It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Formula One in 2017 
World XV Player

Post Re: Formula One in 2017
Robert Kubica is testing for Williams after testing for Renault earlier in the season. I do hope that he gets a seat. Anyone with his level of disability deserves a chance if he's been quick which apparantly he has.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:38 pm
World XV Player

I'd say he's an accident waiting to happen, Simon. Who'd insure him?

He's made a miraculous recovery but he's not entitled to put other drivers into dangerous situations, they have enough now.

Just imagine the reaction if he was involved in a big accident (again) with another driver involved .....

:(

Robert Kubica's arm after the accident :-

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:55 pm
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
Robert Kubica is testing for Williams after testing for Renault earlier in the season. I do hope that he gets a seat. Anyone with his level of disability deserves a chance if he's been quick which apparantly he has.

Yep, he was just about to get into the upper echelon when he had his accident (rallying?)

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:12 pm
World XV Player

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/11/fia-thursday-press-conference---abu-dhabi.html

An easy-going chat.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:20 pm
World XV Player

P.1 data

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/2017/abu-dhabi-grand-prix/results/practice

P.2 at 13:00 hrs.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:54 pm
World XV Player

Bottas pole and wins it, Hamilton second ...Vettel milesback 3rd.

Uneventful race for end of Season, biggest result...Renault got into 6th place overall in constructors championship and the assoctiated +7.5 M that goes with it..

Drivers overall : Hamilton, Vettel, Bottas

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:50 pm
World XV Player

It's been a season of thrills and spills.

Vettell's brainfarts have been pronounced and he's still a very likeable lad.

Ferrari will be trying even harder next year and that will be something to see.

All in all, the new owners have had a very good start.

Ross Brawn, as usual, gave a very interesting and informative interview to SKY and Channel 4 after the event.

He's going to address the issue about overtaking being a real difficulty.

Quote:
Despite acknowledging the strength of the "the pushback" from some of the teams, most notably superpowers Mercedes and Ferrari, Brawn has defended the proposals and placed them within a framework designed to make F1 louder, more exciting and fan-friendly.

An attractive future with racier cars

Having revealed their plans for F1's engines at a meeting with the FIA and 'current and potential Formula 1 manufacturers' in October, Liberty's proposals for adapting the look and aerodynamics of F1's cars of the future will be unveiled to the teams next month.

But alongside a pledge to make the cars "look sensational", Brawn has also pledged to find a solution to the 'dirty air' handicap which delivers a "fairly catastrophic" aerodynamic disruption to any car following closely behind another.

The future looks to be in good hands.

Here's that chat between the top 3 in the recovery room - http://f1.channel4.com/video/eavesdropping-the-top-three-1248810/

And Bottas' interview with Channel 4.

http://f1.channel4.com/video/the-perfect-way-end-the-season-bottas/

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:29 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14