It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:29 pm

MotoGP gets off to a great start 
World XV Player

Post MotoGP gets off to a great start
The new motorbike Grand Prix season got off to a flyer at Jerez last weekend with a Loris Capirossi win, who was pushed all the way by the new kid sensation, the 20 year old, Daniel Pedrosa. Valentino Rossi came off his bike on the first corner but eventually got back up to 14th.

The link is here:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 847088.stm

This week the action turns to the searing heat of Qatar, where at present in testing, the Aussie Casey Stoner and American Colin Edwards are setting the pace ahead of Valentino Rossi.

I have just bought myself and Kate our tickets for this years MotoGP at Donington and can't wait.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:02 am
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Post Re: MotoGP gets off to a great start
Graham Roberts wrote:
The new motorbike Grand Prix season got off to a flyer at Jerez last weekend with a Loris Capirossi win, who was pushed all the way by the new kid sensation, the 20 year old, Daniel Pedrosa. Valentino Rossi came off his bike on the first corner but eventually got back up to 14th.

The link is here:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 847088.stm

This week the action turns to the searing heat of Qatar, where at present in testing, the Aussie Casey Stoner and American Colin Edwards are setting the pace ahead of Valentino Rossi.

I have just bought myself and Kate our tickets for this years MotoGP at Donington and can't wait.

my prediction for the coming season is um Rossi to win it again. the bloke is pure class. won it on a shitter bike

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:09 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Yes, I still think he has the edge on the other riders, but Marco Melandri and Colin Edwards will be pushing hard. I also think Daniel Pedrosa will get better as the season goes on.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:20 am
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Yes, I still think he has the edge on the other riders, but Marco Melandri and Colin Edwards will be pushing hard. I also think Daniel Pedrosa will get better as the season goes on.

i really hope they do and the title goes down to the last race. i hope Chaz Davies does well for his new factory team Campetella Aprilia in the 250cc world championship

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:29 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I have a feeling Rossi's mind will be on other matters (formula 1 offers) so maybe that will play into the other guys hands.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:30 am
Profile WWW
World XV Player

I have a feeling Rossi's mind will be on other matters (formula 1 offers) so maybe that will play into the other guys hands.

is he any good in a car or is it just for publisityfor formula 1

Gwyn A. Williams,

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:34 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Graham Roberts wrote:

is he any good in a car or is it just for publisityfor formula 1

I'm not really sure. I know he used to do carting.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:46 am
Profile WWW
REF

He's over a second a lap off the pace in the car - that's an age in F1, but of course has only done a couple of tests.

I reckon he'll struggle though as any team paying his wages will want instant results and it is nowhere near the same as riding bikes (it was a lot more similar before traction control). Plus with the new engines power and grip are fairly balanced - something which certainly isn't the case in MotoGP.

He's a great rider, and will be great in time, but is a top team, paying high wages, with a good car and a top team-mate winning in that good car going to give him time to learn the ropes?

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:41 pm
World XV Player

I saw footage of him also doing testing in a rally car. The guy is obviously looking at a change, as he has done it all, got the T-shirt on the bikes.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Location: Drinking various ales here in Caredff and Otley's up Trefforest - Stuart Davies says TASTY!!!

Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:50 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Location: Drinking various ales here in Caredff and Otley's up Trefforest - Stuart Davies says TASTY!!!
Certainly a great start to the season for Pedrosa.

Don't know if it was MotoGP or World Superbikes but, a coupla seasons back, two brothers came into it and they were far better youngsters and outshone more experienced competitors. They had what I thought was an odd-sounding surname :?

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Those guys have gotta be nutters though haven?t they. I did a little sprint racing when I was young, but I always had a good imagination, so was never really in it. They have to put all common sense on the bench in the workshop before putting the helmet on.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:41 pm
Profile E-mail
REF

Ah bikes. Throbbing machines between men's legs. Throbbing, humming, speed, fastness, more speed, power, engines, speed, thrusting forward at speed, cutting through the virginal air before you....

Stuck at the phallic stage of one's psychosexual development methinks?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:34 pm
World XV Player

Ah bikes. Throbbing machines between men's legs. Throbbing, humming, speed, fastness, more speed, power, engines, speed, thrusting forward at speed, cutting through the virginal air before you....

Stuck at the phallic stage of one's psychosexual development methinks?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oi Trowey :!:

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:53 am
Profile E-mail WWW
REF

I saw footage of him also doing testing in a rally car. The guy is obviously looking at a change, as he has done it all, got the T-shirt on the bikes.

The bloke is awesome.... I would like to see him in F1, but doubt he'd be given the time to develop :cry: .

And it's proving to be much easier than I thought. All speaking and listenting with no grammar to worry about.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:37 am