It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2060 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 138  Next
Swansea City 
World XV Player

Post Re: Swansea City
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
I was disappointed that Liverpool didn't match Spurs bid for Davies, as for Monk, I just can't see why he was given the managers job permanently, just hope for Swansea's sake that he gets found out sooner rathervthan later

Thought you did offer the same amount and it was the players choice to go to Spurs?

Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
I was disappointed that Liverpool didn't match Spurs bid for Davies, as for Monk, I just can't see why he was given the managers job permanently, just hope for Swansea's sake that he gets found out sooner rathervthan later

Is today early enough for you?

Hot on the heels of losing Chico Flores to Lekwhiya SC, the Swans are now playing Villarreal at the Liberty in the last friendly before the start of the season.

20 minutes in, Villarreal up by 1 goal, and Swansea looking embarrassingly poor all over the park. The back four, in particular, look as if they have never met each other before.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:24 pm
International Player

So thats 2 of the Swans first choice defenders gone.
I gave Monk the benefit of the doubt, now im starting to be very concerned.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

swans look unrecognisable from the team they use to be. no control of possession, no short sharp passing, no movement. its long balls and no organisation. Villarreal and just strolling through the middle of the park

Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Gary Monk influence...

Might help the Ospreys if the Swans go down.. :D

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:01 pm
World XV Player

meddling district man wrote:
So thats 2 of the Swans first choice defenders gone.
I gave Monk the benefit of the doubt, now im starting to be very concerned.

3 if you include vorm.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Is it all Monks doing though? Fancy they will struggle although I think they'll pick up atleast a point next Saturday.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
Is it all Monks doing though? Fancy they will struggle although I think they'll pick up at least a point next Saturday.

yes - it is Monk's doing. It looks very much like he is ditching the possession-first football and trying to get the ball into Gomis and Bony as quickly as possible. Lots of long cross-field passes (or attempts) and midfield bypassed frequently.

Yuck!

I can see why Boney is agitating for a move, and why Vorm & Davies were so pleased to get out. I am betting big Ashley is rueing his decision to stay.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:23 pm
World XV Player

team selection seems to be a bit like a computer game where the "best names" start but there is no shape.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

CarmarthenLad wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Is it all Monks doing though? Fancy they will struggle although I think they'll pick up at least a point next Saturday.

yes - it is Monk's doing. It looks very much like he is ditching the possession-first football and trying to get the ball into Gomis and Bony as quickly as possible. Lots of long cross-field passes (or attempts) and midfield bypassed frequently.

Yuck!

I can see why Boney is agitating for a move, and why Vorm & Davies were so pleased to get out. I am betting big Ashley is rueing his decision to stay.

I'm not in the know when it comes to the swans, but if players are getting sold on then surely Monk can only work with what he's got?

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
CarmarthenLad wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

Yuck!

I'm not in the know when it comes to the swans, but if players are getting sold on then surely Monk can only work with what he's got?

Monk has sanctioned all the sales, none have been forced on him by the board.They are players he no longer requires (or possibly players who wont play under him :D ).

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:44 pm
World XV Player

CarmarthenLad wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
CarmarthenLad wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

Yuck!

Monk has sanctioned all the sales, none have been forced on him by the board.They are players he no longer requires (or possibly players who wont play under him :D ).

Wow! if that's true then he really is a silly sausage then!

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

*fupp* me :crybaby:

Quote:
He said he'd told the players that the stylish performance of Villarreal was an indication of what he was striving to achieve at the Liberty Stadium.

"The way they play and the way they are set up is probably two or three years ahead of us," he added.

"They're a very settled and a very fluid side and I said to the players afterwards that's what we have to aspire to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28727312

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Awesome result today.

Well done Swansea.

More like that please. :clap:

Shane Williams

Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:46 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Prys#1 wrote:
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:

Thought you did offer the same amount and it was the players choice to go to Spurs?

Not what I heard, offered £8m Swans rejected, accepted £10m from Spurs but we didn't want to go that high! Now we'll either end up spending £18-20m on Moreno or more likely not bring in a LB

Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:27 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2060 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 138  Next