It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:08 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1914 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 128  Next
Swansea City 
World XV Player

Post Swansea City
I have doubted Monk's abilities as manager before, but i am aghast at what has happened so far at the Liberty in the off season.
Vorm, Michu, Davies and Pozuelo gone. Ki, Bony, Canas and Williams amongst players being looked at by other clubs.

:crybaby:

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:52 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Swansea City
Hasnt Williams recently signed a new contract and commuted himself to the swans?

Or maybe it was done to get top £££ for him?

De Guzman has gone back to Mallorca too, or have you extended the loan again???

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

they need to bring in some quality or they could go the way of city

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
Hasnt Williams recently signed a new contract and commuted himself to the swans?

De Guzman has gone too I think.

and Pablo Hernandez.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:04 pm
World XV Player

is it all bad news though? fabianski, gomez, montero and Sigurdsson. if ki & bony are still there in September there is some hope that they have the players to stay up

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Swansea have been worked out and needed new blood. Losing to Fulham in that last game saw them at their worst. (Swansea City 0-3 Fulham)

2012/13

9 Swansea City 38 11 13 14 47 51 -4 - 46

2013/14

12 Swansea City 38 11 9 18 54 54 0 - 42

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:02 pm
World XV Player

mr messy wrote:
is it all bad news though? fabianski, gomez, montero and Sigurdsson. if ki & bony are still there in September there is some hope that they have the players to stay up

I think they've the makings of a decent team and Sigurdsson adds some steel and creativity in midfield.

Need to keep Bony and Ki though, I agree.

Sean

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:26 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

CarmarthenLad wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

De Guzman has gone too I think.

and Pablo Hernandez.

Never really 100% convinced about De Guzman. That may sound like heresy ( :angry4: ), but it's my honest opinion.

Pablo Hernandez was never a Premiership player and struggled to impose himself on the opposition.

Sean

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

welshbean wrote:
they need to bring in some quality or they could go the way of city

Cardiff City?

They made some terrible signings and it was never going to work for them.

Let's hope the Swansea management have learnt from that.

Sean

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:35 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Do you think that Huw Jenkins would just 'let them go' if he didn't have a good reason? I would expect him to have had some say and not just rely on Monks' decision.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:50 am
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
Do you think that Huw Jenkins would just 'let them go' if he didn't have a good reason? I would expect him to have had some say and not just rely on Monks' decision.

Huw has always backed the judgement of his manager 100%, and only checks that there is value in the deal (be it buying or selling) for the club.

I worry chiefly because defensively we look so weak. We had problems at right back all season, neither Tiendalli nor Rangel are convincing at Premiership level, Ben Davies was excellent at left back (Spurs have got bargain of the season there, Man Utd bought the wrong Left Back ), but he has gone and hasn't been replaced and Taylor hasn't looked the same player since he came back from his broken leg. The new kid, Raheem Hanley, has a LOT riding on him as he will be pitched straight into premiership action. Williams and Chico have looked good in the middle of defence, but will be more exposed with our midfield looking even more lightweight than last season, and we have very little cover should either get injured.

I am worried.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:19 am
World XV Player

A little early to make the call "man utd have bought the wrong left back" don't you think.

Davies is a very good player but both him and Shaw are developing and Shaw is ahead of Davies at the moment.

As for swans they need a couple more prem level players, but the real worry will be with Monk who will get fond out to be a poor manager next season IMO.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:55 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
A little early to make the call "man utd have bought the wrong left back" don't you think.

Davies is a very good player but both him and Shaw are developing and Shaw is ahead of Davies at the moment.

As for swans they need a couple more prem level players, but the real worry will be with Monk who will get fond out to be a poor manager next season IMO.

Don't panic Prys, I wasn't dissing Shaw.They are both good players, remarkably similar statistically, the two class young left backs making their way in the EPL. I wouldn't say Shaw is ahead of Davies, I would say they are level.

The only difference is Shaw cost 3 times as much!

Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:11 pm
Site Admin

I was disappointed that Liverpool didn't match Spurs bid for Davies, as for Monk, I just can't see why he was given the managers job permanently, just hope for Swansea's sake that he gets found out sooner rathervthan later

Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:22 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

CarmarthenLad wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

Don't panic Prys, I wasn't dissing Shaw.They are both good players, remarkably similar statistically, the two class young left backs making their way in the EPL. I wouldn't say Shaw is ahead of Davies, I would say they are level.

The only difference is Shaw cost 3 times as much!

You really are a funny twat CL, a consistent funny twat i might add! :D

Shaw is slighlty ahead of Davies, but both are top prospects.

The value is always more when it comes to English players (especially when it comes to Southampton) and this summer is no different (Shaw, Lalalalalalalana, Chambers)

Any way it would be nice to see the Swans stay another season in the PL, but im affraid they'll struggle and Monk will be out on his arse by Xmas.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1914 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 128  Next