It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Fifth Test 
REF

I personally have no trouble shouting for England in the cricket and all this rename them talk is irrelevant IMO. Where does it stop.

We won the ashes and I knew we would, it was that second test followed up by them getting off the hook in the third and they knew it. What England did as a side was dismantle their ego, ball by ball wicket by wicket.

Jones has a huge future, I think vaughn uses him correctly, asa an impact bowler, he always seemed to take wickets when he was bought in.

We can bowl any side out now, its the batting standard that requires work, mini collapses and cheap wickets are still being given.

I agree. Bell certainly needs to work on his batting - he never seems to last very long. The Aussies certainly had the measure of him.

Still if they'd let Jones bowl the last few at Old Trafford I'm convinced we would have won.

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:59 am
World XV Player

If it hadn'r pissed down all day on te Saturdy it would have been wound up by Sunday evening

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:04 am
World Superstar

Location: Drinking Creamflow here in Caredff and Brains up Trefforest, listening to METAAAAAAAAL

OLE OLE OLE OLE PONTY PONTY

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:18 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Shame it was an anti-climax as a test match though.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:19 am
Site Admin

Shame it was an anti-climax as a test match though.

Exactly how I feel about it too David!

Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:11 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

If it hadn'r pissed down all day on te Saturdy it would have been wound up by Sunday evening

If it hadn't rained, I don't think the Aussies would have been bowled out for less than England got!

The fact that almost two days play was lost to rain, meant they had to press on quickly and of course they collapsed!

When it comes down to it though as great a bowler as Shane Warne is, he actually cost his team the Ashes, because if he hadn't dropped Pieterson when he had only scored 15, and it was an absolute sitter at first slip, that would basically have been that, once he had dropped it though, England' name was already on the Ashes trophy!

Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:14 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
World Superstar

Location: Drinking Creamflow here in Caredff and Brains up Trefforest, listening to METAAAAAAAAL

Nice one Shane! :D

OLE OLE OLE OLE PONTY PONTY

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:07 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20