It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:55 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Sutton United and Pie Scandal 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58708
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Sutton United and Pie Scandal
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39045017

Really, the world has become a bit too serious... :thumbdown:

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:26 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30772
Location: Somewhere nice
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
I know a *fupping* joke.


Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:54 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4193
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
Bloody stupid.

I bet they recycle "who eat all the pies" chant though

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58708
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
My late father and brother used to own a bunch of greyhounds and they went to Ireland and came back with a special one. It won a few races in a row in Swansea and it was up for the big race and they gave it about 3 pork pies before the race and put a lot of money on the second favourite.

Our dog still won.. ;)

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:24 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 9686
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
Langland Exile wrote:
My late father and brother used to own a bunch of greyhounds and they went to Ireland and came back with a special one. It won a few races in a row in Swansea and it was up for the big race and they gave it about 3 pork pies before the race and put a lot of money on the second favourite.

Our dog still won.. ;)


Best way to fix a greyhound isto get the person who puts it into the trap to pinch its balls.

Alternative deny water up until a little time before race then give it a bucket full.


Lessons learned at Hawthorn flapping track :D ;)

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:08 am
Profile
International Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:35 pm
Posts: 1422
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
Sod them.

The club sold out their community routes to embrace a 1 game sponsorship from The Sun, denying a local, green waste company some pretty valuable airtime.

He was too stupid to realise that the whole thing was people laughing at him for being fat.

The Sun, well they orchestrated a cringe-worthy PR stunt. People talk about the 'magic of the cup' and it being a bit of fun, but I can't think of anything less romantic then an orchestrated PR stunt from The Sun, based on someone being fat.


Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58708
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
TJP wrote:
Sod them.

The club sold out their community routes to embrace a 1 game sponsorship from The Sun, denying a local, green waste company some pretty valuable airtime.

He was too stupid to realise that the whole thing was people laughing at him for being fat.

The Sun, well they orchestrated a cringe-worthy PR stunt. People talk about the 'magic of the cup' and it being a bit of fun, but I can't think of anything less romantic then an orchestrated PR stunt from The Sun, based on someone being fat.


Based on the trend of growing obesity in the UK, it might get widespread appeal? :P

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:27 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11348
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
Surely the odds of 8:1 reflected the fact that the bet was being offered, increased the chances that he would eat a pie ???? Its very difficult to feel sorry for the bookies. They want it all ways... we will have a bet he wont eat a pie, but the only reason he will is because of the bet, but if he eats it because of the bet, he is committing an illegal act. :D *fupp* the bookies and if fatso had a little pay day at his age, good luck to him :D

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 pm
Posts: 30160
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
Blindside wrote:
Surely the odds of 8:1 reflected the fact that the bet was being offered, increased the chances that he would eat a pie ???? Its very difficult to feel sorry for the bookies. They want it all ways... we will have a bet he wont eat a pie, but the only reason he will is because of the bet, but if he eats it because of the bet, he is committing an illegal act. :D *fupp* the bookies and if fatso had a little pay day at his age, good luck to him :D
That's fatism that is. :thefinger:

_________________
You cannot enslave my mind, therefore I will always be a free man.
I can count my true friends on the hairs on the palms of my hands.


Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 13425
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
Blindside wrote:
Surely the odds of 8:1 reflected the fact that the bet was being offered, increased the chances that he would eat a pie ???? Its very difficult to feel sorry for the bookies. They want it all ways... we will have a bet he wont eat a pie, but the only reason he will is because of the bet, but if he eats it because of the bet, he is committing an illegal act. :D *fupp* the bookies and if fatso had a little pay day at his age, good luck to him :D

I have no sympathy for the bookies like you say they want it all ways.

_________________
As a scummer once said 'we dont produce anything and live meaningless lives doing meaningless jobs just to payback money that never really existed in the first place'.


Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:00 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:10 pm
Posts: 5778
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
The player was a fool. He knew exactly what he was doing. As for the club perhaps they should have stuck with local advertisers instead of taking the money from the scummy Sun.


Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 pm
Posts: 9595
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
Non league club making the most of a big cup tie by making as much money as they can, Can't really blame them for that

As for the 'keeper, he knew what he was doing and can't be shocked he's been reprimanded for it tbf.


Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 10:29 pm
Posts: 5753
Location: Lincoln
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
The reserve keeper was 46 years old and weighed in at 23 stone, a man of his age and stature should be allowed to eat as many pies as he wants. It wasn't even a pie, it was a pastie. the world has gone mad.

_________________
I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.


Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:29 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4193
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
simondavis wrote:
The reserve keeper was 46 years old and weighed in at 23 stone, a man of his age and stature should be allowed to eat as many pies as he wants. It wasn't even a pie, it was a pastie. the world has gone mad.



A serious question. If it was a pastie, did the bookies pay out?
It analogous to having heavy hailstones on Xmas or snow?

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:10 am
Profile E-mail
Online
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 18244
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Sutton United and Pie Scandal
I heard on the radio he's known as the rollie pollie goalie.
Made me chuckle. :D

_________________
With all the will in the world,
Diving for dear life, when we could be diving for pearls.


Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:19 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: