It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:41 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Formula One in 2017 
World XV Player

Post Re: Formula One in 2017
I'm amazed - Vettel just got better and better.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:18 pm
World XV Player

Verstappen, Vettel and RaiKKonen all taken out on wet start...Vettel the suspect, this time Verstappen the innocent party!

Hamilton led start to finish and was pegged back 3 times with Safety Car restarts

Ricciardo 2nd but the Red Bull supposed challenge never materialised? Bottas 3rd (apparently his drinks supply packed up early in the race and that's bloody uncomfortable in Singapore!!).

Propels Hamilton into a significant Drivers lead.
He drove a wonderful race in v difficult conditions, Wet to drying course.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:15 pm
World XV Player

Lewis Hamilton's birthdays and Christmases came all at once as Vettel's grotesque manoeuvre from right to extreme left him looking like a complete idiot.

Vettel's car swept across into the superbly starting Raikonnen and utter carnage ensued - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41301477

Hamilton's day of days saw him unscathed from 5th on the grid and Vettel's frenzied progress ended with another crash, into the right hand wall this time, as his Ferrari lost fluids to add to the slippery surface of a soaking wet track.

Lewis avoided the raving lunatic and then swept into a race winning position.

Eddie Jordan reminded us before the race, rain falling heavily, that several drivers were good in the wet. At the end of the race he said that Hamilton will now be the champion this year.

Thanks for that, Eddie.

Ferrari refused to talk to Channel 4 before the race - and that after their team boss agreed to have an interview - and their drivers, and the wholly innocent Verstappen, were interviewed by the FIA reps immediately after the race ended.

Vettel left that interview first and disappeared smiling into the night - the stewards took no action over the start-line incident, deciding that "no driver was wholly or predominantly to blame".

Make of that what you will.

Quite why Vettel wasn't punished for causing the chaos escapes me ....

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:40 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:

It was as David Coultard explained in F1 parlance and given the circumstances 'a racing incident'

Raikkonen with a surprisingly fast start from behind complicated the picture and Vettel was trying to close off Verstappen and didn't see Raikkonen as the 3rd car??

Anyway I agree that Vettel took evading dangerous action in the circumstances .. the rain was pouring at the time !

Vettel does need to be curbed ... wasn't many races ago that he purposely bumped Hamilton during a Safety Car restart and got a penalty.

But such is F1 and its out of ordinary circumstances ! :shock:

Red Bull and Ricciardo despite pre race promise couldn't match Hamilton's superb drive in the changing circumstances.

A bonus for Mercedes given that they weren't real set up for Singapore.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:00 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Bouch wrote:

It was as David Coultard explained in F1 parlance and given the circumstances 'a racing incident'. DC was more forgiving that I would have been. Saying Schumacher used to do the same is hardly a pat on the back as Schumacher's dirty tricks are out there for all to see.

Raikkonen with a surprisingly fast start from behind complicated the picture and Vettel was trying to close off Verstappen and didn't see Raikkonen as the 3rd car??

Anyway I agree that Vettel took evading dangerous action in the circumstances .. the rain was pouring at the time !

Vettel does need to be curbed ... wasn't many races ago that he purposely bumped Hamilton during a Safety Car restart and got a penalty. The man is under huge pressure and he's now making serious mistakes.

Red Bull and Ricciardo despite pre race promise couldn't match Hamilton's superb drive in the changing circumstances.

A bonus for Mercedes given that they weren't real set up for Singapore. Yep, totally agree.

Red Bull said that Ricciardo was managing a transmission/gearbox problem all the race so the Crim did well.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:35 pm
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Bouch wrote:

It was as David Coultard explained in F1 parlance and given the circumstances 'a racing incident'. DC was more forgiving that I would have been. Saying Schumacher used to do the same is hardly a pat on the back as Schumacher's dirty tricks are out there for all to see.

Vettel does need to be curbed ... wasn't many races ago that he purposely bumped Hamilton during a Safety Car restart and got a penalty. The man is under huge pressure and he's now making serious mistakes.

A bonus for Mercedes given that they weren't real set up for Singapore. Yep, totally agree.

Red Bull said that Ricciardo was managing a transmission/gearbox problem all the race so the Crim did well.

After race stewards review and interview of the 3 drivers declared the start pile up as a 'racing incident' and no penalties.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:22 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

After race stewards review and interview of the 3 drivers declared the start pile up as a 'racing incident' and no penalties.

Goshwottashock - Ferrari get away with another one.

The early release when a Force India car had right of way in the last race was the 3rd or 4th such incident in the last few years and the last one fully deserved a grid penalty.

This bit of craziness by Vettel, combined with his side swipe on Lewis Hamilton's car recently, should have seen Seb sitting out a race or two.

It's all going to end in tears, byti.

Seb is morphing into Grosjean at his worst and he's getting away with it.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:18 am
World XV Player

Hundreds dead in Mexico following that massive earthquake.

Quote:
But the track is okay ... and the immediate focus was on helping relief efforts following the disaster, which has so far killed 230 people across the capital and surrounding states. Fifty-two buildings collapsed in Mexico City alone.

"We're trying to put out there all the information relevant to how people can help. Right now the concern is really getting everything back to moving from the city perspective and supporting any way we can," said Rodrigo Sanchez, marketing head of the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrigues.

He continued, "If things stay the same, we'll just keep working on what we're doing. The track is fine so we just need to re-focus and get this show done."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41351627

Tequila and Circuses, life goes on.

:(

Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:09 am
World XV Player

Malaysia's final GP this weekend.

The BBC have produced a tale of woe and despair.

And, moving forwards, Aston Martin have confirmed their Spring announcement and they'll be joining up with Red Bull.

Red Bull will race as Aston Martin Red Bull Racing from the 2018 season after agreeing a new title and innovation partnership with the iconic car manufacturer.

The technical partnership will also see a new Advanced Performance Centre being established at Red Bull Racing’s campus later this year, enabling a closer working relationship between the two parties on both F1 and road car technology. The centre is expected to create 110 new jobs, as well as housing Aston Martin’s design and engineering personnel responsible for future sports cars from the two companies.

Aston Martin president and CEO Andy Palmer said his company could look to get further involved in F1 as an engine manufacturer, should conditions be right.

"Title partnership is the next logical step for our Innovation Partnership with Red Bull Racing," Palmer explained.

"We are enjoying the global brand awareness that a revitalised Formula One provides.

The power unit discussions (in Formula One) are of interest to us, but only if the circumstances are right. We are not about to enter an engine war with no restrictions in cost or dynamometer hours but we believe that if the FIA can create the right environment we would be interested in getting involved."

That's the two faces of Formula 1 right there - the BBC worrying about its future and the technocrats making it.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:50 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Malaysia's final GP this weekend.

The BBC have produced a tale of woe and despair.

And, moving forwards, Aston Martin have confirmed their Spring announcement and they'll be joining up with Red Bull.

Red Bull will race as Aston Martin Red Bull Racing from the 2018 season after agreeing a new title and innovation partnership with the iconic car manufacturer.

The technical partnership will also see a new Advanced Performance Centre being established at Red Bull Racing’s campus later this year, enabling a closer working relationship between the two parties on both F1 and road car technology. The centre is expected to create 110 new jobs, as well as housing Aston Martin’s design and engineering personnel responsible for future sports cars from the two companies.

Aston Martin president and CEO Andy Palmer said his company could look to get further involved in F1 as an engine manufacturer, should conditions be right.

"Title partnership is the next logical step for our Innovation Partnership with Red Bull Racing," Palmer explained.

"We are enjoying the global brand awareness that a revitalised Formula One provides.

The power unit discussions (in Formula One) are of interest to us, but only if the circumstances are right. We are not about to enter an engine war with no restrictions in cost or dynamometer hours but we believe that if the FIA can create the right environment we would be interested in getting involved."

That's the two faces of Formula 1 right there - the BBC worrying about its future and the technocrats making it.

Bouch
I don't get the BBC involvement and worry :scratch:

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:03 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Bouch
I don't get the BBC involvement and worry :scratch:

Neither did I, mon brave.

I made an editorial decision and didn't think it was worth anything but a mention.

I'm tired of the BBC's negativity.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:36 am
World XV Player

This is a good link and the videos are top notch - https://www.formula1.com/

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:48 am
World XV Player

Grosjean was a very lucky man this morning.

Have a look at this one.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/9/haas-given-special-dispensation-for-grosjean-repairs.html

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:35 pm
World XV Player

I was wondering how Ferrari were going so well and my cynicism cut in.

Were they giving their engines the full beans for this race and hoping that the ultimate power on offer would close the advantage that Mercedes have?

Anyway, I dismissed that as a bit fanciful and then we've had today's qualifying sessions.

Vettel's car was out of sorts and the Ferrari crew were performing heroics to get the stricken vehicle ready for action.

The engine and whatever needing replacing was replaced - with old parts of course - and the tremendous effort by the mechanics was almost entirely successful, but not quite.

Vettel's car lost power and he limped back to the pits in the first minutes.

He'll start from the back tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41451689

Quote:
What happened to Vettel?

Vettel did get out in the first qualifying session after the Ferrari mechanics changed his engine, but the German immediately radioed to say he was down on power.

He returned to the pits but the team ran out of time to diagnose the problem, let alone fix it.

Vettel was phlegmatic about his bad luck: "I tend to enjoy what I do and today there was not much to enjoy or do but I am sure it will be a good race," he said. "We have a very strong car. It is what it is.

"Who knows what will happen tomorrow? The car is quick. That's maybe why I am pretty relaxed. With a quick car, you can come back, and overtaking is possible here."

Source: All over the web.

A comment from the Channel 4 experts made me smile - "Will Ferrari now install all new bits and pieces as they're already at the back?"

I thought any penalties left over from this incident could now be rolled over to the next race under new regs.

Ho hum, this is a bit of a dilemma for Ferrari isn't it?

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:55 pm
World XV Player

Hamilton stole it, Raikkonen looked like he would get pole.

That's his 70th pole...

Fingers crossed it could be a World Champ driver clincher tomorrow.

Red Bull, as always, in the mix and Bottas lethargic.

Could rain tomorrow? so anything could still happen

Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:12 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next