It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:04 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
NFL 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44379
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: NFL 2016
You'll have to ask a New Zealander, mate.

I'm not worthy to explain why they use it all the time and I've only used the acronym the once on this thread, B+D.


Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:37 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2148
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: NFL 2016
Bouch wrote:
You'll have to ask a New Zealander, mate.

I'm not worthy to explain why they use it all the time and I've only used the acronym the once on this thread, B+D.

I know, or at least think that Macaw's nick is Goat but this is used by US journalists who I doubt have ever heard of RM

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:21 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:35 pm
Posts: 1429
Post Re: NFL 2016
Big And Dull wrote:
Bouch wrote:
You'll have to ask a New Zealander, mate.

I'm not worthy to explain why they use it all the time and I've only used the acronym the once on this thread, B+D.

I know, or at least think that Macaw's nick is Goat but this is used by US journalists who I doubt have ever heard of RM


It's the same thing for McCaw and in the US.

Greatest of all time.


Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:17 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2148
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: NFL 2016
TJP wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
Bouch wrote:
You'll have to ask a New Zealander, mate.

I'm not worthy to explain why they use it all the time and I've only used the acronym the once on this thread, B+D.

I know, or at least think that Macaw's nick is Goat but this is used by US journalists who I doubt have ever heard of RM


It's the same thing for McCaw and in the US.

Greatest of all time.

Ah right
Thanks for that

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:28 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59991
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: NFL 2016
TJP wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:
The Patriots were just too good, mate.

But only just, what a game that was!

5 Super Bowl wins ... Holy Blydi Moley!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/38876854


Not really. all Atlanta had to do was to kick a field goal but they tried to be too clever. My team, the Giants, beat New England both times in the Super Bowl, you need calm heads at key times. Atlanta self destructed, and Ryan is no top flight quarterback.


Easy to say in hindsight.

Two years ago Seahawks were crucified for not running Lynch, yet the stats showed he had been less effective from the 1 yard line than the pass all season.

On Sunday night, after marching down the field the Falcons put faith in the MVP and I don't think that's the worst call in the world.

They did get some things wrong, their clock management was horrible, but that individual play call didn't really strike me as the worst.


It was awful, run the clock down and make NE use theirs, NFL 101, they bottled it big time

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:09 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44379
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: NFL 2016
It was a tremendous Super Bowl.

Here are the winners on their victory parade in Mass.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=victory+parade+in+massachusetts&biw=1280&bih=845&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwizmujy8P_RAhWpK8AKHfH0Dm8Q_AUICCgD


Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:35 am
Profile
International Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:35 pm
Posts: 1429
Post Re: NFL 2016
Langland Exile wrote:
TJP wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:
The Patriots were just too good, mate.

But only just, what a game that was!

5 Super Bowl wins ... Holy Blydi Moley!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/38876854


Not really. all Atlanta had to do was to kick a field goal but they tried to be too clever. My team, the Giants, beat New England both times in the Super Bowl, you need calm heads at key times. Atlanta self destructed, and Ryan is no top flight quarterback.


Easy to say in hindsight.

Two years ago Seahawks were crucified for not running Lynch, yet the stats showed he had been less effective from the 1 yard line than the pass all season.

On Sunday night, after marching down the field the Falcons put faith in the MVP and I don't think that's the worst call in the world.

They did get some things wrong, their clock management was horrible, but that individual play call didn't really strike me as the worst.


It was awful, run the clock down and make NE use theirs, NFL 101, they bottled it big time


I'd argue that the call itself isn't the worst in isolation, but Ryan absolutely cannot take the sack, and he should have known that. Just get rid of the ball! Yes, it would stop the clock, but that would still give them the opportunity to run the ball and then kick the field goal.

It didn't help to have your left tackle then commit a holding penalty as well. That was a shocker.


Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:00 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2148
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: NFL 2016
BBC to show highlights and 2 live UK games again this season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/41097432

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: