It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 am

Rooney- 250... Record Breaker 
World XV Player

Post Rooney- 250... Record Breaker
Thanks for the memories

Bye...

Seriously though, never liked the bloke and he's been past it for a good few years now, but breaking Charltons record that's stood for 40 odd years takes some doing, also the goal that broke the record was a bit tasty.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Rooney- 250... Record Breaker
He's a great example for the kids coming through is Rooney.

Mr Charlton was there to see his record broken and that was good.

250 goals - wow!

Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:11 am
World XV Player

Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:40 am
World XV Player

He's class. Hasn't been great for a while now but he'd still walk into most pro teams on the planet.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:23 am
World XV Player

I used to hate him but he has grown up a lot in the past few years and does not deserve the bad press he gets. To beat Charlton's record is a fantastic achievement. He deserves a lot of praise for this.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Since losing his aggression he's nose dived as a player. Seriously wouldn't get into a pub team some (most) days, but can still produce a little bit of magic when needed (yesterday, cup final he was brilliant)

Not good enough for United any longer and hasn't been for a few years, but will no doubt go down as a United and England legend

Record goal scorer for Manchester United and England... takes some doing tbf :occasion5:

I'd still pay for his flight to China.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
Since losing his aggression he's nose dived as a player. Seriously wouldn't get into a pub team some (most) days, but can still produce a little bit of magic when needed (yesterday, cup final he was brilliant)

Not good enough for United any longer and hasn't been for a few years, but will no doubt go down as a United and England legend

Record goal scorer for Manchester United and England... takes some doing tbf :occasion5:

I reckon he'd shine in a not so "rich" prem team. I used to hate the guy, used to be a right dick, but his growing up won him some fans, shame it has had an impact on his game.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:07 am
International Player

loosechange wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

I reckon he'd shine in a not so "rich" prem team. I used to hate the guy, used to be a right dick, but his growing up won him some fans, shame it has had an impact on his game.

I think his fitness is an issue that is all too easily glossed over. It's pretty common knowledge he likes a smoke and a drink, perhaps the dip in his form wouldn't have arrived this early if he took care of himself a little better.

He had the talent and ability to be a true great, but couldn't quite get there. In terms of an 'example' for young kids, I'd say someone like Cristiano Ronaldo is the one to aim for. Someone who spends his whole life looking after his body and trying to get better, instead of gatecrashing weddings when on international duty...

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

TJP wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

I think his fitness is an issue that is all too easily glossed over. It's pretty common knowledge he likes a smoke and a drink, perhaps the dip in his form wouldn't have arrived this early if he took care of himself a little better.

He had the talent and ability to be a true great, but couldn't quite get there. In terms of an 'example' for young kids, I'd say someone like Cristiano Ronaldo is the one to aim for. Someone who spends his whole life looking after his body and trying to get better, instead of gatecrashing weddings when on international duty...

Also if you take into consideration that he's been playing top flight first team football from the age of 16 I think he was always going to suffer later in his career.

I remember Carlos Quieroz saying that the difference between Rooney and Ronaldo was one trained like he wanted to be the best player in the world and the other trained like he all ready was.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:40 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Prys#1 wrote:
TJP wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

Also if you take into consideration that he's been playing top flight first team football from the age of 16 I think he was always going to suffer later in his career.

I remember Carlos Quieroz saying that the difference between Rooney and Ronaldo was one trained like he wanted to be the best player in the world and the other trained like he all ready was.

Look at the bloke who has just won the Super Bowl for a fifth time. It's all about mindset and preparation.

Rooney has never had that.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:23 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

TJP wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
TJP wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

Look at the bloke who has just won the Super Bowl for a fifth time. It's all about mindset and preparation.

Rooney has never had that.

Totally agree

He got away with it early on in his career, but now..... (and the past 3-4 years tbf)

Another example is Ibrahimovic, The bloke is 35 and has come to a new country, scored goals for fun and shown Rooney how to be a professional.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

On his way to china apparently

35m a year.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

'We made an approach' for Wayne Rooney:

Tianjin Quanjian boss Fabio Cannavaro confirms talks for the Manchester United record goalscorer

Chinese Super League sides are willing to offer striker £1m a week... but Tianjin also have their eye on two other players.

All over the web

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:44 pm
World XV Player

Staying :thumbdown:

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
Staying :thumbdown:

:D

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:07 am