It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:05 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Mourinho to United done? 
World XV Player

Post Re: Mourinho to United done?
Mourinho has now said that he needs a lot of new players to get the team he wants at Old Trafford.

Two spending sprees at Old Trafford over the next two windows will get the job done.

United have had good points lately and look to be capable enough for now. When the mega-stars start to arrive, they'll be a match for anyone in Europe as aging players in Barcelona and Real Madrid (and Germany?) must be tempted to "do an Ibrahimovic".

Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:52 am
World XV Player

That goal difference :D

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:27 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
That goal difference :D

Now now, your defence will improve ....

Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:51 am
World XV Player

Our defence is pretty good tbf (considering who the back four is)

The trouble is we've struggled to score more than one goal in quite a lot of games through good goal keeping, being very unlucky and also poor finishing which has allowed teams (if they take their one chance during the game) to snatch a win from us and that has led us to draw many games

Off the top of my head- Stoke, Burnley (although finished 0-0, we dominated and think we had something like 30 shots at goal) Arsenal, West Ham and Everton we've done enough to win and in most of the games we've played the best football I've seen United play for years (even going into fergies last few seasons) but we've struggle to convert the chances that we're creating

Overall myself and I'd say most United supporters are pleased with what Mourinho is doing even though the results look a little dodgy (no doubt West Brom will steam roller us tonight now :D )

Top four has long gone because we haven't been and won't be consistent enough imo, but Mourinho is building something, I'm not sure how far it will take us but there's no doubt is heading in the right direction.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:10 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

You now have the best overseas manager in England.

I'm unhappy on two points quite apart from losing him :-

1. Chelsea are getting double value fines because of his belligerence, and;
2. He failed to give Vanker a kicking off the field as well as on it.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:15 am
World XV Player

Off to Old Trafford next Saturday for our Cup game with United. Pathetic ticket pricing from one of the richest clubs in the world. United are charging £45 for adults tickets and £18 for kids tickets. Reading have decided to take a hit and are selling adult tickets at £30 and kids tickets at £13.
Superb from my c!ub. As for United I hope we knock them out.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Off to Old Trafford next Saturday for our Cup game with United. Pathetic ticket pricing from one of the richest clubs in the world. United are charging £45 for adults tickets and £18 for kids tickets.

Reading have decided to take a hit and are selling adult tickets at £30 and kids tickets at £13.

Great gesture, Pearcey. All the best for a draw, mate.

:thumbup:

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:27 am
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Off to Old Trafford next Saturday for our Cup game with United. Pathetic ticket pricing from one of the richest clubs in the world. United are charging £45 for adults tickets and £18 for kids tickets. Reading have decided to take a hit and are selling adult tickets at £30 and kids tickets at £13.

I was under the impression that cup ticket prices was agreed by both clubs? :scratch: :dontknow:

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:55 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:
Off to Old Trafford next Saturday for our Cup game with United. Pathetic ticket pricing from one of the richest clubs in the world. United are charging £45 for adults tickets and £18 for kids tickets.

Reading have decided to take a hit and are selling adult tickets at £30 and kids tickets at £13.

Great gesture, Pearcey. All the best for a draw, mate.

:thumbup:

Cheers Bouchy. We will give them a good game

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:

I was under the impression that cup ticket prices was agreed by both clubs? :scratch: :dontknow:

Nope its down to the host team to decide on pricing. Besides Reading operate a £20 maximum price for away teams coming go the Madejski as 'twenty is plenty'.
Really looking forward to our visit to OT but your boys have form charging full whack to away team supporters. Its not good enough in this day and age.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:

Nope its down to the host team to decide on pricing. Besides Reading operate a £20 maximum price for away teams coming go the Madejski as 'twenty is plenty'.
Really looking forward to our visit to OT but your boys have form charging full whack to away team supporters. Its not good enough in this day and age.

:D

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Apparently both clubs decide the pricing structure on kids and over 65's tickets? :dontknow:

Anyway, what a boring game that was :yawn:

Honestly thought reading would have put up a fight but they are without a doubt one of the worst sides I've watched United play over the last few years (and we've played some shite and lost!)

Maybe I'm not giving United enough credit? Was probably a pro United ref though...

That Al Habsi mistake .... :D

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:47 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I couldn't understand our tactics. We stood off United and gave them all the time in the world in the first 15 minutes by which time the game was over.
Great movement from United's strikers particularly Martial.
We improved in the second half but didn't hurt United.
Al Habsi's mare capped off a miserable experience.
Nice stadium and I enjoyed walking through the Munich Tunnel albeit a sombre experience.
As for the United fans they were dead quiet

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
I couldn't understand our tactics. We stood off United and gave them all the time in the world in the first 15 minutes by which time the game was over.
Great movement from United's strikers particularly Martial.
We improved in the second half but didn't hurt United.
Al Habsi's mare capped off a miserable experience.
Nice stadium and I enjoyed walking through the Munich Tunnel albeit a sombre experience.
As for the United fans they were dead quiet

It was very strange :scratch:

We've struggled against lower opposition over the past few years when they've pressed us high. Martial did look good, although not sure you can take much from it as he wasn't up against much tbf. Are your lot usually that bad mate? Was expecting so much more, maybe we caught you on a bad day :dontknow:

I can't quite believe Al Habsi is still playing for a pro club :D

Can't really blame the fans, the game was done before they even sat down in their seats. You always find the atmosphere goes when it's such a one sided game

Hope you had a good day out though pal, shame the museum wasn't open because it's worth a look :thumbright:

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

When we lose we do so badly. The players were over-awed by the occasion. We also played United at the wrong time. You could see they were very confident so due credit has to be given because they were superb in that opening spell.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next