Post Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40564759

Quote:
Former welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao's controversial loss to Jeff Horn has been rescored by WBO judges - who reached the same result.

Pacquiao was unanimously outpointed in Brisbane last week as 29-year-old Horn won his first world title.

The Filipino, 38, urged governing body the WBO to review an "unfair decision and officiating".

It asked five judges to analyse the fight and they found "Pacquiao won five rounds while Horn won seven rounds".

Whinger gets what he wants and then finds out he was not robbed.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:33 am
International Player

Post Re: Boxing - Result stands for Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn
Bouch wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40564759

Quote:
Former welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao's controversial loss to Jeff Horn has been rescored by WBO judges - who reached the same result.

Pacquiao was unanimously outpointed in Brisbane last week as 29-year-old Horn won his first world title.

The Filipino, 38, urged governing body the WBO to review an "unfair decision and officiating".

It asked five judges to analyse the fight and they found "Pacquiao won five rounds while Horn won seven rounds".

Whinger gets what he wants and then finds out he was not robbed.

Have you seen the fight?

'finds out he was not robbed'. Could just easily have written 'suspect governing body decides not to overrule previous dodgy decision'

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:46 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It was scored by an independent panel and they all thought it was won by the right man.

I liked the sophistication of the panel listening to the fight with the sound off, TJP.

Do you think that's a good idea?

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 pm
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
It was scored by an independent panel and they all thought it was won by the right man.

I liked the sophistication of the panel listening to the fight with the sound off, TJP.

I watched the fight live, and there is more chance of my becoming Prime Minister than Horne having won that fight.
Bouch, try getting original material..

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:15 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:

I watched the fight live, and there is more chance of my becoming Prime Minister than Horne having won that fight.

Your ability to generate new material is super-human then? Where off Earth do you get it from?

The rest of humanity have to read newspapers and websites, Oh Omnipotent One.

:D

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:12 am
International Player

Bouch wrote:

I don't know about that, but I've thought about whether they could have a judge scoring from a box. So two scoring 'in real life' from each side of the ring, the third from a monitor.

Either way, that decision was an absolute disgrace to the sport.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

TJP wrote:
I've thought about whether they could have a judge scoring from a box. So two scoring 'in real life' from each side of the ring, the third from a monitor.

Fair enough, do you think the people who scored independently with the sound off ought to go?

They all arrived at precisely the same result.

That seems fairly suspicious.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:33 pm
International Player

Bouch wrote:
TJP wrote:
I've thought about whether they could have a judge scoring from a box. So two scoring 'in real life' from each side of the ring, the third from a monitor.

Fair enough, do you think the people who scored independently with the sound off ought to go?

I would have been interested to see it scored by non WBO officials. The problem is that despite being "anonymous, competent judges from different countries" they are still WBO judges and it's therefore in their interest and the interest of their organisation to stick with the original result. It's not a very independent analysis is it?

If the WBO wanted 'transparency' as they claim, they'd have provided the details of who these judges were and got non WBO judges to do it as well. It's a bit convenient that they're 'anonymous' isn't it?

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:07 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

TJP wrote:
Bouch wrote:
TJP wrote:

I would have been interested to see it scored by non WBO officials. The problem is that despite being "anonymous, competent judges from different countries" they are still WBO judges and it's therefore in their interest and the interest of their organisation to stick with the original result. It's not a very independent analysis is it?

If the WBO wanted 'transparency' as they claim, they'd have provided the details of who these judges were and got non WBO judges to do it as well. It's a bit convenient that they're 'anonymous' isn't it?

Must admit, I've watched that fight twice and, if I watched it a 3rd time I'd still say it was the wrong result!! Not a huge amount in it but I'd still have the winner 115 - 113. a clear 2 rounds ahead for Pacquiao!! But, lets not forget, this is the tarnished WBO putting varnish over the tarnish!!

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:06 pm
World XV Player

Somebody didn't watch this fight. :D

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:21 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:

i had horne winning the first 6, with only the second being close to being 10 10, had horne by 2 in the end

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:08 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

welshbean wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:

i had horne winning the first 6, with only the second being close to being 10 10, had horne by 2 in the end

And how long have you been working for the WBO? ;)

Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:04 pm
Profile E-mail